testtest

Recycling Brass for Cash

A question about who if anyone picks up there spent Brass to recycle for cash, a new recycling place opened up near me and I’m wondering if it would be worth picking it up? If anyone has what kind of dollar amount did you get?
i turned in a few pounds of brass i was saving for when i reload.

i got back then (this past summer) $2.00 per pound. made off with like $120. that day, went to the LGS and bought all new ammo

i still sweep up my brass and others at the ranges i go to. now, i am "saving" my first fired brass again, for when i decide to reload. the rest (of all mixed calibers) go into my 5 gallon pail.

i do however, remove any steel and aluminum casings, as that is what the guy at the recycler does anyways, and that gives me a different weight, than if i left it in the pail.

this last time, about 4 months ago, i got $1.80 per pound.

it goes by current market value, so it will fluctuate.

if you want to save up the spent brass, just toss them into pails, (remove the steel and aluminum) and just let it build up.

As a younger I can remember walking a near-by rural road picking up soda bottles and turning them in at a local store for 2 cents apiece. I suspect that much of the brass you find at the range today is at least worth that much. There's always someone looking for brass to reload. The only brass I recycle is stuff that's not reloadable.

In a propane-fueled forge. Put the brass in a crucible with a little bit of borax to help filter out the impurities, scoop them off, and pour it into a Petrobond mold.
I'm going to recycle my brass and having something with more blast cast!
R.59693cf4b3079d2cc1993732e1774a59

At a local gun shop (years ago) they would sell reloaded ammo in plastic bags. The same shop would buy certain calibers of once fired brass off us. It must have been outlawed I guess, they don't seem to have any now and the brass is scrap.
I think they paid about a nickel apiece for them. It has to be difficult to make brass casings, extruded to perfect dimensions and shapes.. They should recycle the stuff.
It seems wasteful to scrap it by the pound.

At a local gun shop (years ago) they would sell reloaded ammo in plastic bags. The same shop would buy certain calibers of once fired brass off us. It must have been outlawed I guess, they don't seem to have any now and the brass is scrap.
I think they paid about a nickel apiece for them. It has to be difficult to make brass casings, extruded to perfect dimensions and shapes.. They should recycle the stuff.
It seems wasteful to scrap it by the pound.
Might not have had the permit to do so?

I figured it might have been liability issues. You may be right since we need a permit to crack a fart.
Speaking of farting? They? The Government that is is trying to put a $4,500/per head of cattle per year tax on methane expulsion. There is no way in hell any person that owns cattle could ever make anywhere near that amount of money per head to pay for that!

Speaking of farting? They? The Government that is is trying to put a $4,500/per head of cattle per year tax on methane expulsion. There is no way in hell any person that owns cattle could ever make anywhere near that amount of money per head to pay for that!
then the gooberment ought to build huge bio-domes for each farmer, and then suck up the gas and resell it to the town to run the power plants..???

That's false. Show me where it says that.
I work with the Illinois farm bureau and that is not came up in any of our government stuff

That's false. Show me where it says that.
I work with the Illinois farm bureau and that is not came up in any of our government stuff
"A spokeswoman for Mullin said Republicans on that committee tried for an amendment to ensure cattle operations would not be subject to the requirements; the effort was defeated as moot based on the current language of the bill.

But does the proposal actually equate to a methane tax on the cattle industry?
Those reading Mullin’s now-widely shared commentary could interpret it that way, but the congressman’s spokeswoman said Tuesday in an email to Tulsa World: “This is what could happen if the methane fee were applied to agriculture. Right now the text of the bill only specifies the oil and gas industry.”

Back