testtest

Red Dots and pistols. I have seen the light.

1634264846886.gif

A friend of mine prefers the red dot…..

I am cross eye dominant. I corrected it by shooting with both eyes open and cocking my head slightly. 25 yards I shoot as well with irons as I do with a dot.
I am the same way. Read an article that suggested that your range practice is correct. You should sight during practice with both eyes open. As the story goes, when you are in defense survival mode your fight or flight response mechanism won't allow you to close one eye.

I am the same way. Read an article that suggested that your range practice is correct. You should sight during practice with both eyes open. As the story goes, when you are in defense survival mode your fight or flight response mechanism won't allow you to close one eye.
I can tell you that after training yourself to shoot this way and continually shooting this way for some years of range practice and training, the inclination to close one eye is non existent. I had to remind myself it was ok and make a conscious effort to close my left eye with a scoped 30-06 a few weeks ago.

I can tell you that after training yourself to shoot this way and continually shooting this way for some years of range practice and training, the inclination to close one eye is non existent. I had to remind myself it was ok and make a conscious effort to close my left eye with a scoped 30-06 a few weeks ago.
its a little odd at first but I'm slowly getting used to it...

Back