testtest

Red Flag playbook......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
This whole thing is just a grab for guns. All someone has to do is not like you now and your in trouble. There is no due process in any of this. You are no longer "innocent until proven guilty".

Where's the NRA in all of this?
Preparing for their show in Nashville? 🤫. Seriously Tenbones, I've been kind of wondering that myself. So far I've gotten 2 take action alerts from the Gun Owners of America (GOA), and I've only been a member with them for a few months. I've gotten NRA take actions alerts from the NRA previously, and even received my NRA-ILA "Survey" through the mail that always includes the "Please Donate" at its end. Why do I think they chuck the survey and cash the check 🤔. Other than that, I haven't heard much from them & I'm a lifetime member. 😡

Preparing for their show in Nashville? 🤫. Seriously Tenbones, I've been kind of wondering that myself. So far I've gotten 2 take action alerts from the Gun Owners of America (GOA), and I've only been a member with them for a few months. I've gotten NRA take actions alerts from the NRA previously, and even received my NRA-ILA "Survey" through the mail that always includes the "Please Donate" at its end. Why do I think they chuck the survey and cash the check 🤔. Other than that, I haven't heard much from them & I'm a lifetime member. 😡
You mean they throw away the survey??......I agree Bet7, all I get anymore is we have extended our special for you to renew your membership, but I see no action on any issues going on. Until they get rid of WLP, I will not support the NRA anymore, it’s sad, once a great organization.....now just a shell of what they were.....just my opinion.

I thought it, you said it. I am also a lifetime member. What are they doing?

I’ve been a life member since I was 18 years old. The NRA has flip flopped on Red Flag Laws a little bit. Last I heard they don’t support them, but that must have changed since they released a statement last year supporting them as long as due process was assured. I never wanted or needed bump stocks but I disagree with the NRA and the president’s position on them. My dad got so disgusted he dropped his membership.

I saw somewhere an article that had red flag laws turned around - people were reporting the actual criminals (I know, right?) who were causing problems in "neighborhoods".

I know - a temporary solution at best since they usually get guns illegally anyway, but it could turn out to be an eyes-on situation for LEOs where they can find other evidence against these crooks, for other crimes (drugs, stolen goods, whatever).

Once that practice gets widespread (if it does), and the Dems get a whiff of it...that'll be the end of red flag laws. Mark my words.

I saw somewhere an article that had red flag laws turned around - people were reporting the actual criminals (I know, right?) who were causing problems in "neighborhoods".

I know - a temporary solution at best since they usually get guns illegally anyway, but it could turn out to be an eyes-on situation for LEOs where they can find other evidence against these crooks, for other crimes (drugs, stolen goods, whatever).

Once that practice gets widespread (if it does), and the Dems get a whiff of it...that'll be the end of red flag laws. Mark my words.
Well, it's a good thing to get criminals off the street, no argument there. But as you mentioned peglegjoe, the criminal is breaking a law already on the books, that never seems to be enforced. Sure, it's one of the initial charges (with sometimes also carrying concealed without a permit/license). But it's seems it's also one of the charges that gets dropped as the plea bargaining process is undertaken. I always felt that a felon having a gun should get a mandatory 25 year sentence on top of whatever other charges they were convicted of. A felon using a gun in the commission of a crime, gets a mandatory 50 year sentence on top of any other charges they were convicted of. Neither of these charges would be eligible for plea bargains. Maybe we could call it the "common sense gun law", that might please some of the gun control advocates. Laws like this could stop gun violence without impacting the law abiding gun owners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back