testtest

A .308 1911? The Springfield S.A.S.S. Pistol

Any information on accuracy, usable range (with and without shoulder stock)? Muzzle velocities (energies) with those short barrels. Or, were they always used with shoulder stock? Any muzzle brakes used to reduce felt recoil?

Right before I installed the butt stock and hand guard...

50.jpg

I remember when this was available back in the days, never got one, seen one, never shot one. Thanks Mike good article

Yes why not include a modest grip on the barrell ?
I suspect ATF. Vertical grips are considered a no-no, makes it a short barreled rifle, in fact the picture with the pistol grip could also be considered a short barreled rifle. That is why the short shotguns have "birds head" type grips instead of pistol grips. Since they change their minds sometimes daily unless you have a tax stamp for a short barreled rifle to be safe, you never can be too safe with federal regulators. I wonder if they were the reason for it's demise or if the T/C had a stronger base it couldn't overcome?

I suspect ATF. Vertical grips are considered a no-no, makes it a short barreled rifle, in fact the picture with the pistol grip could also be considered a short barreled rifle. That is why the short shotguns have "birds head" type grips instead of pistol grips. Since they change their minds sometimes daily unless you have a tax stamp for a short barreled rifle to be safe, you never can be too safe with federal regulators. I wonder if they were the reason for it's demise or if the T/C had a stronger base it couldn't overcome?
The M1A pictured cannot be considered a SBR because the barrel is over 16”.

I have 2 SASS uppers & 3 barrels. 10" 357mag,14"7BR,14"308 If anyone would like see/shoot or use to extend article.
I just acquired a SASS upper in .223 but it did not come with a magazine to open/close the barrel.
Do you happen to have one to spare? thanks, I PMd you

Back