testtest

Disposing of old brass

I have a ton of 9mm and 5.56 brass laying around with no use for it. Do any of you know places that buy the stuff, aside from Gunbroker?
only a guide, not an absolute guarantee, and the prices change daily

and this one, again, only an "idea" on what some scrap yards in some states are paying

last week, here in my state used shell casing brass was at $2.10 per pound.

i just keep saving mine, right now i have like 24 pounds of it, in a 5 gallon pail...

i can wait.

I'm told scrap yards are paying top dollar for brass and other metals. A friend of mine collects brass for reloading and scraps the calibers he doesn't use.
I'm mkaing good side money on brass and copper right now. Last time I took some casings in with me I was told they wanted it separated from the rest of my brass ( Low pressure gas tees off old cast iron mains, etc.).

Anyway, brass is up. So is copper.

I save all my brass that can't be reloaded and smelt them down to make other things like cross's, skull's and brass bars. My local scrapyard isn't giving much for brass cases. I think when I took in five 5 gallon bucket full and only made 1.85 a pound. Decent chunk of change but I have more fun with smelting the brass and making things with it. Learned alot from watching bigstackD Casting on YT.

I have a ton of 9mm and 5.56 brass laying around with no use for it. Do any of you know places that buy the stuff, aside from Gunbroker?
ok, an update, regarding what "i had", and what "i got" from buying the Dillon press, from the RSO

he said to me that he will even "throw-in" brass as well.

well i thought he had NEW brass.....

but ohhh noooooo.............he had 3, yes 3..........5 gallon buckets of brass that he got, from sweeping the range floor, at the end of his day/night.

a mix for sure, INCLUDING LIVE ROUNDS...!!!!!!

several LIVE ROUNDS, of rifle, and 9 mm, and 22lr...!!!!!!!

needless to say, those buckets were HEAVY, for this old man.

needless to say, to my surprise, when i reached in, with gloved hands and i came up with LIVE ROUNDS....!!!!

so, i had a mission, all i wanted was .45 ACP, and the large primed ones.

i found literary dozens of S&B, and Winchester...then other brands, but i like those 2 the most.

it took me no less than 4 hours of hand scooping all that brass.

so this morning, i took what was left, 96 pounds worth, to the recycling yard....

brass casings i was told, go for .20¢ less than plumbing brass........what did i care? it was going to be money i didn't have....

i went to the bank with $192.00...!! (so used brass shell casings at TODAYS market pricing, was $2.00 per pound..!!)

so, in my posting about me buying that slightly used Dillon and ALL the other stuff for $650...???

well, the way "i see it"...??

all that stuff, and that Dillon, (just NO DIES) only cost me about 4 hours of my retired time.....

and at a cost of a mere.....$458.......

dang it........

more lottery tickets in my future..

so to the o/p check the daily values/pricings for used shell casing brass..!!!!!

ok, an update, regarding what "i had", and what "i got" from buying the Dillon press, from the RSO

he said to me that he will even "throw-in" brass as well.

well i thought he had NEW brass.....

but ohhh noooooo.............he had 3, yes 3..........5 gallon buckets of brass that he got, from sweeping the range floor, at the end of his day/night.

a mix for sure, INCLUDING LIVE ROUNDS...!!!!!!

several LIVE ROUNDS, of rifle, and 9 mm, and 22lr...!!!!!!!

needless to say, those buckets were HEAVY, for this old man.

needless to say, to my surprise, when i reached in, with gloved hands and i came up with LIVE ROUNDS....!!!!

so, i had a mission, all i wanted was .45 ACP, and the large primed ones.

i found literary dozens of S&B, and Winchester...then other brands, but i like those 2 the most.

it took me no less than 4 hours of hand scooping all that brass.

so this morning, i took what was left, 96 pounds worth, to the recycling yard....

brass casings i was told, go for .20¢ less than plumbing brass........what did i care? it was going to be money i didn't have....

i went to the bank with $192.00...!! (so used brass shell casings at TODAYS market pricing, was $2.00 per pound..!!)

so, in my posting about me buying that slightly used Dillon and ALL the other stuff for $650...???

well, the way "i see it"...??

all that stuff, and that Dillon, (just NO DIES) only cost me about 4 hours of my retired time.....

and at a cost of a mere.....$458.......

dang it........

more lottery tickets in my future..

so to the o/p check the daily values/pricings for used shell casing brass..!!!!!
Back when I started reloading (264wm and 44mag) I had 10 boxes of W super-X (200) that I've reloaded at least 10x. Some might say that is way too much for the wm cases. About 5 years ago I found at midsouth NORMA 264wm brass on sale for 70 cents/piece compared to $1.35/piece. I ended up with 1k of new brass. There is no way I'll turn in brass that I reload cartridges for! Good job on picking out what you wanted before scrapping.

Back when I started reloading (264wm and 44mag) I had 10 boxes of W super-X (200) that I've reloaded at least 10x. Some might say that is way too much for the wm cases. About 5 years ago I found at midsouth NORMA 264wm brass on sale for 70 cents/piece compared to $1.35/piece. I ended up with 1k of new brass. There is no way I'll turn in brass that I reload cartridges for! Good job on picking out what you wanted before scrapping.
yeah, at this time only .45 was what i wanted. when i go to the range at future times, i always sweep up my area, and the nearby ports as well, as i see most brass is first fired, as the shooters have factory boxes. the "old" brass in those buckets were nasty, i just did not want them, when i know i can get fresh anytime.

but there aren't as many 45 shooters there like me, more are into the 10mm and 40 than 45's.

i will still buy new brass ammo, as just yesterday in fact, a "surplus store" in my area, finally had . S&B 38 special, in brass casing, and my "member pricing" was....$29.99 for 50

non-members pricing is $37.49

so now, i think i WILL reload .38's

Back