testtest

Bore TECH Eliminator (cleaner) ..??

you and many others, have been in this sport/hobby for years. i only started in Jan of 2020, so i pretty much have followed what others have used.

i think it's the real new shooters, that get the sales pitches into thier minds, that one gun, expensive to them, needs the "latest, greatest cleaner/lube".

my most expensive revolver, (Korth) get Hoppes 9, and the supplied Gibbs oil, till that runs out.
I tend to agree, OM. Esp that 2nd paragraph… I started to get drawn in to the Breakthrough Clean Technology stuff, and see a bunch of ads for Shooter Lube (all show a sorta macho but yuppie-ish young guy with sculpted beard or whatever it’s called, coming home from ‘range day’ and rolling out his cleaning towel in what kinda looks like an expensive home, etc etc… modern take on Marlboro Man i guess. Just without the ‘man’… but I’m digressing…).
None of it’s really ‘new’ anyhow. A few additives and some coloring; some fancy packaging and you can re-purpose brake cleaner.
My biggest gripe? I simply cannot believe I ever paid out $$ for something called “frog lube”.

I tend to agree, OM. Esp that 2nd paragraph… I started to get drawn in to the Breakthrough Clean Technology stuff, and see a bunch of ads for Shooter Lube (all show a sorta macho but yuppie-ish young guy with sculpted beard or whatever it’s called, coming home from ‘range day’ and rolling out his cleaning towel in what kinda looks like an expensive home, etc etc… modern take on Marlboro Man i guess. Just without the ‘man’… but I’m digressing…).
None of it’s really ‘new’ anyhow. A few additives and some coloring; some fancy packaging and you can re-purpose brake cleaner.
My biggest gripe? I simply cannot believe I ever paid out $$ for something called “frog lube”.

A couple active duty marines I know use it and like it. They say it makes their guns way easier to clean.

I get that effect from Tetra, without all the ‘heat conditioning’ or whatever… but if it works, by all means use it !
I use Seal 1, but only in bores. It doesn't require any heat, but like the original FL you need to get all that shite off your moving parts. If you leave it wet it will gum up. I have to admit it does make the barrels easier to clean after you use it. Also I don't use it exclusively in the barrels. I am lazy and often resort to CLP for everything. But I clean my guns very regularly so...

that sculptured beard and Marlboro looking man, sounds like...

Back