testtest

Couldn’t Believe What I Was Hearing

This is the time of the year when I start doing or should I say getting general maintenance done on my truck to get ready for cool/cold weather. Oil changes and tire rotation I leave to the dealer, other things I do myself.
Yesterday I went looking for an air filter for my 2017 F250 3 auto parts stores and no luck I decided to call the dealer to check availability and get a price,
Yup they had one then the parts guy told me the price. And this is when I almost lost my mind. $120.00 for an air filter!!!!!
Now I know it’s not the parts guy fault but I couldn’t stop myself from saying
“That’s F$$$ing insane” I had a few more choice words then hung up before I really embarrassed myself.
There was one more parts store near where I live so I drove there, they had one made by (Wicks) now I had never heard about that manufacturer but it looked EXACTLY like the original equipment and it was $30.00, $90.00 less then the one that has MotorCraft printed on the box.
Come on Ford, Really????

This is the time of the year when I start doing or should I say getting general maintenance done on my truck to get ready for cool/cold weather. Oil changes and tire rotation I leave to the dealer, other things I do myself.
Yesterday I went looking for an air filter for my 2017 F250 3 auto parts stores and no luck I decided to call the dealer to check availability and get a price,
Yup they had one then the parts guy told me the price. And this is when I almost lost my mind. $120.00 for an air filter!!!!!
“That’s F$$$ing insane” I had a few more choice words then hung up before I really embarrassed myself.
There was one more parts store near where I live so I drove there, they had one made by (Wicks) now I had never heard about that manufacturer but it looked EXACTLY like the original equipment and it was $30.00, $90.00 less then the one that has MotorCraft printed on the box.
Come on Ford, Really????
Is this your filter?

Last edited:
You sure? Each one comes with a free German made Sig or Walther. They don’t tell you that until you join the Porsche Club and learn the secret handshake. And despite what most people think you only have to drive it like a douche one day a week.

I drive a Porsche Cayman S and it uses a replaceable filter cartridge (the filter housing does not get replaced) which costs $20.00. Get you a Porsche!
A Porsche 814 pickup may be a bit better? - Am joking! :)
Custom Red Porsche 914 Pickup Truck : WeirdWheels

I use the Wix XP oil filter (15,000 mile changeout but I change it at 5000 with Mobil 1 full synthetic) and their cabin air filter for my car. For my engine air intake, I replaced the OEM with a K&N Typhoon system which has a cleanable high performance filter. It took less than 2 hours to install. K&N also makes stock engine air filters for replacements which are also cleanable and less expensive in the long run. They recommend 50,000 mile intervals for my car but you can stretch that with an Outerwears pre-filter which you just throw in the washer when it gets dirty. I get my Wix oil filters from Industrial Supply Co. in bulk (about $50 for 6) but used the Wix website to determine the filters for my car. We use Wix oil filters and Outerwears on the sprint car I crew on. With the stock replacement, you'll get better mileage if you're not too heavy on the loud pedal or your turbo. Check the websites for Wix, Outerwears, and K&N to see if they're available for whatever you drive. It will save you money better spent on your firearm collection!

Come on Ford, Really????
I checked K&N's site after my post. They do make a cleanable filter for your truck with a 10 year/ 1 million mile warranty. All you need is a screwdriver to install and you'll never have to pay for one again. They're out of stock at this site but if you search the web, you'll likely find one cheaper. Amazon has it in stock. The Wix is also good, just won't last as long. Depends how long you keep that truck. Here's the K&N link: https://www.knfilters.com/e-0644-replacement-air-filter

Last edited:
Back