testtest

History of the East German Makarov

I had two East Germans and a Bulgarian, have one EG left. The East German was as mentioned much better finished. The EG is, in my hands, one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot. One of my instructors even tried it after the class and went searching to find one.

I quickly replaced the thick rubber import grips with the original EG thinner grip and it handled much nicer.i have replaced the original sights, the originals were shrinking too fast.

Last edited:
I had two East Germans and a Bulgarian, have one EG left. The East German was as mentioned much better finished. The EG is, in my hands, one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot. One of my instructors even tried it after the class and went searching to find one.

I quickly replaced the thick rubber import grips with the original EG thinner grip and it handled much nicer.i have replaced the original sights, the originals were shrinking too fast.
My theory on the sights was that I must have sweated too much while carrying it, I did carry it in summer for many years, and the sights shrunk.

Only thing I could think of...

An East German Makarov was the first small semi-auto pistol I could shoot well. You can get a fine bead with the fine blade sight, sharp notch and the fixed barrel keeps things lined up. I sold mine but have tried to buy it back twice.
The dirty rat won't come off it. ;)

had 8 Makarov pistols. Of these, 7 were made in the USSR and 1 was East German. I must note that they are all good, durable and reliable weapons. East German had its own characteristics, easy and pleasant descent, excellent accuracy. after 3 thousand shots, the bolt cracked. As it turned out later, the gun was not new, as stated by the dealer from whom I bought it. from firms in Austria, then exported further around the world already as new.

Back