testtest

Self-Defense and the Law: Tactical & Legal, Part 1

the lawyer pretty much said what i have been told previously and others debate it, keep your gun stock, as it may be used against you in court. it just has to function. it doesn't need all sorts of gizmos. (ie trigger jobs)

Only LE can Kill another human and rarely be charged or face penalties "because I felt threatened".......................

the lawyer pretty much said what i have been told previously and others debate it, keep your gun stock, as it may be used against you in court. it just has to function. it doesn't need all sorts of gizmos. (ie trigger jobs)
Exactly and the prime reason I don’t change out anything on any of my firearms when it comes to internal parts.

I wonder how many millions of Shields, Glocks and other plastic guns have Apex trigger kits in them. And every 1911 on the planet nearly has had trigger work done to them.

I wonder how many millions of Shields, Glocks and other plastic guns have Apex trigger kits in them. And every 1911 on the planet nearly has had trigger work done to them.
i'd not know, no more than you or anyone else.

if the prosecutor wanted to really be a RIchard Cranium, he certainly can have an expert dissect the firearm and report his findings.

i'd just not want to be on trial on the DA's game day.

i'd not know, no more than you or anyone else.

if the prosecutor wanted to really be a RIchard Cranium, he certainly can have an expert dissect the firearm and report his findings.

i'd just not want to be on trial on the DA's game day.
As I do every time this is brought up here ( which is about 30 times now) I ask you to provide one example of it ever happening. Even in one of the "Republik" states, much less a free one.

As I do every time this is brought up here ( which is about 30 times now) I ask you to provide one example of it ever happening. Even in one of the "Republik" states, much less a free one.
i am basing what i say, from what the lawyer said in that video.

personally,i don't have to prove anything. since i am not fabricating stories, only repeating what the "experts" are saying

i am basing what i say, from what the lawyer said in that video.

personally,i don't have to prove anything. since i am not fabricating stories, only repeating what the "experts" are saying

It's like saying never let your kids sleep out in the forest or gypsies will come and steal them. It COULD happen, but it really never has.

I'm not asking anyone to prove anything, but you should understand that propagating the myth serves no real purpose other than giving guys on gun forums something to argue about and convincing people to trust their lives to guns with triggers they "Settled" for. ( For the record, I carry guns that came stock with triggers I am comfortable, quick and accurate with so.... No dog in the fight) You can trot out lawyers and Masaad Ayoob and everyone else who makes such claims, yet it remains true that none of them can actually provide examples of it.

You don't need to aim a shotgun, there's no point in carrying an extra magazine, 9mm is underpowered for a SD round, .380 is useless as a SD round, you can win a knife fight. I give them all about the same odds of actually being true.

It's like saying never let your kids sleep out in the forest or gypsies will come and steal them. It COULD happen, but it really never has.

I'm not asking anyone to prove anything, but you should understand that propagating the myth serves no real purpose other than giving guys on gun forums something to argue about and convincing people to trust their lives to guns with triggers they "Settled" for. ( For the record, I carry guns that came stock with triggers I am comfortable, quick and accurate with so.... No dog in the fight) You can trot out lawyers and Masaad Ayoob and everyone else who makes such claims, yet it remains true that none of them can actually provide examples of it.

You don't need to aim a shotgun, there's no point in carrying an extra magazine, 9mm is underpowered for a SD round, .380 is useless as a SD round, you can win a knife fight. I give them all about the same odds of actually being true.
Excellent points!

The only way I can see a modified trigger being used against you in court for a shooting incident is if the trigger was set off accidentally resulting in an injury or death as a result of that modified trigger

In a justified self defense shooting the type of trigger shouldn't have any bearing on the case nor should any other accessories on your firearm.

Excellent points!

The only way I can see a modified trigger being used against you in court for a shooting incident is if the trigger was set off accidentally resulting in an injury or death as a result of that modified trigger

In a justified self defense shooting the type of trigger shouldn't have any bearing on the case nor should any other accessories on your firearm.
I'd like to hear of an example of a prosecutor even taking the gun to have the trigger pull or any other specs checked.

I'd like to hear of an example of a prosecutor even taking the gun to have the trigger pull or any other specs checked.

It maybe a little like opening up Pandora's box of monsters in a few ways and give some others different ideas when thought about once issue's put into court documents? W/o going into detail, it could fly all over the place. - Court's generally rely on past examples of many things to reach verdicts and it may possibly put some thoughts to rest too?

Back