testtest

Does anyone else try

One of the things I liked best when I left law enforcement was not being required to open carry any longer.

It is the most dangerous carry option — while you’re going about your day, going where that day takes you, any time some idiot decides to rob a business you are patronizing, the first thing he does when he walks in is look for a gun.
And not uncommonly, eliminates that threat immediately.

While you’re still trying to decide which bag of chips to get.

The level of diligence concerning who is doing what around you required to open carry safely is exhausting.
And open carry can provoke gunfire where there would otherwise be none.

Open carry in an urban environment when there is no rioting or other reason to expect a probability —not possibility— of deadly threat isn’t unwise only for that reason.

It also lets every thief in the neighborhood know whose house to rob to get the gun he can’t buy.

The most important weapon you possess is in the top of your head.

One of the things I liked best when I left law enforcement was not being required to open carry any longer.

It is the most dangerous carry option — while you’re going about your day, going where that day takes you, any time some idiot decides to rob a business you are patronizing, the first thing he does when he walks in is look for a gun.
And not uncommonly, eliminates that threat immediately.

While you’re still trying to decide which bag of chips to get.

The level of diligence concerning who is doing what around you required to open carry safely is exhausting.
And open carry can provoke gunfire where there would otherwise be none.

Open carry in an urban environment when there is no rioting or other reason to expect a probability —not possibility— of deadly threat isn’t unwise only for that reason.

It also lets every thief in the neighborhood know whose house to rob to get the gun he can’t buy.

The most important weapon you possess is in the top of your head.
I just don't see/hear documented cases in your example,
And how many perps move on and select a softer target when they see the presence of a firearm that may have a round for them?

And how many perps move on and select a softer target when they see the presence of a firearm that may have a round for them?

At a minimum there is no doubt in a situation as described above, the bad guy is definitely going to be giving his first thoughts to the guy he sees with the gun on his hip. Bad guy is not going to be broadcasting that he is armed right? He will have his gun concealed. So no way around it, if you are open carrying he knows you are armed before you even have a clue there is a bad guy present.

Then you aren’t paying attention.

Open Carry Gun Stolen Off Carrier’s Hip, And Prevention Tips

Chatty Smoker Steals Gun From Open-Carry Guy

Man wearing handgun open carry robbed in Newport News, police say

Non-Concealed Carry Gun Stolen in Wal-Mart Bathroom – Because it Wasn’t Concealed

Whitehall: Man loses gun, lottery tickets in scuffle outside store

Unarmed man attempts to rob EMU student of holstered gun

Man attempts to shoot man at Fairmont convenience store

Gun Control Supporter Steals Concealed Carrier’s Gun, Shoots Him

61-year-old man shoots teenager trying to steal his gun on Detroit’s west side

Open Carrier Shot At By Passing Vehicle, Returns Fire

This is Why You MUST Have Retention on an Open Carry Firearm

This Concealed Carrier In Texas Got Robbed Of His Gun By The World’s Dumbest Criminal

Open-Carrying Firearms Instructor Attacked; Kills Assailant

Teen homicide suspects have criminal histories

Retired Officer Killed in Armed Robbery

Stolen gun at Walmart causes panic

Caught on Cam: Customer Fights Off Robber Inside Deli, Shot Fired

Gresham man robbed of pistol at gunpoint while exercising ‘open carry’ right

That’s only a partial list…unfortunately, I couldn’t get the links to copy, so…this is the article all of those examples came from…even more there.

Non-Concealed Carry Gun Stolen in Wal-Mart Bathroom – Because it Wasn’t Concealed

This Concealed Carrier In Texas Got Robbed Of His Gun By The World’s Dumbest Criminal

That’s only a partial list…unfortunately, I couldn’t get the links to copy, so…this is the article all of those examples came from…even more there.

II
I don't pay attention to a lot of things Hans.
How many open carry LE shot while selecting chips?
The list indicates a need for packers, open or concealed, to improve awareness/retain their weapon.
Now, where is the list of how many times a perp observed an open or concealed carry and then did not do the deed??

I don't pay attention to a lot of things Hans.
How many open carry LE shot while selecting chips?
The list indicates a need for packers, open or concealed, to improve awareness/retain their weapon.
Now, where is the list of how many times a perp observed an open or concealed carry and then did not do the deed??
That’s on you to provide that list.

I don’t need to try and provide evidence to back up your point—you do.

I think concealed is better, but have no issue with open carry if that is your preference. Please just be sure someone doesn’t lift your gun when you have your hands full of chips and a “Big Gulp,” and wind up shooting me!

Love the article title. I can't see myself open carrying for any reason in my current lifestyle.

I certainly do conceal most of the time but in some areas I do open carry mostly as rebellious symbolism.
I understand your point, and might do such a thing myself but the larger point is how some, even in the 2A community, would/might relate to a Constitutional Right and Lawful practice as "rebellious symbolism"? Even as we bear arms, has a sliver of something from the Progressive/Anti/Liberal Left entered our head suggesting rebellion/impropriety at doing so? Or even that a majority in our (2A) Community opt for CC is a peer pressure to conform? Caution. Encroachment is insidious.

I understand your point, and might do such a thing myself but the larger point is how some, even in the 2A community, would/might relate to a Constitutional Right and Lawful practice as "rebellious symbolism"? Even as we bear arms, has a sliver of something from the Progressive/Anti/Liberal Left entered our head suggesting rebellion/impropriety at doing so? Or even that a majority in our (2A) Community opt for CC is a peer pressure to conform? Caution. Encroachment is insidious.
I agree with that, but you have to remember that I would say the majority of us alive today never really enjoyed full utilization of 2A rights or even just to the point we do right now. In my state ( arguably the most gun friendly state in the nation) we weren't allowed to carry or even have a gun in a vehicle without locking the ammo up in a separate spot until the early 2000s. I have a misdemeanor on my record that haunts me to this day because I was caught with my own pistol in my glovebox. And not only that, I ended up doing 30 days in jail, 2 years probation and they took my gun. To buy a handgun you used to have to first go to the sheriff's office, fill out an application for a permit to buy a handgun, pay $10 then wait 10 days, go back up and get your permit, THEN you could go to the store and buy your gun.

My point is that the way it is today seems like full autonomy with regards to 2A rights even though in reality it is far from it.

How often now do you see firearms in a gun rack in the rear window of a PU truck? Used to be a common sight that few gave a thought too. In my HS one day what I now recognize as a Left falling teacher type mentioned some disapproval of firearms. The next recess you should have witnessed the many PU's drifting out of the parking lot! Perhaps I paid no attention or cared less about the laws but my whole life I have done as I pleased with bearing firearms w/o issues. That penalty for a handgun in the glove box is outrageous; the LE officer and everyone else associated with the travesty should be tied on their horse backwards in their underwear and ran out of town.

How often now do you see firearms in a gun rack in the rear window of a PU truck? Used to be a common sight that few gave a thought too. In my HS one day what I now recognize as a Left falling teacher type mentioned some disapproval of firearms. The next recess you should have witnessed the many PU's drifting out of the parking lot! Perhaps I paid no attention or cared less about the laws but my whole life I have done as I pleased with bearing firearms w/o issues. That penalty for a handgun in the glove box is outrageous; the LE officer and everyone else associated with the travesty should be tied on their horse backwards in their underwear and ran out of town.
I think that depends on where you live…rarely did you see gun racks in trucks when I grew up, and I was as rural as rural gets.

And as far the handgun? The law is the law. The cop only enforces what the legislature writes. He was doing his job, and doing it correctly…and you think he should be punished?

I think that depends on where you live…rarely did you see gun racks in trucks when I grew up, and I was as rural as rural gets.

And as far the handgun? The law is the law. The cop only enforces what the legislature writes. He was doing his job, and doing it correctly…and you think he should be punished?
I think LE have the latitude to use good judgement on charges or not.

It's the God thing that's bothering you Hans................

Back