testtest

My next gun...

No not yet, but it's on my bucket list! I've been bogged down with family stuff and health issues which take up a lot of my time. When the weather cools down and I can back out to my shooting range I'll put a box of ammo through it. That's the great thing about guns, they don't go bad sitting in the safe, but thanks for asking. :)

Next gun is the XDM-Elite Compact OSP 3.8" in 10mm. Went to GT today looking for one. He was like hold on... went in the back and came out with a black Springfield box. It was exactly that, but in 9mm =/. Tried to place one on order but they don't even have a model # or SKU for them yet.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD(M) ELITE COMPACT OSP 10MM PISTOL

SKU51655114270
BrandSpringfield Armory
Model NumberXDME93810CBHCOSP
UPC706397952495

Next gun is the XDM-Elite Compact OSP 3.8" in 10mm. Went to GT today looking for one. He was like hold on... went in the back and came out with a black Springfield box. It was exactly that, but in 9mm =/. Tried to place one on order but they don't even have a model # or SKU for them yet.

Looks like a part number to me ...

It also what my latest interest is leaning towards, or the same thing with the Hex Dragonfly!

My “next gun “ came in Saturday .

Sig M17

6EB794F8-9148-4D82-93C3-F94EF0F14F42.jpeg

What will your next gun be, and why?

If it is handguns we are talking about, my next gun will likely be a Sig P365. I was in a pawn shop recently, and I dry-fired a Sig P365, and the trigger on that gun was fantastic! Also, it had an incredibly good, small optic sight built in to the gun. I'm not sure how to describe the size of the sight other than to say it was flat against the top of the gun; but it gave me an excellent sight picture. And I was able to also use the standard sight.

I've also been toying with getting a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum snubnose with a bobbed hammer. I like revolvers IF they are exceptionally well made (I don't trust them otherwise), and from everything I have heard, that one is.

As for long guns, I've been eyeing the Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge. You can get it right now at Academy Sports for $200. All of the reviews I have seen say that this is a very reliable gun. And I am old-school; I don't want a bunch of bells and whistles. I just want a reliable pump shotgun that will shoot every time I pull the trigger. And I prefer a manual pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun for two reasons:
1) I can more reliably muscle the next shell into the barrel with a dirty gun than the semi-auto mechanism can.
2) I really like the sound that pumping the gun makes - puts the bad guy on notice.
Super Redhawk in .454, 7.5 inch barrel. I love my .44 in the same revolver but I'd like a little more punch, just for the giggle factor. Fun fact: I took my 70-year-old dad to the outdoor range on Saturday with my VP40, 686, and the .44. He did really good on the steel gong at 15 yards, and he got a pretty good kick out of watching the gong fly around when he hit it with a Buffalo Bore 340 grain +P+. He's an old Screaming Eagle paratrooper but never really shot anything after he left the Army. It was fun to see him enjoy it.

Super Redhawk in .454, 7.5 inch barrel. I love my .44 in the same revolver but I'd like a little more punch, just for the giggle factor. Fun fact: I took my 70-year-old dad to the outdoor range on Saturday with my VP40, 686, and the .44. He did really good on the steel gong at 15 yards, and he got a pretty good kick out of watching the gong fly around when he hit it with a Buffalo Bore 340 grain +P+. He's an old Screaming Eagle paratrooper but never really shot anything after he left the Army. It was fun to see him enjoy it.
That’s cool!!!

I am on the look out for a Beretta 92 FS compact (no rail). My son purchased one and I kick myself for not getting one at the same time. Fine pistol, but he won't sell it to me!! I would almost get one with the rail and trade him.

Walked into my LGS/range and stumbled upon a pristine Range Officer Target 9mm in the used case. With two permits pending I had to buy it, but waiting for NJ system to clear me to pick it up (for the 5th time this yr) is the hard part. Now to find a nice compact/sub compact 1911 design, maybe Kimber Micro or a SA 911. Wish they offered the 911 with more traditional grips.

Back