testtest

Bore TECH Eliminator (cleaner) ..??

Old_Me

Ronin
ok, so another site that i belong to, someone there, said he got this stuff. i figured i'd give it a try, for the price of a 16 oz bottle, from Amazon, and got it the next day.

my observation(s) are this...

i have always used Hoppes 9 bore cleaner, and it does a good job. but even after i had "cleaned" the barrel, if i run another wet patch of Hoppes thru it again, it comes out black, i'm sure we all seen that.

well, a sort time ago, i tried using this Bore TECH cleaner. following the instructions, to the T, but i also still used the brass brush as well.

well, after several clean patches, they started coming out clean(er) than if i used Hoppes.

so, one more "experiment", and i ran a wet patch of Hoppes 9 thru the barrel.

it came out white....now that was unusual. in the past, the wet patch would come out black(end)

then a few dry patches, came out just as white.

then i always run a patch with "some" weapon shield, as always to protect the inside of the barrel, till i use the gun again.

i think that this Bore Tech Eliminator, cleans "deeper(??)"

i won't use this stuff for every cleaning, maybe once every xx cleanings.

reason being, i have like a 1/2 gallon of Hoppes 9 on the shelf...lol

well anyway, just a non scientific experiment, with (a new to me) bore cleaner.

I only use the Lucas Oil products anymore, Extreme Duty CLP, Oil and Bore cleaner, I don’t dwell on trying to get every little bit of fouling out, my good friend who passed away always went to far, his guns when cleaned had no fouling at all, looked like a new barrel. I’ve heard of this Bore Tech product awhile back, sounds like a good product.

I only use the Lucas Oil products anymore, Extreme Duty CLP, Oil and Bore cleaner, I don’t dwell on trying to get every little bit of fouling out, my good friend who passed away always went to far, his guns when cleaned had no fouling at all, looked like a new barrel. I’ve heard of this Bore Tech product awhile back, sounds like a good product.
yeah, i can get "anal" with my guns (not in a sexual way of course) ......but regarding cleaning/lubing them.

i do shoot reloaded ammo too. and i can tell you the dirtiness of it. (but you already know how dirty reloads can be).

if and i say IF i ever get into reloading myself, i'll be darned sure to use the better smokeless power, and FMJ over lead

yeah, i can get "anal" with my guns (not in a sexual way of course) ......but regarding cleaning/lubing them.

i do shoot reloaded ammo too. and i can tell you the dirtiness of it. (but you already know how dirty reloads can be).

if and i say IF i ever get into reloading myself, i'll be darned sure to use the better smokeless power, and FMJ over lead
I reloaded ammo years ago, for pistol I mostly used Bullseye and Win231, I found that Unique powder could be quite dirty depending on the load your making.

I reloaded ammo years ago, for pistol I mostly used Bullseye and Win231, I found that Unique powder could be quite dirty depending on the load your making.
Yep Unique is dirty even with FMJ, as I never used unjacketed lead.
The Bullseye I used and still use to this day. Powders have come a long way and today are much cleaner. The new CFE powders are a game changer for reloading.

Yep Unique is dirty even with FMJ, as I never used unjacketed lead.
The Bullseye I used and still use to this day. Powders have come a long way and today are much cleaner. The new CFE powders are a game changer for reloading.
this is why i pay attention to reloading threads.

doing one's "homework" in advance can pay off.

the only downside is what bullets are available at ordering time, lead or FMJ's....

Last edited:
No I am hook on that liberty line of cleaners remember I think I mentioned this before only buy from their website not the same stuff on eBay
I do remember that Liberty oil thread Jav.
I started using Ballistol wipes and those are fantastic too. Ordered a small bottle of it off Amazon, and turned out to come straight from Germany in a glass bottle. Box and bottle writing all in German. It gas the most interesting history of all the ‘gun oils’ and is the original CLP.
But Tetra remains my favorite line.

I started using Ballistol wipes and those are fantastic too. Ordered a small bottle of it off Amazon, and turned out to come straight from Germany in a glass bottle. Box and bottle writing all in German. It gas the most interesting history of all the ‘gun oils’ and is the original CLP.
that's the thing, a lot of very good lubes, and cleaners. but, we all have limited space to store them. and then too, we'd have a collection of that stuff, rather than a collection of ammo and guns!

that's the thing, a lot of very good lubes, and cleaners. but, we all have limited space to store them. and then too, we'd have a collection of that stuff, rather than a collection of ammo and guns!
Seems to me the last decade or so there has been a massive marketing campaign designed around the idea that we need a better way to clean firearms. Except that the way we have been doing it for 100 years works just fine.

Seems to me the last decade or so there has been a massive marketing campaign designed around the idea that we need a better way to clean firearms. Except that the way we have been doing it for 100 years works just fine.
you and many others, have been in this sport/hobby for years. i only started in Jan of 2020, so i pretty much have followed what others have used.

i think it's the real new shooters, that get the sales pitches into thier minds, that one gun, expensive to them, needs the "latest, greatest cleaner/lube".

my most expensive revolver, (Korth) get Hoppes 9, and the supplied Gibbs oil, till that runs out.

you and many others, have been in this sport/hobby for years. i only started in Jan of 2020, so i pretty much have followed what others have used.

i think it's the real new shooters, that get the sales pitches into thier minds, that one gun, expensive to them, needs the "latest, greatest cleaner/lube".

my most expensive revolver, (Korth) get Hoppes 9, and the supplied Gibbs oil, till that runs out.

I'm not suggesting that we all only use Hoppes and Nitro Solvent. I'm personally fond of CLP ( Break Free or Lucas), Weapon Shield oil ( I also use rem oil aerosol for dampening wipe rags). CLP on ARs and striker guns is definitely faster than the old way. Unless I have serious build up in the bore, in which case I generally use Seal 1 or Nitro Solvent, I generally just use CLP for everything then hit the 5-7 manufacturer recommended spots with a drop of oil.

Really my point is whatever you use is most likely going to work just fine.

I'm not suggesting that we all only use Hoppes and Nitro Solvent. I'm personally fond of CLP ( Break Free or Lucas), Weapon Shield oil ( I also use rem oil aerosol for dampening wipe rags). CLP on ARs and striker guns is definitely faster than the old way. Unless I have serious build up in the bore, in which case I generally use Seal 1 or Nitro Solvent, I generally just use CLP for everything then hit the 5-7 manufacturer recommended spots with a drop of oil.

Really my point is whatever you use is most likely going to work just fine.
i watched GunBlue 490??, and he said, he cannot understand how you wanna use a cleaner, and lube in one item, such as CLP. you either wanna clean, or lube, he says....

i kinda agree, i wanna clean, off all the old lube, clean the gun, THEN put fresh lube...

gotta go, be back in 1 hour

i watched GunBlue 490??, and he said, he cannot understand how you wanna use a cleaner, and lube in one item, such as CLP. you either wanna clean, or lube, he says....

i kinda agree, i wanna clean, off all the old lube, clean the gun, THEN put fresh lube...

gotta go, be back in 1 hour
I totally agree that CLP does both, but doesn't do either as well as dedicated cleaners and lubes. I just think there is a point of diminishing returns, specifically since I clean my guns every time I shoot them and wipe and lube them once a month or so whether I shoot them or not.

Where do you buy the ballistol wipes I like to get some thanks TidalWave

Back