testtest

Smith and Wesson is moving

Recusant

Hellcat
Move includes headquarters and significant portion of operations due to changing business climate for firearms manufacturing in Massachusetts

Sad but fantastic all at the same time.

New England is losing businesses across the spectrum from Finance, health, Manufacturing , etc … due to their policies and taxes
Honestly, I don’t think New England cares if they lose any business or put people out of work, all they care about is being “woke” and following political agendas now, I don’t even think they realize how much tax revenue they will lose. Good thing for S&W to move to a more friendly environment, just sad all the people who will lose there jobs.

Move includes headquarters and significant portion of operations due to changing business climate for firearms manufacturing in Massachusetts

Money talks, bull$hit walks. I love seeing money spent where it's deserving (whatever your opinion is). THIS is the reason the Constitution was written the way it was. Power to the states UNLESS it's given to the federal gov (9 enumerated powers). If the federal gov makes the rules, all states become homogenous. Allowing the states to make their own laws will draw similar thinking people together in an environment they enjoy while allowing a place for everyone. Those that draw the most will have the biggest tax base and succeed. Those that screw it up will find themselves broke. I may be oversimplifying it :LOL: :unsure:

What an indictment of Massachusetts to force an American icon like S&W out.
i live up here in New England, just not massachusetts.

we lost a whole lot of manufacturing companies, (through out all of N.E.) due to the very high energy costs, labor costs, and high tax rates. some business work out a deal to get the taxes lowered, and if successful they stay. if not, they scram. only to relocate to a southern state, for little to no taxes, and lower energy and labor costs.

i think the people up here are totally misinformed on the 2A and gun ownership. i think they see gun ownership as a potential violent event to take place. rather than for the sport, and self defense aspect of it.

yet, they seem to dismiss the criminals that get them. and then putting the blame on the honest citizen that is an owner, that has his home broken into, ransacked, and a gun stolen.

i say it's great that S&W is leaving, if only to prosper in a more 2A respected state.

i do not believe for a minute that the state of Massachusetts really gives a flying finger, that they will lose tax dollars.

i'm sure they will convert the S&W factory into expensive condo's.

Massachusetts is more and more like Silicon Valley, catering to the IT businesses.

Hey bassbob I was thinking I can check the place out we have family in Joplin and Branson
Both of those places are a fair piece from Columbia. 4 hours or so I'd guess. As far as I can tell it's just a warehouse not a retail facility or a manufacturing plant. Probably not a whole lot to see.

I don't get to Columbia often. Only if I have to go to KC for some reason. Which I try to not have to do. KC is only marginally less F'ed up than STL. I do have family in Springfield ( very near Branson) and I spend a good bit of time down that way fly fishing. Maps say 4 hours from here, but I usually do it in a little under 3. ;-)

Both of those places are a fair piece from Columbia. 4 hours or so I'd guess. As far as I can tell it's just a warehouse not a retail facility or a manufacturing plant. Probably not a whole lot to see.

I don't get to Columbia often. Only if I have to go to KC for some reason. Which I try to not have to do. KC is only marginally less F'ed up than STL. I do have family in Springfield ( very near Branson) and I spend a good bit of time down that way fly fishing. Maps say 4 hours from here, but I usually do it in a little under 3. ;-)
Thanks bassbob we will scratch that off the list and enjoy the country music stuff in Branson

Back