testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Emissary 1911 Review

Update. I installed the nighthawk drop in trigger. Which was not drop in due to Springfields garbage mim beavertail. I had to dremel out a bunch of material which for not being a gunsmith was pretty nerve racking. Trigger pull is now averaging under 4lb. And is much better. Potentially gonna go a magwell in the future but other than that, I'm done. Came out nice

Attachments

• 20210827_175219.jpg
    20210827_175219.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 197
Update. I installed the nighthawk drop in trigger. Which was not drop in due to Springfields garbage mim beavertail. I had to dremel out a bunch of material which for not being a gunsmith was pretty nerve racking. Trigger pull is now averaging under 4lb. And is much better. Potentially gonna go a magwell in the future but other than that, I'm done. Came out nice
As far as magwells go, I just this morning installed a Stan Chen SI magwell on my DW Vigil and it was stupid easy and the part looks amazing! I’d definitely recommend taking a look at those!

I’ve owned a lot of 1911s over the last 30 yrs & my Emissary is the most accurate “outta the box” non-custom 1911 I’ve ever shot.

I picked it up, cleared it, lubed it up (yes, lube NOT oil… oil is good for storing weapons, lube is better for shooting weapons) and went straight to the gun range. I put 200 rds of Winchester FMJ ball ammo thru it to warm it up, then 20 rounds ea of:

Federal Hyrdra-Shock JHP 230gr
Gold Dot Speer GDHP 230gr
Hornady Critical Defense 185gr
Hornady Critical Duty + P 220gr
SIG V-Crown JHP 230gr
Buffalo Bore +P 230gr (15 rds)

… ALL without a single FTF, FTF, FTE, or primer misfire… AMAZING or LUCKY? I don’t know, probably a little of both. Admittedly I was using Wilson Combat magazines so maybe I was cheating a little bit. LOL

I digress.

After the first mag of Winchester FMJ I was able to get 2” groups at 15-18 yds consistently, and then successfully executed a cut out drill w/an IDPA (tan) target at 20 yds (cut out the “0” center of the IDPA target, hang the target, send it out to 15-20 yds, shoot at the center of the target with the goal of putting all rounds thru the center, while NOT hitting any portion of the remaining paper target) with ZERO hits on the paper using 8 rds ea of different defense loads… hence the most accurate “out of the box” non-custom 1911 I’ve ever shot.

At the end of the day I put 355 rds thru her with zero, zilch, nada, no misfires, feeding problems, or even primer misfires… $1078.00 well spent.

Is that the cost of the gun, or is that what 355 rounds of .45 acp go for now? I wouldn't know because I haven't seen .45 acp on store shelves since early 2020.
Your question's sorta funny in a way?
Likely for the gun alone. Sure isn't for both ammo & gun or we're on wrong side of tracks ....or planet? :)

$1078. divided by 355? Am thinking at over $3. a round, going that way, more of it would be on shelves. 45acp's available many places have been to lately. About $40 or less for 50rnd bx of FMJ. Lot of that, 357mag, 38sp, 40 & 9mm available too. (Knock on wood.) 22 & 32 cal's are still scarce though. Shotgun rounds are finally floating back onto shelves.

I have carried a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded Micro Compact since my state legalized concealed carry but have not had the opportunity to purchase a full size. This one has Buy Me written all over it except for ONE thing. Being a southpaw I do prefer an ambi' safety. All the other functions I have adapted to. Is there a chance that an Ambi Safety will be offered as an aftermarket item that I can install? That would put it in the cart, so to speak.

I have carried a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded Micro Compact since my state legalized concealed carry but have not had the opportunity to purchase a full size. This one has Buy Me written all over it except for ONE thing. Being a southpaw I do prefer an ambi' safety. All the other functions I have adapted to. Is there a chance that an Ambi Safety will be offered as an aftermarket item that I can install? That would put it in the cart, so to speak.
the best i could do, to answer you, is give you this link, then you contact them..??

Happy T-Day, everyone.

The pro and con that have me waffling about buying an Emissary:

Pro: You can easily insert a gloved index finger (or really fat index finger) inside the trigger guard; handy to be able to do in our cold winters if you need to draw your weapon in a hurry.

Con: No provision for a red dot sight. With red dot sights being the rage and boon, you'd think that would be a no-brainer feature to add to a new pistol--there's the marketing aspect targeting older gun owners--who are arguably a large segment of customers who still buy 1911s--and whose aging vision finds red dot sights a welcome gun accessory.

Happy T-Day, everyone.

The pro and con that have me waffling about buying an Emissary:

Pro: You can easily insert a gloved index finger (or really fat index finger) inside the trigger guard; handy to be able to do in our cold winters if you need to draw your weapon in a hurry.

Con: No provision for a red dot sight. With red dot sights being the rage and boon, you'd think that would be a no-brainer feature to add to a new pistol--there's the marketing aspect targeting older gun owners--who are arguably a large segment of customers who still buy 1911s--and whose aging vision finds red dot sights a welcome gun accessory.
I agree with you. I know that when it comes to 1911s there is more of a tendency to stay traditional, but with something like the Emissary which has taken a future forward approach to the 1911 not making it optic ready was a miss. I struggle to shoot 25 yds with iron sights, but with a red dot I can go 50yds with little problem.

Observing the dude shoot that thang, I'd guess he is not so much of a 1911 guy........the trigger finger.........

Back