testtest

Facts on cold weather vs your cell phon......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Here is some information about how the cold effects your cell.....

Turn It Off...Extremely cold air can wreck havoc on your phone. Your screen may become unresponsive and may even shut down, turning your device off to try to remedy this mitigates those problems.

Keep it Close....Use your body heat to keep your phone warm. Tuck it in a pocket in your pants or a coat.

Get a Weatherproof case.....These type of cases help protect your device even in extreme temperatures. Weatherproof doesn’t always mean waterproof, also try to find one that withstands snow and ice.

Wait to Charge....When lithium-ion batteries get cold, the chemical reactions that make the power that powers your cell slow down, even sapping the power. Allow your device to warm up some, maybe at least 30 minutes before you try to charge it.

I don't live in a cold climate (FLA) but thanks for the info. On a warmer note don't leave your cell on your dashboard in the summer either. Heat is the enemy also.
On one occasion, my iPhone actually put up a warning that it was overheating and was shutting down. I had been driving for hours and didn't realize that the sun was blasting through the windshield and cooking my phone. Fortunately, I grabbed it and put it near an AC vent for a while. It came back after about 30 minutes. Anyone else ever experience this?

On one occasion, my iPhone actually put up a warning that it was overheating and was shutting down. I had been driving for hours and didn't realize that the sun was blasting through the windshield and cooking my phone. Fortunately, I grabbed it and put it near an AC vent for a while. It came back after about 30 minutes. Anyone else ever experience this?
My youngest daughter has experienced over heating on both her iphone and laptop due to leaving them on her bed on top of her comforter. No airflow = overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back