testtest

Review: Crimson Trace Green Laserguard

I put a red one on my dad's .380 EZ. I like everything about it. The one thing missing in this article is the fact that whether red or green you will not be able to see the dot out past about 20 yards in most lighting conditions. In sun it's more like 10-15 feet max.

I put a red one on my dad's .380 EZ. I like everything about it. The one thing missing in this article is the fact that whether red or green you will not be able to see the dot out past about 20 yards in most lighting conditions. In sun it's more like 10-15 feet max.
Thanks for article Mike,
Once mounted on gun, the lasers ability to allow the shooter accurate aim in some off the hip or other scenarios is a good one. The side battery door concept is a good idea too. The two hour battery life could use improvement though.

Thanks for article Mike,
Once mounted on gun, the lasers ability to allow the shooter accurate aim in some off the hip or other scenarios is a good one. The side battery door concept is a good idea too. The two hour battery life could use improvement though.
CT gives you free batteries for life with the purchase. You gotta register for them and I think they give you a couple a year or something.

CT gives you free batteries for life with the purchase. You gotta register for them and I think they give you a couple a year or something.
Would be nice. - Had heard someone did that. Sounds okay, but? Even if a dozen batteries yearly is only 2 hours monthly. Seems a bit short if include training in that. - For some of those hard finding expensive batteries in some locations?

The external battery door is nice feature. - Sounds better than the Viridian's E Series take down battery replacement which looks very similar. The Viridian E series has simple on / off button in forward fingertip location, no pressure or momentary contact switch.

I’m not sure how much training most people are going to do with it considering it’s extremely difficult to see the laser outdoors. The way my pops trains with it is to zero it and then just use his irons like normal. An indoor, CQB situation, which is pretty much the only time it will be useful, the dot will automatically appear with the laser guard so……..

At any rate, the battery in his Laserguard is still going strong and whether he can see it or not it comes on every time he grips his pistol.

Back