testtest

For those who own m1a's

I don't care for the "tanker/socom" length, but "scout squad" or longer will be my pick. With the choice of "match" barrels and non what is the experience with each or either? I found a "police/mil" so called edition that has a short pic rail at the rear of the receiver is (no iron sight, but attached to the stripper). How is the performance without the match barrel or is it worth it? I found some sa58's and have been going back and forth between both for next buy.

I don't care for the "tanker/socom" length, but "scout squad" or longer will be my pick. With the choice of "match" barrels and non what is the experience with each or either? I found a "police/mil" so called edition that has a short pic rail at the rear of the receiver is (no iron sight, but attached to the stripper). How is the performance without the match barrel or is it worth it? I found some sa58's and have been going back and forth between both for next buy.
DS Arms SA58 (FAL) ?

I own 6 FALs/and SA58’s. They get 1” groups at best with nice Styer barrels. 2-3”+ groups with SA58s. Battle rifles. FAL’s were made from any factory to be better than 2-3” groupings. Steyr made barrels (Austria)somehow got ahead of the curve and avg better.

My M1A shoots circles around the FAL’s. Period. I avg 1-2” groups( lack of operator).

Trained rifle expert friends have put my M1A in dime size groups and 2” groups on my SA58s . 1” on my Steyr FALs . Did a side by side group shoot of all 3 rifles. Quite fun 👍😉😁

Both sre fun to shoot.
M1A for precision
FAL/SA58 for fun or just good groupings
00608AFB-8090-4216-BCDF-0D03CD8812F8.jpeg

Last edited:
DS Arms SA58 (FAL) ?

I own 6 FALs/and SA58’s. They get 1” groups at best with nice Styer barrels. 2-3”+ groups with SA58s. Battle rifles. FAL’s were made from any factory to be better than 2-3” groupings. Steyr made barrels (Austria)somehow got ahead of the curve and avg better.

My M1A shoots circles around the FAL’s. Period. I avg 1-2” groups( lack of operator).

Trained rifle expert friends have put my M1A in dime size groups and 2” groups on my SA58s . 1” on my Steyr FALs . Did a side by side group shoot of all 3 rifles. Quite fun 👍😉😁

Both sre fun to shoot.
M1A for precision
FAL/SA58 for fun or just good groupings
Were you shooting 150 grain or 168 grain bullets?

SA58's were Brazilian-made and marketed by SA in the late 80's. They were considered pre-ban without any 922R requirements until Bush #1 pushed the import ban thru & when the AWB was enacted they needed parts swapped & the evil furniture & features substituted.

The 18" Bush/Scout is my favorite shorter M1A, and my first was a Scout that had many National Match treatments years before the Sage EBR was available to civilians. My NM Scout would shoot 1 to 1.5 moa all day with Portuguese surplus... my 16.25" will shoot sub moa with the same ammo, but it is a Smith Enterprise built rifle in a light weight chassis stock.

1stEBR.jpg

SA58's were Brazilian-made and marketed by SA in the late 80's. They were considered pre-ban without any 922R requirements until Bush #1 pushed the import ban thru & when the AWB was enacted they needed parts swapped & the evil furniture & features substituted.
DS Arms still makes brand new ones marketed as SA58. Fyi…

So not all are Brazilian / Springfield anymore

I have an early DSA SA58 with a welded-on flash hider. This was done to by the gov't to make them less evil.

Yea I keep getting the DSA & SA ones mixed up.

Since this is a SA forum I started thinking about the old SA SAR-48's but you folks were really talking about the DSAs.

DSA's original FALs were made using Austrian kits/parts vs. the SA SAR-48's which were Brazilian.

DSA has basically run out of the old Austrian parts & so their FALs are US-made parts.

From the place I had been looking at the sa58 were using US parts for legality or just enough parts for it. Reasonable HKs also. Parts made with HK tooling, so some are not 100% HK manufactured for import reasons.
Are you talking about PTR HK clones?

Those are built on the machines & tooling HK set up for Portugal; PTR bought it & imported it 20 years ago or so.

The early PTR91’s were built with a mix of parts, but for the past 10 years or so, they’re 100% US parts.

Yea I keep getting the DSA & SA ones mixed up.

Since this is a SA forum I started thinking about the old SA SAR-48's but you folks were really talking about the DSAs.

DSA's original FALs were made using Austrian kits/parts vs. the SA SAR-48's which were Brazilian.

DSA has basically run out of the old Austrian parts & so their FALs are US-made parts.
I would love to get my hands on an original SAR 58 from Brazil that SA imported 👍👍👍👍

Make another road trip and you can shoot all of mine for some side x side comparison and evaluation 😉🤠🤠

Back