testtest

LGS manager says…hold off on SA-35

neil0311

Master Class
Went into my LGS today, a retail outlet that stocks and sells many Springfield Armory products, and the manager told me point blank not to buy the SA-35 due to extractor issues.

He said they’ve had 50 units on back order and only actually received 2 units since release. But it surprised me that a manager of a store where a large part of their business is SA branded products would tell me straight out that there are issues and not to buy the SA-35 until they’re ironed out.

the manager most likely does not want unhappy, go someplace else customers.

i think he is doing people a favor, and since only 2 have actually arrived, he might be thanking God.

i don't see/feel he is trying to push anything else, not that it does not happen.

i think he just doesn't want unhappy customers going back and biotching about the gun to him..???

Only reason I asked that was I have only seen a few references to the extractor issue with the SA-35, I don’t think it’s a mass problem with it, and thought since he couldn’t get more of them in to sell, he used the excuse of the extractor issue to cover that he couldn’t get more in, this extractor issue can’t be as bad as when Kimber copied Glocks external extractor for there 1911’s several years ago which was a big failure for Kimber and they went back the the internal extractor like it should have been

the manager most likely does not want unhappy, go someplace else customers.

i think he is doing people a favor, and since only 2 have actually arrived, he might be thanking God.

i don't see/feel he is trying to push anything else, not that it does not happen.

i think he just doesn't want unhappy customers going back and biotching about the gun to him..???
Then he has about 20 gun brands he cant sell based on that premise.

Also, Anni will be upset he cant get his Yeet cannon

Went into my LGS today, a retail outlet that stocks and sells many Springfield Armory products, and the manager told me point blank not to buy the SA-35 due to extractor issues.

He said they’ve had 50 units on back order and only actually received 2 units since release. But it surprised me that a manager of a store where a large part of their business is SA branded products would tell me straight out that there are issues and not to buy the SA-35 until they’re ironed out.
Saying something like that to a customer is a double edged sword and I can’t help but wonder if the “owner” of the store/company; whether it being a one of or chain store is aware that’s being said.
Since I’m not interested in purchasing a SA-35 I’ll sit back and just see how things work out, I’m sure Springfield A. Has things worked out.

Then he has about 20 gun brands he cant sell based on that premise.

Also, Anni will be upset he cant get his Yeet cannon
well personally, i don't see a "bait and switch" tactic on that store owner. he most likely has many loyal customers, that'll buy the other brands any day of the week and twice on sundays.

i think i see it as a store manager or even owner, or a really good salesperson, as giving a customer a heads up on the products issues. i know i''d appreciate an honest sales, manager or owner.

that makes me want to buy in the future, rather than be disgusted with a bad (or troublesome) product.

but i base my thoughts/opinions on my personal experiences with the 3 places i frequent.

well personally, i don't see a "bait and switch" tactic on that store owner. he most likely has many loyal customers, that'll buy the other brands any day of the week and twice on sundays.

i think i see it as a store manager or even owner, or a really good salesperson, as giving a customer a heads up on the products issues. i know i''d appreciate an honest sales, manager or owner.

that makes me want to buy in the future, rather than be disgusted with a bad (or troublesome) product.

but i base my thoughts/opinions on my personal experiences with the 3 places i frequent.
I’m not saying he did that, but I have been around enough questionable shops that this happens at, so if I got out of line with my posts, sorry

I’m not saying he did that, but I have been around enough questionable shops that this happens at, so if I got out of line with my posts, sorry
no, you didn't. i have not the same amount of time into this sport/hobby as the rest of you do. i have been "lucky" i guess that the shops i frequent are well known, reliable, have a good customer base and relations.

i do not doubt for a NY minute that there are some shops, you'd not want your dog to crap on the sidewalk!

I was referring to this statement:

“i think he just doesn't want unhappy customers going back and biotching about the gun to him..???”

I was referring to this statement:

“i think he just doesn't want unhappy customers going back and biotching about the gun to him..???”
yes, (my thoughts are) that by stalling or recommending a person not buy that gun, gives him less headaches, when they go back and gripe to him about any issues, that he must already know?

after the sale, if i am correct, any issues with the gun, one contacts the factory?

but he could (may) get returns as well? and the moaning and groaning of the issues the gun has.

i think as a business owner, he's "looking out" for his customers, both old timer loyal ones, and brand new ones?

when i turned wrenches a hundred years ago, i'd always recommend to my customers NOT to pay out money to fix a POS car just to pass the state inspections, or to just keep it on the road.

by "my honesty", i got more good word of mouth and a growing customer base, then if i took the money and the customer(s) still had a POS car.

good word of mouth is hard to come by for businesses.

bad word of mouth gets out like in like .500 nano seconds, and today's world of social media, bad word can bury a business, in less than that .500 nano second.

Sounds like good business on behalf of the store owner. He'd keep my business

So what was it for those of us who do have time search for it.
BHSS said the SA extractor was smaller than the BHP standard.

The extractor was softer than BHP specs.

The extractor channel in the slide was out-of-BHP spec, and the slide serrations were cut in the slide after the extractor channel was cut resulting in jagged edges intruding into the channel and interfering with the extractor.

And I believe there was a pin in extractor spring/hole was out of BHP spec, as well as poor QC in machining the hole.

1642890871305.png

Evaluation report

Se page(s) 14-16 & 18-20.

and...

So all these factors contributed to the "extractor" issue.

Last edited:
For me to make decisions on if there is any issues with the extractor I will need more information from more then just a single source. I only saw a few things mentioned in a forum not a wide spread problem, time will tell, but if I see one I will definitely get it.
So how many, if any, evaluations of the SA-35 are out there that did such a "deep-dive" assessment of the pistol that BHSS did?

They literally looked at all aspects of the pistol compared to the "general" consumption reviews. BHPs are BHSS's business.

1642900514191.png

So how many, if any, evaluations of the SA-35 are out there that did such a "deep-dive" assessment of the pistol that BHSS did?

They literally looked at all aspects of the pistol compared to the "general" consumption reviews. BHPs are BHSS's business.

View attachment 24312
I totally understand that, and I appreciate you posting these, but what I was saying is it just the one gun they did this to, was this just a fluke gun….or is there a real problem, that’s all I was saying, wasn’t doubting the series that described this situation,

Back