testtest

Couldn’t Believe What I Was Hearing

Personally, not into imports, there fine though, me…. all American muscle, Dodge Demon….fastest production car
at that time

0-60 2.3 seconds

0-100: 6.08 seconds

1/8th mile: 6.6 seconds @ 125 mph

1/4 mile: 10.5 seconds @ 129 mph

1630876155138.gif

Actually the NHRA had to ban this car from the track until a roll cage and few other safety measures was in place, car was to fast for the class it’s in.

Personally, not into imports, there fine though, me…. all American muscle, Dodge Demon….fastest production car
at that time

0-60 2.3 seconds

0-100: 6.08 seconds

1/8th mile: 6.6 seconds @ 125 mph

1/4 mile: 10.5 seconds @ 129 mph

View attachment 20442
Actually the NHRA had to ban this car from the track until a roll cage and few other safety measures was in place, car was to fast for the class it’s in.
That’s like a Dodge Groundhog Day.
pulls away, stops, goes back, pulls away, never going anywhere. 🤦‍♂️😁😃😂😂😂

Ok first “found on road dead” is the chicken that didn’t make it across the road.
And “fix or repair daily” is an oxymoron, kind of like the chicken that can’t make it across the road without getting killed.
I've had a lot of trucks in my life. All kinds. And when I say a lot I mean at least 30. The best truck I ever had hands down was a 1996 F350 extended cab 8 foot bed with a 7.3 Power stroke and a 5 speed manual tranny.

By the way I carried spare fuel and air filters around in that truck because if the filters got bad you knew it. Luckily they were easy to change and not all that expensive.

Dealers are always out to get you but lately.... $60 for an in cabin filter that looks like a piece of paper. I can get something that looks like an actual high quality air filter, in a 3 pack mind you, off of Amazon for $20. My son's oil change and tire rotation last week went from $73 to $115. Almost 40% is not a subtle increase from his last one about 3 months ago.

Dealers are always out to get you but lately.... $60 for an in cabin filter that looks like a piece of paper. I can get something that looks like an actual high quality air filter, in a 3 pack mind you, off of Amazon for $20. My son's oil change and tire rotation last week went from $73 to $115. Almost 40% is not a subtle increase from his last one about 3 months ago.
I think with the chip shortage Ford and a few other manufacturers are going through currently it has the dealers jacking up the prices on parts and services because of the lack of new car & truck inventory to sell.

It's bull crap either way because they will only alienate themselves further by pushing more people toward other retailers for factory parts.

I think with the chip shortage Ford and a few other manufacturers are going through currently it has the dealers jacking up the prices on parts and services because of the lack of new car & truck inventory to sell.

It's bull crap either way because they will only alienate themselves further by pushing more people toward other retailers for factory parts.
I can see that being the case. The dealer lot were I bring the cars is usually stacked with cars. Now its half empty (or full depending how you look at it :)) They said they just can't get them. I noticed the prices of the particular vehicle I drive, have gone up 5K becasue of it. Service dept told me it is not a good time to buy a car. Supply and demand is jacking everything up.

I can see that.
Our lovely city allowed one family to own 95% of the dealerships in town. This family also owns many dealerships in several other cities in central Illinois. When the former owner of the local Ford dealership sold out to this family it was with reluctance because nobody else stepped forward to buy his Ford dealership.
I had a good working relationship with the parts counter guys and they gave me pretty good discounts whenever they could. After the takeover they fired all those people and put in their own. Parts prices went up 60%!
Oh they'll work with you and give you a 10% discount. I laughed and took my parts business for my Ford truck elsewhere.

I can see that.
Our lovely city allowed one family to own 95% of the dealerships in town. This family also owns many dealerships in several other cities in central Illinois. When the former owner of the local Ford dealership sold out to this family it was with reluctance because nobody else stepped forward to buy his Ford dealership.
I had a good working relationship with the parts counter guys and they gave me pretty good discounts whenever they could. After the takeover they fired all those people and put in their own. Parts prices went up 60%!
Oh they'll work with you and give you a 10% discount. I laughed and took my parts business for my Ford truck elsewhere.
Recently I went to a local dealership to buy sparkplugs and coil boots because I got them last year and they were priced similar to AutoZone but when I went this year to buy more the price doubled so I refused and bought them on Amazon for 1/2 price. The dealership wanted $120 and Amazon was $60 for the same Motorcraft parts.

Recently I went to a local dealership to buy sparkplugs and coil boots because I got them last year and they were priced similar to AutoZone but when I went this year to buy more the price doubled so I refused and bought them on Amazon for 1/2 price. The dealership wanted $120 and Amazon was $60 for the same Motorcraft parts.
That’s definitely price gouging

One of the oldest tricks in the book for 99% of any dealership."Would you like to test drive this X, no problem, can I make a copy of your drivers license (for insurance purposes) before we go"? While your out for a test drive they are running your credit score to see if you qualify for a loan or are they just wasting their time.
No way I'd allow anyone to photocopy my DL. I'll show it to them however. I think they want to copy it to get your address so they can junk mail you or get your phone # to call you incessantly.

Back