testtest

Couple of questions on SA guns.

Just signed on and have been a big time Springfield Armory fan. I own two Hellcats, one SOCOM 16 and one Victor Saint in 300 BO and love them all. Here are my questions.

1. Is there any plan for Springfield to chamber the SOCOM 16 in 6.5 Creedmoor?
2. I love the triggers on my SOCOM and VS but am interested in trying a Geissele SD-3D trigger on my Saint. Has anyone done this and how did you like it compared to the stock trigger from the factory?
EDIT: 3. Any plans to run different calibers in the Waypoint? Say a 300PRC maybe?

Thank you for your time.
Ed

Last edited:
Just signed on and have been a big time Springfield Armory fan. I own two Hellcats, one SOCOM 16 and one Victor Saint in 300 BO and love them all. Here are my questions.

2. I love the triggers on my SOCOM and VS but am interested in trying a Geissele SD-3D trigger on my Saint. Has anyone done this and how did you like it compared to the stock trigger from the factory?

Thank you for your time.
Ed
I like CMC triggers better. G is ok.

Welcome to the forum @BoJangles

AR triggers are really easy to upgrade and can be one of the best internal upgrades you can do. The only special tool you will need is a 1/8th punch and a small hammer. There are tons of videos online showing how to upgrade an AR15 trigger.

You can't go wrong with Geissele when upgrading but you can make the process easier by using a drop in trigger like the CMC, Rise Armament, or Timney triggers which can be had for less money. I would also recommend ditching the roll pins and picking up some anti walk pins which ever way you choose.

Are you looking for a 2-stage trigger specifically?

Welcome to the forum @BoJangles

AR triggers are really easy to upgrade and can be one of the best internal upgrades you can do. The only special tool you will need is a 1/8th punch and a small hammer. There are tons of videos online showing how to upgrade an AR15 trigger.

You can't go wrong with Geissele when upgrading but you can make the process easier by using a drop in trigger like the CMC, Rise Armament, or Timney triggers which can be had for less money. I would also recommend ditching the roll pins and picking up some anti walk pins which ever way you choose.

Are you looking for a 2-stage trigger specifically?
Thank you for the reply. I like the trigger on the VS very much. But I want it to be a bit lighter pull. I don't mind 2 stage or single stage to be honest. I am used to some kind of take up so I will probably stick with the 2 stage. I have been looking online since posting this thread and am considering the SSA or SSA-E as well. I want to stick with Geissele now because it is what the military has been using and that is always good enough for me. I am not as heavy into this as most. I am retired Army and been shooting my whole life. Just want something with a bit lighter pull at this point. I am sure as I get into this more and more, my wants will change but at this point, Geissele is what I want. Plus, I have a G2S on my ADM UIC Mod2 and love it. So I know what to expect with Geissele.

Thank you for the reply. I like the trigger on the VS very much. But I want it to be a bit lighter pull. I don't mind 2 stage or single stage to be honest. I am used to some kind of take up so I will probably stick with the 2 stage. I have been looking online since posting this thread and am considering the SSA or SSA-E as well. I want to stick with Geissele now because it is what the military has been using and that is always good enough for me. I am not as heavy into this as most. I am retired Army and been shooting my whole life. Just want something with a bit lighter pull at this point. I am sure as I get into this more and more, my wants will change but at this point, Geissele is what I want. Plus, I have a G2S on my ADM UIC Mod2 and love it. So I know what to expect with Geissele.
I can't argue with that logic as it makes total sense to what your looking for.

A trigger swap should take roughly 20mins to complete and there really isn't much you can do to mess anything up if you follow the install instructions.

The Geissele trigger is a mil-spec style trigger so there isn't anything special to consider when installing it outside of a regular mil-spec style trigger.

I recommend taking pictures of each stage of the disassembly and install process for your own reference when putting everything back together.

Last edited:
I would like to see the SOCOM 16 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor as well as .308. Not sure of the ballistic differences between the two with a 16 inch barrel but I am thinking it would still be flatter shooting than the .308 and longer distances as well. SOCOM has adopted the 6.5 Creedmoor. Might as well get a head start on it....hint, hint. ;)

EDIT: 3. Any plans to run different calibers in the Waypoint? Say a 300PRC maybe?

Thank you for your time.
Ed
2) I did a Geissele Single Stage Precision and love it. Not a 3 gun like your request, but cant go wrong with any Geissele. Depends on your need.
my stock Saint Victor nickel boron went into my SBR build and was a perfect swap out and use.

2) I did a Geissele Single Stage Precision and love it. Not a 3 gun like your request, but cant go wrong with any Geissele. Depends on your need.
my stock Saint Victor nickel boron went into my SBR build and was a perfect swap out and use.
What did you put your precision trigger in? I was looking at a video on those today as well. They look pretty impressive.

Back