testtest

Estate Sale

cico7

Custom
I have a bunch of ammo from an estate I am trying to value. Once I figure out what is is worth I will try to sell.
The material belongs to a friend of mine so I am trying to help him out. There are several items I am asking help.
Cast 9mm bullets- roughly 100 rounds. Any idea how to value it?
Sierra 270 150 gr .277 Spitzer

Speer 150 gr s.jpgSMK.jpg

32 Automatic 77gr
UMC 32s.jpg

12 ga
Slugger s.jpg

I am not looking for bids or offers, just what do you think I could sell this.
It isn't new ammo, it isn't used either.. just old.

I have a bunch of ammo from an estate I am trying to value. Once I figure out what is is worth I will try to sell.
The material belongs to a friend of mine so I am trying to help him out. There are several items I am asking help.
Cast 9mm bullets- roughly 100 rounds. Any idea how to value it?
Sierra 270 150 gr .277 Spitzer

View attachment 23107View attachment 23106

32 Automatic 77gr
View attachment 23109

12 ga
View attachment 23111

I am not looking for bids or offers, just what do you think I could sell this.
It isn't new ammo, it isn't used either.. just old.
It's tough to value previously consumer purchased ammo as some people maybe hesitant to spend a lot on it not know how it's been stored.

You're local LGS may offer a consignment option and they would most likely know the best price it will move for locally. If you decide to look into the consignment option you should ask what percent the LGS takes from the sale. Some stores offer 100% back to you in the form of in-store credit or they may take 25% or higher for a cash out option.

Besides the most common calibers such as 9mm, 45acp, 5.56, .308.....etc. there may not be a high demand for hunting calibers or uncommon pistol rounds in some areas.

It's tough to value previously consumer purchased ammo as some people maybe hesitant to spend a lot on it not know how it's been stored.

You're local LGS may offer a consignment option and they would most likely know the best price it will move for locally. If you decide to look into the consignment option you should ask what percent the LGS takes from the sale. Some stores offer 100% back to you in the form of in-store credit or they may take 25% or higher for a cash out option.

Besides the most common calibers such as 9mm, 45acp, 5.56, .308.....etc. there may not be a high demand for hunting calibers or uncommon pistol rounds in some areas.
could he help his cause, if he opened up the boxes and took pictures of the ammo?

Based on what these would cost you today, does it really matter if you have a couple duds especially if you plan to shoot these at the range for target practice.
I say when they do the sale put them out listed as best offer and say no until your offered what you think there worth.

I’m really surprised hearing about an LGS taking old ammunition in on consignment due to the liability of one round causing a catastrophic failure. Now I will say that percentage is probably very low but for me I wouldn’t take the chance.
My opinion.

I say when they do the sale put them out listed as best offer and say no until your offered what you think there worth.

I’m really surprised hearing about an LGS taking old ammunition in on consignment due to the liability of one round causing a catastrophic failure. Now I will say that percentage is probably very low but for me I wouldn’t take the chance.
My opinion.
I've seen consignment ammo at a few stores up here in NH. Maybe the liability laws are different here

My opinion.
Yea, none of my shops will take or sell any customers ammo… was told there not allowed to

Is hard saying on valuation. There's lot's of variables and depends on the person and place too. As an aside, some people purposely collect old ammo and the boxes as a hobby too. But, likely not too many out of the many that shoot. Good or not, some of the ammo may be reloaded or partial boxes? I've gotten some consignment ammo fairly recently at a LGS at good prices too. No issues. On valuation, if want to move it quick, sell low. Look at current prices of comparable ammo, compare and mark it 1/2 of that is just an idea. Older ammo is still older ammo to many people. How it was stored and looks is important.

I have heard this before but I think its more about don't want to. I know of a local gun shop thar would estate lots .. A pawn shop too. But I don't want to short my friend.

Ditto, is very understandable on friendship.
Consignment may be the best option if available there? An LGS may help you set a fair price too if they're able, even if not able to sell ammo for you? They also likely know more about the local buyers in the area too of what sells and what doesn't? Am thinking some online places sell or consign ammo too. But, know nothing of that or what's required. Good luck to you and your friend.

Back