testtest

Ruger pc carbine 9 mm

So I stopped by my LGS today to pick-up some more Black Rifle coffee for my morning flavor rotation and a PC Carbine got added to my order somehow lol.

I was talking with 1 of the 5 sales guys behind the counter about just wanting to peek at the one they had in stock and hold it. Really, that's all I was gonna do but he couldn't find it. Another sales guy asked what we were looking for and told us a 3rd sales guy sold it about an hour earlier. The 4th sales guy overheard us and asked me, "you really want one, we got one!" He said the 5th sales guy just took one in on trade 10 minutes earlier, never been fired and never been out of the bag it was shipped in inside the box until they took it out to inspect it.

One look at it ... and the low used price they quoted, and it fell right on top my coffee order lol.

See what you guys made me do? Now I have to go have shooting fun with a cool new rifle.
Good for you buddy

So I stopped by my LGS today to pick-up some more Black Rifle coffee for my morning flavor rotation and a PC Carbine got added to my order somehow lol.

I was talking with 1 of the 5 sales guys behind the counter about just wanting to peek at the one they had in stock and hold it. Really, that's all I was gonna do but he couldn't find it. Another sales guy asked what we were looking for and told us a 3rd sales guy sold it about an hour earlier. The 4th sales guy overheard us and asked me, "you really want one, we got one!" He said the 5th sales guy just took one in on trade 10 minutes earlier, never been fired and never been out of the bag it was shipped in inside the box until they took it out to inspect it.

One look at it ... and the low used price they quoted, and it fell right on top my coffee order lol.

See what you guys made me do? Now I have to go have shooting fun with a cool new rifle.
Awesome and I think you're going to really enjoy it!

What's your magazine preferences for your PC Carbine? Any particular magazine work better than the rest? Are they pretty much the same except for round count?
I switched mine to take the Glock mags. Larger capacities and can be used in my other Glocks. I even have a drum magazine that I could run, as it fits into the Glock mag housing Adapter that came with my Ruger PC Carbine. The Ruger adapter was pre-installed on the carbine when I bought it, so I just had to swap the Glock one in.

Last edited:
I switched mine to take the Glock mags. Larger capacities and can be used in my other Glocks. I even have a drum magazine that I could run, as it fits into the Glock mag housing Adapter that came with my Ruger PC Carbine. The Ruger adapter was pre-installed on the carbine when I bought it, so I just had to swap the Glock one in.
I believe it's standard practice for the Ruger mag well to be installed from the factory. The sales guy asked if i wanted the mag well changed out to the Glock mag well before I left the store, I opted not to yet. I'll shoot it with the single Ruger mag for now. Don't want to shock everyone here but I don't have any Glocks at home, so no Glock mags either lol.

What's your magazine preferences for your PC Carbine? Any particular magazine work better than the rest? Are they pretty much the same except for round count?
Factory Glock mags will be the most reliable in the long term because of the steel reinforcement and steel feed lips and these are the mags I have most of for the PC Carbine but I do have a few cheaper Amend2 mags that I picked up from Primary Arms for about $11.00 a piece that have worked without issue with hundreds of rounds through them.

The Glock insert is very easy to install in the PC Carbine by loosening the stock screws and pulling out the receiver from the top of the stock. Do not fully remove the stock screws as this is stated in the owners manual.

I believe it's standard practice for the Ruger mag well to be installed from the factory. The sales guy asked if i wanted the mag well changed out to the Glock mag well before I left the store, I opted not to yet. I'll shoot it with the single Ruger mag for now. Don't want to shock everyone here but I don't have any Glocks at home, so no Glock mags either lol.
Don't want to shock everyone here but I don't have any Glocks at home, so no Glock mags either lol.

Who are you, @KillerFord1977?. Don’t let @Annihilator or @TEXASforLIFE know you don’t have any Glocks 😆😆.
Just kidding Bear, using the Ruger mag is fine, I don’t own any Ruger pistols that take those type mags, so I switched over to the Glock adapter. I have other PCCs that also take Glock mags, so it was a logical choice. Have fun and enjoy your PC Carbine, it was/is a good choice 👍

Don't want to shock everyone here but I don't have any Glocks at home, so no Glock mags either lol.

Who are you, @KillerFord1977?. Don’t let @Annihilator or @TEXASforLIFE know you don’t have any Glocks 😆😆.
Just kidding Bear, using the Ruger mag is fine, I don’t own any Ruger pistols that take those type mags, so I switched over to the Glock adapter. I have other PCCs that also take Glock mags, so it was a logical choice. Have fun and enjoy your PC Carbine, it was/is a good choice 👍
@BET7 is right the Ruger mags do work fine though they typically cost a lot more than the Glock mags. You can stock up on Glock pmags for a fraction of the cost of the Ruger mags.

Here's a link to the Amend2 mags I mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm just snooping around Glock mags now. I see the Amend2 above which is a huge price break from Glock 33 round mags and seems to have a fair review. I also notice 2 different part numbers for the Glock mags, MF17133 and MF17033. Curious what the difference is?

I'm just snooping around Glock mags now. I see the Amend2 above which is a huge price break from Glock 33 round mags and seems to have a fair review. I also notice 2 different part numbers for the Glock mags, MF17133 and MF17033. Curious what the difference is?
Those numbers seem to be retail vs bulk packaging.

The Amend2 extended mags are perfect for the range especially for the short money you can get them for on sale. The Glock mags will give you more long term reliability and are built to take a lot more abuse if you're using them for competition shooting or any other activities that they maybe exposed to rough handling or dropping.

27 round Magpul Pmags maybe the best option next to factory Glock mags for an extended mag option on terms of reliability and durability.

I don't particularly like the ETS mags as I've experienced different tolerances between them in terms of dropping free when released as some do and some I've needed to pullout.

Last edited:
Skipped by the ETS mags today and bought the Glock mags. Bought a 17 round and a 33 round, nice even box of ammo number to start with. The 33 round mag let me know I need to buy a loader now ... ouch, ugh, grrr ... but I finally got number 33 in there lol. I'm ready to go shooting now as soon as my Pop Pop duties are over.

Skipped by the ETS mags today and bought the Glock mags. Bought a 17 round and a 33 round, nice even box of ammo number to start with. The 33 round mag let me know I need to buy a loader now ... ouch, ugh, grrr ... but I finally got number 33 in there lol. I'm ready to go shooting now as soon as my Pop Pop duties are over.
Yup Bear, loading those hi-cap mags is why I have the Maglula UpLula mag loader (9mm-45). I even bought them for my Sig MPXs, CZ Scorpions and HK SP5. Saves the wear on my thumb for sure.

You can't go wrong with factory Glock mags and they also hold some value over time compared to the budget brands.

Back