testtest

introducing…. My Garrison

TidalWave

Professional
Well, I may be the first Forum owner - or at least first to post theirs - of Spgfld’s newest, the Garrison…
As some would’ve seen on another post last night, I bought it online after seeing in person at my LGS right at closing time.
Got off work shortly after noon today and made two stops: the LGS and the LPS about 150 meters down the same road.
What an afternoon - hoping tomorrow or Sun (after Church) will be range day.
Tried to get pics in sunlight in hopes they’ll show it off better. Not fully cleaned but has a once over with a Ballistol wipe (anybody else use those?).

I like wood grips with a faint reddish tinge but these are VERY nice slimlines and will not be replaced. I have bad luck with grips as I always seem to get an odd pattern or change in hue unless I get to inspect closely.

One thing that just might get changed are the Sights, even though I like what they did. Model like this would be terrific with a plain ledge/shelf u-notch rear and a classy gold bead front. Ed Brown or 10-8 Performance ?? (10-8 is better $-wise ). Anyone know if Spgfld custom shop offers that service?
Ball cut endmill would’ve rocked too.
But at $749… no complaints from me lol ! I’m seeing them for $800-950.
7C188478-ECEF-4A72-A8CC-6B169863AB7C.jpeg

Attachments

• 32016BDF-B253-4ACB-8BCD-11E142AAB165.jpeg
    32016BDF-B253-4ACB-8BCD-11E142AAB165.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 134
  • 4C7EE602-8C24-4082-B992-5F2EEC0E90E9.jpeg
    4C7EE602-8C24-4082-B992-5F2EEC0E90E9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
Well, I may be the first Forum owner - or at least first to post theirs - of Spgfld’s newest, the Garrison…
As some would’ve seen on another post last night, I bought it online after seeing in person at my LGS right at closing time.
Got off work shortly after noon today and made two stops: the LGS and the LPS about 150 meters down the same road.
Tried to get pics in sunlight in hopes they’ll show it off better. Not fully cleaned but has a once over with a Ballistol wipe (anybody else use those?).

I like wood grips with a faint reddish tinge but these are VERY nice slimlines and will not be replaced. I have bad luck with grips as I always seem to get an odd pattern or change in hue unless I get to inspect closely.

One thing that just might get changed are the Sights, even though I like what they did. Model like this would be terrific with a plain ledge/shelf u-notch rear and a classy gold bead front. Ed Brown or 10-8 Performance ?? (10-8 is better $-wise ). Anyone know if Spgfld custom shop offers that service?
View attachment 22266
Sorry, that sunlight idea was terrible. I’ll post more.
But turns out Ballistol flavored pizza ain’t too bad….
😃😇😉

View attachment 22266
That is one fine looking gun. Enjoy it!

View attachment 22266

Very, very nice TW, congrats!
See you got the celebratory pizza package with it. Bet you got sights on that too? :)

Very, very nice TW, congrats!
See you got the celebratory pizza package with it. Bet you got sights on that too? :)
U know Bob, as i think about it, that pizza box - LPS just down the road from the LGS and was my second stop going home - just might make a good target for the first few mags for break in purposes !!! Lol !

I cleaned her up last night and Wow on two things - tight slide to frame fit, and Very light crisp trigger - gotta be under 3.5 lbs.

Hope to see if I can hit a pizza box at 10 yds , this afternoon 😄

U know Bob, as i think about it, that pizza box - LPS just down the road from the LGS and was my second stop going home - just might make a good target for the first few mags for break in purposes !!! Lol !

I cleaned her up last night and Wow on two things - tight slide to frame fit, and Very light crisp trigger - gotta be under 3.5 lbs.

Hope to see if I can hit a pizza box at 10 yds , this afternoon 😄

Nice gun TW, sound like a good deal!
Hah, good luck on the Balistol topping, am thinking would usually pass. Can usually smell Balistol just when thinking about it. Smell's not bad, but not typically seen on local pizzerias topping list for some reason either? :)

Finally remembered why pizza, music and guns seems to go together in this direction. Likely yours too? Some of us used to shoot old worn out records while eating pizza when younger. Interestingly, some of the older DJ records had a metal core or platter under the grooved plastic. Older, brittle shellac records would shatter too. Was maybe an odd way to find out, but made good practice targets. - And, when we ran out of old worn out records, some of the poor old pizza boxes kindly fell being victim targets too. Bonfires and campfires usually fit in there someplace too. Usually very good times had by all but pizza boxes. They burnt well too. - Am thinking that pizza box there is fair game. Likely calling your name too? :)

No plastic trigger, and no front serrations.. I was planning to buy a Ronin, now im not sure. I like the Garrison, and about the same price.
Frank: just now seeing your post…
I’m at the range as I write this, and have fired a half box of S&B 230gr FMJ. Then broke it down for a cleaning and saw your post.

Had a F2F on this 2nd mag, and another later. One FTE.
I’m only firing at plates ( will do paper targets sometime soon, after I get a few mags thru and am comfortable with the break-in).

Initial impression: I love it…but…my Ronin is better. About the same grip feel, but Ronin has that FO front and these are lower on the slide, I think anyway. With my older eyes and a tinge of earrly arthritis, it may just be a bad day on my plate score. May also have something to do with the darker Ronin slide. Its cloudy and the Garrison is silver of course.
Trigger has turned out to be heavier than Ronin. But under 6lbs.

But that’s not anything wrong with Garrison. Just that so far, I’d rate Ronin superior…

(PS, I agree with the no front serrations, but either way the deep wide cuts on the Ronin are much better with my aging fingers than the GI serrations on Garrison).

More to follow over the holiday weekend…

Frank: just now seeing your post…
I’m at the range as I write this, and have fired a half box of S&B 230gr FMJ. Then broke it down for a cleaning and saw your post.

Had a F2F on this 2nd mag, and another later. One FTE.
I’m only firing at plates ( will do paper targets sometime soon, after I get a few mags thru and am comfortable with the break-in).

Initial impression: I love it…but…my Ronin is better. About the same grip feel, but Ronin has that FO front and these are lower on the slide, I think anyway. With my older eyes and a tinge of earrly arthritis, it may just be a bad day on my plate score. May also have something to do with the darker Ronin slide. Its cloudy and the Garrison is silver of course.
Trigger has turned out to be heavier than Ronin. But under 6lbs.

But that’s not anything wrong with Garrison. Just that so far, I’d rate Ronin superior…

(PS, I agree with the no front serrations, but either way the deep wide cuts on the Ronin are much better with my aging fingers than the GI serrations on Garrison).

More to follow over the holiday weekend…
Great update thanks

Back