testtest

Love John Wayne? Have an Extra $40,000 + ?

Thanks for posting Chance, a nice revolver.
If looking for something appearing similar? ....and with perhaps a lot less "grit" needed?
- Guess it could be called replica grit? :)

Back in the 1940s, '50s and '60s Colt wasn't producing cheap SAA revolvers in quantity. I read that a lot of the studios went with Italian made replicas which, on the silver screen were good enough. Uberti got its start in the handgun sector this way. I thought the Duke was packing an import, guess I was wrong.
I'd like to have those engraved beauties he used in "The Shootist."
A little too fancy for shootin, I'd let them rest in a glass case. When Opie tossed that one across the room at the end I cringed.

Back in the 1940s, '50s and '60s Colt wasn't producing cheap SAA revolvers in quantity. I read that a lot of the studios went with Italian made replicas which, on the silver screen were good enough. Uberti got its start in the handgun sector this way. I thought the Duke was packing an import, guess I was wrong.
I'd like to have those engraved beauties he used in "The Shootist."
A little too fancy for shootin, I'd let them rest in a glass case. When Opie tossed that one across the room at the end I cringed.
Inventors and the like dont make their products to sit in a glass case … shoot it, drive it, wear it and enjoy …

Shoot em? :unsure: Maybe on special occasions but no mag dumps, y'know?
;)
Some unique things need to be preserved out of respect. Those revolvers aren't even up for auction. Somebody's pretty happy with them.

Back