testtest

Report: Biden Amassing Millions of Gun Owner Records in Preparation for Gun Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is scary if it’s true to form, this current administration will stop at nothing till they get what they want, socialization and gun confiscation.

So to clarify - from reading the article -
1 - this isn't anything Joe Biden has initiated; or something that is new under his administration.
2 - Any U.S. Presidents name could be used in the same article every year since 1968 - Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush; Clinton, Bush; Obama; Trump; Biden. (with different numbers not in their control)
3 - The only records being sent to the ATF are from gun stores that went out of business - as has been happening since congress passed the law in 1968.
4 - No president, administration (including Biden) or congress has set up a national gun registry or passed a law creating one.
5 - there is only fear of Biden setting up a registry - no actual evidence of his administration taking specific steps to do it. (ATF does not even have a congressionally confirmed director....even with a Democrat 51 vote majority.)

Should I be outraged at Biden for not doing anything new and NOT starting a national gun registry?
Should I be outraged at Congress (since 1968 - both parties have had control of both houses at times) for never repealing that 1968 law? (Or legislating a national gun registry?)

This article has probably been written in some form before (with different numbers) for every Democrat president we have had since Reagan. Has it ever been written in any form when a Republican was president? (Based on the law and facts, it could have been.)

I;m just weary of the fear mongering with gun control on the Federal Level. Presidents don't have near the power the 2A crowd estimates they have. We are a center-right country. Any time Congress goes just a little too far Right or Left, the American voters course correct. It will take a radical cultural change in this country for any significant gun law changes at the Federal level.

And the courts seem to be going in a more pro- 2A direction these days.

Call me crazy, but I think we may be ok.
I could be wrong - but the best predictor of future action behavior/actions is past behavior/actions.
If Sandy Hook did not move Congress to any federal gun control legislation, I just don't see it anytime in the near or farther future. (Local gun control is a different animal - but we always have the freedom to move to a more gun friendly state. I know - easy for me to say living in AZ.)

The technology and records exist for a national gun registry - I don't see it happening under this administration or anytime soon.

My thought - Buy your firearms from a solid, established dealer who has the least risk of going out of business. As long as they are in business, Biden or any U.S. president will not collect those purchase records.

Maybe we should work on the Republicans next time they have both houses of congress to overturn that 1968 law. Just a thought.

Last edited:
well, i hope none of this passes. to that point, maybe no matter how anyone feels about pro-gun organizations like NRA, GOA, and others, maybe membership should increase, in hopes of those organizations to actually go to battle for us..??

as individuals, we cannot do it alone, we need huge membership rolls that should have the clout to lobby for us.

My vote for the organization who is on top of it and most active for 2A: GOA.

A national firearms registry has been a reality for a very long time. Its called a background check / FFL sales records/audits by BATF/IRS/Homeland Insecurity and any other agency that wants/asks for it and if anyone believes only the records for defunct gun stores are available to the Feds then in my opinion that person is a fool.

As always, it's the records of law abiding citizens that are available and certainly not the criminal crowd.

What's really scary is folks who declare you can just trust the Government, all is well, no one is trying to restrict/document firearms activity. It's just ur imagination.

A national firearms registry has been a reality for a very long time. Its called a background check / FFL sales records/audits by BATF/IRS/Homeland Insecurity and any other agency that wants/asks for it and if anyone believes only the records for defunct gun stores are available to the Feds then in my opinion that person is a fool.

As always, it's the records of law abiding citizens that are available and certainly not the criminal crowd.

What's really scary is folks who declare you can just trust the Government, all is well, no one is trying to restrict/document firearms activity. It's just ur imagination.
i wonder how the snowflakes (anti-gun crowd) would feel if the government were to want to know how much money is in all their bank accounts, how much money is in thier retirement accounts, and how much they spend weekly for a cup of coffee, and a bagel. they should all have a government debt card that can be traced each and every time they use it,

i wonder how the snowflakes (anti-gun crowd) would feel if the government were to want to know how much money is in all their bank accounts, how much money is in thier retirement accounts, and how much they spend weekly for a cup of coffee, and a bagel. they should all have a government debt card that can be traced each and every time they use it,
I get ur drift Old, but the better option is for Government to butt out of everyones business/affairs.

1 - this isn't anything Joe Biden has initiated; or something that is new under his administration.
2 - Any U.S. Presidents name could be used in the same article every year since 1968 - Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush; Clinton, Bush; Obama; Trump; Biden. (with different numbers not in their control)
3 - The only records being sent to the ATF are from gun stores that went out of business - as has been happening since congress passed the law in 1968.
4 - No president, administration (including Biden) or congress has set up a national gun registry or passed a law creating one.
5 - there is only fear of Biden setting up a registry - no actual evidence of his administration taking specific steps to do it. (ATF does not even have a congressionally confirmed director....even with a Democrat 51 vote majority.)

Should I be outraged at Biden for not doing anything new and NOT starting a national gun registry?
Should I be outraged at Congress (since 1968 - both parties have had control of both houses at times) for never repealing that 1968 law? (Or legislating a national gun registry?)

This article has probably been written in some form before (with different numbers) for every Democrat president we have had since Reagan. Has it ever been written in any form when a Republican was president? (Based on the law and facts, it could have been.)

I;m just weary of the fear mongering with gun control on the Federal Level. Presidents don't have near the power the 2A crowd estimates they have. We are a center-right country. Any time Congress goes just a little too far Right or Left, the American voters course correct. It will take a radical cultural change in this country for any significant gun law changes at the Federal level.

I could be wrong - but the best predictor of future action behavior/actions is past behavior/actions.
If Sandy Hook did not move Congress to any federal gun control legislation, I just don't see it anytime in the near or farther future. (Local gun control is a different animal - but we always have the freedom to move to a more gun friendly state. I know - easy for me to say living in AZ.)

The technology and records exist for a national gun registry - I don't see it happening under this administration or anytime soon.

My thought - Buy your firearms from a solid, established dealer who has the least risk of going out of business. As long as they are in business, Biden or any U.S. president will not collect those purchase records.

Maybe we should work on the Republicans next time they have both houses of congress to overturn that 1968 law. Just a thought.

I understand your points that much of the framework and the administrative law was in place before Biden.

Having said that, he has been vocal during the campaign and since taking office (when he’s coherent) that he wants to take away guns and make them illegal. He has said that directly in interviews. So I don’t think it’s paranoia, when you also combine his statements with some of the legislation being filed by far left opponents of the 2A, and the nomination of Chipman (which thankfully failed), and his dictatorial, authoritarian policies in other areas, that this administration and Congress may be the most anti-2A ever.

I understand your points that much of the framework and the administrative law was in place before Biden.

Having said that, he has been vocal during the campaign and since taking office (when he’s coherent) that he wants to take away guns and make them illegal. He has said that directly in interviews. So I don’t think it’s paranoia, when you also combine his statements with some of the legislation being filed by far left opponents of the 2A, and the nomination of Chipman (which thankfully failed), and his dictatorial, authoritarian policies in other areas, that this administration and Congress may be the most anti-2A ever.
This 👆👆👆👆

Interestingly, I recently read an article that purported that a Democratic Congressman was introducing a bill that would identify through the AFT (I assume by reviewing 4473 BGC forms, etc.), any persons having large collections of purchased firearms. It went on to say, that this Congressman felt that anyone that had large numbers of firearms, potentially had to be up to no good, since he could see no other reason for one to own such a sizable arsenal. Using this reasoning, he felt the authorities (FBI, etc), needed to monitor these individuals to head off any potential domestic terrorist plots.
I joked with my buddy during a recent visit to his LGS, that I better install a doorbell, since at my age, it was difficult hearing those knocking on my door, and assumed I would most likely get a such a visit if this became law.
Yeah, kidding aside, I know this bill stands little chance of getting far, but knowing there are individuals in Congress that feel that these KGB like type tactics are prudent, should alarm most of us.

I think the key is rhetoric vs what politicians actually have the power and will to do.

Honestly - on the Federal level - rhetorically I compare the anti-gun Democrats to the Pro-Life Republicans - both talk and fund raise off the issues (because they know their base), however do very little to enact legislation.

A president has Executive Orders - but cannot enact legislation. He needs a congressional majority - 60 votes in the Senate, etc. Biden (or any president) is not king. No matter how hard Biden wants or believes guns should be taken away - he does not have that power. He has even said he can't based on the 2A (I think it was in the spring shortly after being elected.) and you said it - his Chipman nomination failed. I doubt a president who can't get his ATF nominee confirmed through the Senate has any chance of getting gun laws passed.

This may very well be the most anti-gun congress ever (I don't know, or know what the measure is). What I know is. it is split 50/50 in the Senate and Democrats barely control the House (They didn't even get all the house Democrats on board for Infrastructure. Do you think they could for guns?). Even if Congress was functional (which they aren't), they are not getting any gun legislation through this term. After the 2022 electives - if history is any indicator - the odds will be even less.

Congress folks are always putting in gun control bills....that go nowhere....way before Biden. Anything going through would have to have overwhelming bi-partisan support. That is so far from the political climate we are in. And it will not get better for any form of functional congress.....I cant see it it in my lifetime (I'm 57).\

And again - courts seem to be going in a pro gun culture/owner 2A direction.

Article is a couple years old, but......

Last edited:

Don't worry, its just another Republican Party conspiracy theory.

well, i hope none of this passes. to that point, maybe no matter how anyone feels about pro-gun organizations like NRA, GOA, and others, maybe membership should increase, in hopes of those organizations to actually go to battle for us..??

as individuals, we cannot do it alone, we need huge membership rolls that should have the clout to lobby for us.

Interestingly, I recently read an article that purported that a Democratic Congressman was introducing a bill that would identify through the AFT (I assume by reviewing 4473 BGC forms, etc.), any persons having large collections of purchased firearms. It went on to say, that this Congressman felt that anyone that had large numbers of firearms, potentially had to be up to no good, since he could see no other reason for one to own such a sizable arsenal. Using this reasoning, he felt the authorities (FBI, etc), needed to monitor these individuals to head off any potential domestic terrorist plots.
I joked with my buddy during a recent visit to his LGS, that I better install a doorbell, since at my age, it was difficult hearing those knocking on my door, and assumed I would most likely get a such a visit if this became law.
Yeah, kidding aside, I know this bill stands little chance of getting far, but knowing there are individuals in Congress that feel that these KGB like type tactics are prudent, should alarm most of us.
If you want KGB type tactics, come to Rutherford County, TN. Republican county and state governments have been employing those tactics for over a decade.

I think the key is rhetoric vs what politicians actually have the power and will to do.

Honestly - on the Federal level - rhetorically I compare the anti-gun Democrats to the Pro-Life Republicans - both talk and fund raise off the issues (because they know their base), however to very little to enact legislation.

A president has Executive Orders - but cannot enact legislation. He needs a congressional majority - 60 votes in the Senate, etc. Biden (or any president) is not king. No matter how hard Biden wants or believes guns should be taken away - he does not have that power. He has even said he can't based on the 2A (I think it was in the spring shortly after being elected.) and you said it - his Chipman nomination failed. I doubt a president who can't get his ATF nominee confirmed through the Senate has any change of getting gun laws passed.

This may very well be the most anti-gun congress ever (I don't know, or know what the measure is). What I know is. it is split 50/50 in the Senate and Democrats barely control the House (They didn't even get all the house Democrats on board for Infrastructure. Do you think they could for guns?). Even if Congress was functional (which they aren't), they are not getting any gun legislation through this term. After the 2022 electives - if history is any indicator - the odds will be even less.

Congress folks are always putting in gun control bills....that go nowhere....way before Biden. Anything going through would have have overwhelming bi-partisan support. That is so far from the political climate we are in. And it will not get better for any form of functional congress.....I cant see it it in my lifetime (I'm 57).\

And again - courts seem to be going in a pro gun culture/owner 2A direction.

Article is a couple years old, but......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back