testtest

(Some of) Today's Youth

jmcd

Professional
Founding Member
Lately, there has been a group of kids as young as 11, and not just boys, running around Boston beating people up and destroying property. This has become a nightly news topic on the local channels. Some of these individuals are well known to police. From the articles I have read, some that have been arrested are spitting on police, trying to break there buddies out of the back of the cruiser, you get the idea.

The city has just announced plans to help the children and families of the involved. I wonder what the victims and taxpayers thoughts are on this?

Growing up I was petrified of my dad. Not because he yelled or kicked me around the block. Actually, the opposite. He was always there for me. I had nothing but respect for him. Seems to be missing here.

We all know the importance of being aware of our surroundings. I will admit, none of my training has covered an 11 year old. I am sure any adult would be put under a microscope that had a response other than trying to help a victim. But what about you being the victim? How would you handle something like this?

One of the many articles:

Kids were the same in the 50s.We would have done the same thing if we could have , but the police had no qualms about beating the hell out of us. We were afraid of the police.As it should be..We need them to maintain a civilized society.I was an orphan with no one to show me right from wrong.A miracle I didn't wind up in jail. Six years in the Marines straighten me out and pointed me in the right direction.

Based on my experience as a high school teacher in an urban setting, it is my opinion that we are raising a number of
budding sociopaths in our society. In education, these kids are labeled with "conduct disorders" are basically the "rules aren't for us" crowd. There are conflicting views as to the causes and how to deal with these children. Bottom line is, unless an individual accepts a positive intervention, they are destined for the two C's: a cell and/or a cemetery. As jmcd pointed out, it's a growing problem.

Lately, there has been a group of kids as young as 11, and not just boys, running around Boston beating people up and destroying property. This has become a nightly news topic on the local channels. Some of these individuals are well known to police. From the articles I have read, some that have been arrested are spitting on police, trying to break there buddies out of the back of the cruiser, you get the idea.

The city has just announced plans to help the children and families of the involved. I wonder what the victims and taxpayers thoughts are on this?

Growing up I was petrified of my dad. Not because he yelled or kicked me around the block. Actually, the opposite. He was always there for me. I had nothing but respect for him. Seems to be missing here.

We all know the importance of being aware of our surroundings. I will admit, none of my training has covered an 11 year old. I am sure any adult would be put under a microscope that had a response other than trying to help a victim. But what about you being the victim? How would you handle something like this?

One of the many articles:
I'm not trying to make this political at all, but it's my understanding that Boston is as very libral city. Have they defunded thier police departments and is it considered child abuse in that town for spanking a child when nessasary to teach a lesson and get the point across? I was raised on the fact that Disobedience, rude behavior, and making unnecessary trouble. Brings instant retribution. Seemed to work on me. The most trouble I've been in with the law was a parking ticket in Seattle! Any of you ever been to Seattle and tried to drive around? Let alone find a dam place to park!?!?! That place is a frick'n zoo!!! I'm Just saying.

My Dad ( who survived Normandy) made a cat of nine tails out of an old razor strop. He used it on my sister and me whenever the situation called for an attitude adjustment. My 9th grade math teacher had a wooden paddle hanging on the wall. The first two weeks of class saw a liberal use of that paddle. It was seldom used the rest of the year because the rules of order had been well established. You never told your parents you got paddled in school because you would get paddled again at home. No teacher ever got sued or in trouble for it. No one in my high school graduating class of 300 ever got into any major trouble with the police. The school system taught math, English, science, patriotism, home economics, shop and polite behavior - period. Everything else was left to the parents. The children of today are being short changed.

I grew up in and near St. Louis in the 70s and 80s. There is no way any of us back then would have even considered this. It didn't happen. Kids, or rather a certain subset of kids are being raised with zero respect or compassion for anyone, including themselves. The fact is society has grown soft and it will certainly be reflected by the increase in sociopaths later. It's already happening. If we want to get right down to brass tacks, the hippies are to blame.

That's all I will say about that.

My Dad ( who survived Normandy) made a cat of nine tails out of an old razor strop. He used it on my sister and me whenever the situation called for an attitude adjustment. My 9th grade math teacher had a wooden paddle hanging on the wall. The first two weeks of class saw a liberal use of that paddle. It was seldom used the rest of the year because the rules of order had been well established. You never told your parents you got paddled in school because you would get paddled again at home. No teacher ever got sued or in trouble for it. No one in my high school graduating class of 300 ever got into any major trouble with the police. The school system taught math, English, science, patriotism, home economics, shop and polite behavior - period. Everything else was left to the parents. The children of today are being short changed.
I went to a small grade school that had two classes per room. My 7th & 8th grade teacher was also the principal of our school. The bad part of that was that she lived the first house South of where I grew up. If I got in trouble at school , I was in trouble as soon as I got off the bus.

Man was I glad to get into high school .

Brother, you and I are cut from the same cloth to the T! My dad also used a razor strop for correcting us! Although he didn't cut it onto a Cat-o-Nine, 😂 but when he came down the stairs with both ends of that Strop in his hands and we heard him start snapping it together. We just new we'd done something wrong and had been caught! Then the spanking began! Oh man, just thinking about it brings back the feeling of guilt of being trouble! The school would also call every parent at the beginning of each school year for permission to correct their children with a paddle should they get out of line. My dad would always say. "Not only do you have my permission, but please call me so when my boys get home I can remind witch ever one that got out off line (if it wasn't all of us) where he comes from"! 😂😂😂 I laugh now but it sure wasn't funny then. That's all a thing of the past. Now days some students spit, hit, and even in some extreme cases have been known to rape teachers in some schools. Pretty depressing really!

Last edited:
I made the mistake my freshman year of calling a girl a bitch and a teacher heard it all then called my father. Boy o boy was that a mistake! The Razor Strop never came off the wall. Dad figured I was old enough now that I needed a little more correction from just the Strop. Now I'm not saying he beat the heck out of me with closed fists, but not far from it! Let's just say I soon found a higher respect of the ladies! 😂

2 Timothy 3: 1-5

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Just sayin'

I really hate to say this however Just like some adults there are some children that due to not being raised in a home with strong moral values are not “human” they are the classic definition of sociopaths.
They have no respect for life and feel no remorse about causing significant harm or death to another living thing and when I say thing most of these (youths) start out by killing small animals.

The type of behavior described in the article is happening everywhere, the current rash of armed car jackings in Louisville is being done by juveniles, they don’t care for human life and will shoot you for your vehicle.

You can argue all you want that they are children and yes in age they are however in actions they are soulless sociopathic beings that belong in prison or ………………………

2 Timothy 3: 1-5

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Just sayin'
I definitely find that erie and it raises an eye brow. Makes a person think. 🤔 If that's true? When are "the last days"? Because that's where we and a lot of other countries are going in my opinion! I hate to say it, but I feel the youth in our country is the worst when it comes to respecting elders and all others for that matter when compared to other countries.

I was right there with up until that last sentence. The only thing they're being shorted on is @ss whippin's.

Brother, you and I are cut from the same cloth to the T! My dad also used a razor strop for correcting us! Although he didn't cut it onto a Cat-o-Nine, 😂 but when he came down the stairs with both ends of that Strop in his hands and we heard him start snapping it together. We just new we'd done something wrong and had been caught! Then the spanking began! Oh man, just thinking about it brings back the feeling of guilt of being trouble! The school would also call every parent at the beginning of each school year for permission to correct their children with a paddle should they get out of line. My dad would always say. "Not only do you have my permission, but please call me so when my boys get home I can remind witch ever one that got out off line (if it wasn't all of us) where he comes from"! 😂😂😂 I laugh now but it sure wasn't funny then. That's all a thing of the past. Now days some students spit, hit, and even in some extreme cases have been known to rape teachers in some schools. Pretty depressing really!
The worst was when father would say "this hurts me more than it hurts you"! My stinging ass disagrees....

Just this last week, a boy up in Wisconsin, 14 years old, raped and murdered his 10 year old cousin. That, just hearing that on the news, was so unsettling. My wife and I were so beside ourselves thinking, how each parent must feel. How do you come to grips with something like that?

Al lot if you may not agree with this but I definitely feel that military service should be mandatory in our country like is is in some other countries. Two years minimum service. I'll tell you what. The military definitely will weed out the non hackers that don't shape up and will definitely be shipped out. Those who do make it through BT will be issued a rifle and trained proficiently with it on safety and marksmanship! When you're service is up. You take your rifle home with you to help defend your country against invasion if need be and also protect our rights as american citizens if need be. The non hackers meaning, usually the people that become criminals and end up in prison. Are now on the no firearm list because they are obviously not responsible enough to possess one. The result of Mandatory Military Service in my opinion? Respect and discipline is taught at a higher level, more armed responsible citizens in this country, and less armed criminals = less crime! Let's not forget the bonus! One more rifle in the safe for all of us!😂

Just this last week, a boy up in Wisconsin, 14 years old, raped and murdered his 10 year old cousin. That, just hearing that on the news, was so unsettling. My wife and I were so beside ourselves thinking, how each parent must feel. How do you come to grips with something like that?
They are coming out with all kinds of bad info on all of the family members of both the victim and assaillant. It is a sad situation all around.

Al lot if you may not agree with this but I definitely feel that military service should be mandatory in our country like is is in some other countries. Two years minimum service. I'll tell you what. The military definitely will weed out the non hackers that don't shape up and will definitely be shipped out. Those who do make it through BT will be issued a rifle and trained proficiently with it on safety and marksmanship! When you're service is up. You take your rifle home with you to help defend your country against invasion if need be and also protect our rights as american citizens if need be. The non hackers meaning, usually the people that become criminals and end up in prison. Are now on the no firearm list because they are obviously not responsible enough to possess one. The result of Mandatory Military Service in my opinion? Respect and discipline is taught at a higher level, more armed responsible citizens in this country, and less armed criminals = less crime! Let's not forget the bonus! One more rifle in the safe for all of us!😂
It's one of those things though. I mean it sounds good and personally I wish in retrospect I wouldn't have gotten cold feet and had actually joined the Marine Corps when my buddy did, but in order to implement the kinda thing you're talking about we would have to throw out the constitution. So that's a pass for me.

Back