testtest

I would just shoot him...

SimonRL

Hellcat
I was surfing the internet on my day off - as you do - and came across the Hard to Hurt series of videos. I thought the video linked below was very interesting because I know most of us train for the inevitable and probably think we can take business if we need to, but when you see fit trained guys going it at it and struggling in a CCW situation it certainly gives you pause for thought.

It will happen way faster than you ever imagined it would and be chaos.

Oh 💩💩💩💩… is your first reaction when an “aggressor” comes at you and you need to draw your weapon

“Just shoot him” is not as easy … as they point out in the video.

926BEC88-A39E-4BEF-9E39-CDF165587FD8.jpeg

That's for damn sure. All someone would have to do is give me a good shot in either of my surgically "repaired" shoulders and I'd pretty much be done...lol
I hear ya, brother. I've had surgeries on both shoulders, and 6 knee surgeries. Now my back is acting up. That's why I'm trying to exercise, eat healthier, and reduce my weight. It's a daily battle, but I want to be able to fight back in the event I'm not able avoid a confrontation. I refuse to be a victim!

Not so easy standing in line at a sporting event, or grocery shopping or any other public gathering .
Well, I don't really do public gatherings or sporting events because I really, REALLY disdain groups of people, but when I am in those situations I make it a point to be FULLY aware of anyone within 15-20 seconds of me. It may be not be easy to do, but it would be much harder for someone to catch me off guard in a situation like that.

Oh, I also don't grocery shop.

Well, I don't really do public gatherings or sporting events because I really, REALLY disdain groups of people, but when I am in those situations I make it a point to be FULLY aware of anyone within 15-20 seconds of me. It may be not be easy to do, but it would be much harder for someone to catch me off guard in a situation like that.

Oh, I also don't grocery shop.
1642214801020.gif

It makes it all the more important to NEVER let anyone you don't know and trust get anywhere near you.
Yeah but thats not very realistic. Sounds good though.

A person can "try" to control their personal space and every effort is better than NO effort but lets be serious. 99.9% of the people who may violate your personal airspace are benign and mean no harm. If you go around acting like some hyper-commando while in active public spaces, you will likely find yourself in some unpleasant entanglements. Using the word NEVER and ANYONE is simply not realistic in my estimation. I agree with the spirit of what you said, just not how you said it.

Yeah but thats not very realistic. Sounds good though.

A person can "try" to control their personal space and every effort is better than NO effort but lets be serious. 99.9% of the people who may violate your personal airspace are benign and mean no harm. If you go around acting like some hyper-commando while in active public spaces, you will likely find yourself in some unpleasant entanglements. Using the word NEVER and ANYONE is simply not realistic in my estimation. I agree with the spirit of what you said, just not how you said it.
No one said anything about acting like a commando. And I am very successful at keeping people I don't know far enough away from me without coming off as paranoid or a jerk. And I was adept at it long before the scamdemic made it "Cool". Can you do it 100% of the time, I guess not, but I will tell you this, it's key to severely minimize putting yourself in a position where people are around you to begin with.

I’m sure most of us keep our situational awareness really high, but I know many people, including myself, let it slip even when an issue is looking you in the face. I had a lightbulb go on when I saw this video because I have seen family members and friends Put themselves in harm’s way despite obvious red flags. BTW, I just discovered these guys the other day. I’m not a fanboi but their videos resonated with me.

I’m in the same boat. A big hit in my lower back and my mobility would rapidly go to crap. I am firmly in the keep your SA as high as possible and get the hell out of dodge before something can happen.
Absolutely correct. I fell down 15 stairs about four years ago and damaged pretty much everything. Luckily I was unconscious for the final few stairs as the back of my head came down on one of the stairs knocking me completely out. Concussion, scapular tendon torn in right shoulder, scapular tendon torn in left shoulder. All four rotator cuff tendons torn in right shoulder, two torn, two damaged in left. Snapped clavicle on left shoulder, meniscus tears in both knees, left knee cap cracked. Slight brain bleed. Labrum cartilage tears in both shoulders also. I've paid the shoulder surgeon's house off a couple of times with my insurance claims I'm sure. Very limited mobility with my shoulders no matter how hard I try to exercise them. All this caused by trying to move my, then fiance now wife, from her two story townhouse into my house. ER Doc said she'd seen people die from falling a quarter of the distance I fell...lol. According to my wife, I'm too 1)Stubborn, 2)Bull headed, and 3)Hard headed to die...lol I feel those injuries every day though, at last exam on my shoulders, doc said I already have advancing Rheumatoid Arthritis in both shoulders and it's going to get worse....YIPPEE!!!!! So, my street fighting skills are suspect at best, and by at best, I mean I can't really fight at all, but I can keep honing my shooting skills as long as I can still grip a handgun....lol

Absolutely correct. I fell down 15 stairs about four years ago and damaged pretty much everything. Luckily I was unconscious for the final few stairs as the back of my head came down on one of the stairs knocking me completely out. Concussion, scapular tendon torn in right shoulder, scapular tendon torn in left shoulder. All four rotator cuff tendons torn in right shoulder, two torn, two damaged in left. Snapped clavicle on left shoulder, meniscus tears in both knees, left knee cap cracked. Slight brain bleed. Labrum cartilage tears in both shoulders also. I've paid the shoulder surgeon's house off a couple of times with my insurance claims I'm sure. Very limited mobility with my shoulders no matter how hard I try to exercise them. All this caused by trying to move my, then fiance now wife, from her two story townhouse into my house. ER Doc said she'd seen people die from falling a quarter of the distance I fell...lol. According to my wife, I'm too 1)Stubborn, 2)Bull headed, and 3)Hard headed to die...lol I feel those injuries every day though, at last exam on my shoulders, doc said I already have advancing Rheumatoid Arthritis in both shoulders and it's going to get worse....YIPPEE!!!!! So, my street fighting skills are suspect at best, and by at best, I mean I can't really fight at all, but I can keep honing my shooting skills as long as I can still grip a handgun....lol
Dang!

No one said anything about acting like a commando. And I am very successful at keeping people I don't know far enough away from me without coming off as paranoid or a jerk. And I was adept at it long before the scamdemic made it "Cool". Can you do it 100% of the time, I guess not, but I will tell you this, it's key to severely minimize putting yourself in a position where people are around you to begin with.

.. good luck with all that.

THAT is exactly why I hired movers the last two times I moved, good luck with all that.

Back