testtest

Reloads ammo

javbike

Professional
Hey guys wanted to asked I have a brother in law who stop shooting and sold all has guns he had a bunch of reloads in a 357mag they are old but I know him they were done correctly he is a chemist are they worth keeping or should I get rid of them . I ask because I don’t have a 357 mag but I might get one

Did he have any trouble with his reloads? If not I don't see why you would have trouble with the reloads you got from him. Go buy a Ruger because they are stout. Shoot away. What kind of handgun did he have ? Brand I mean.
I wouldn't trust anyone else's handloads. I've caught myself almost throwing a double charge on occasion only because I do a lot of double checking. Or finding a .38 special case that made it through my first round of sorting only to be caught because I always check the headstamp before I deprime, just to be sure. I can't say others do the same. They only have to mess up once and you have a real problem.

I will shoot exactly 2 other people’s reloads—but only in their guns.

These two people are the ones that I learned to reload from, and are…meticulous is the best word I can probably use here (the truly best would be much shorter and start with an “A”, but it has other connotations that probably aren’t censor friendly) when it comes to reloading; one of them is the buddy that lets me use his 650 (I provide my own components, of course, and provide him with a six-pack for the privilege; he keeps me company and gives pointers, and drinks the beer).

But I still won’t run their reloads in my guns.

Hey guys wanted to asked I have a brother in law who stop shooting and sold all has guns he had a bunch of reloads in a 357mag they are old but I know him they were done correctly he is a chemist are they worth keeping or should I get rid of them . I ask because I don’t have a 357 mag but I might get one
yes, he might know what he was doing, but can you guarantee they are not hot loads?

if you are not certain, call the local PD shooting range on how to dispose of them, they may take them, for the bomb squad to blow up.

yes, he might know what he was doing, but can you guarantee they are not hot loads?

if you are not certain, call the local PD shooting range on how to dispose of them, they may take them, for the bomb squad to blow up.
That’s a good thought the range I shoot at has PD shooting only on Wednesday I will ask the range master next trip thanks

That’s a good thought the range I shoot at has PD shooting only on Wednesday I will ask the range master next trip thanks
I would recommend you take them to the police department personally instead of leaving then for someone at the range. Then you can be sure where they went. Much better to be safe than sorry hanging ammunition off to someone.

Get a bullet puller, weigh each round then tear them apart and see if there is powder in them.
I was initially going to recommend pulling the bullets, weighing the powder and reloading from scratch...if you know the exact powder used, but I did not think the thread would go this far...the material value of each cartridge's components is what, $.50 ea? $.75 ea? Might be worth it if you have the equipment.

I would pull the primers and resell the bullets and brass. Or you could resell the brass with primers in tact.
Sell the bullets on line, ammo broker, a pawn shop, or another dealer. Your gun club/range would probably buy them from you.

Back