testtest

Trio of Democrats unveil federal gun licensing bill

Seriously? People have to pay a tax to leave? There's quite a litany of profanities I could use to describe that, but will simply call it un-American. What a joke, and I don't mean funny ha ha.
Of course it is explained away as just a prepayment of tax owed but most states do not tax home sale profits which makes this a heavier burden on NJ folks. If you stay in NJ, you are exempt from paying the tax. So, obviously the intent is pretty clear.

Of course it is explained away as just a prepayment of tax owed but most states do not tax home sale profits which makes this a heavier burden on NJ folks. If you stay in NJ, you are exempt from paying the tax. So, obviously the intent is pretty clear.
Nj will squeeze whatever they can out of you.

Seriously? People have to pay a tax to leave? There's quite a litany of profanities I could use to describe that, but will simply call it un-American. What a joke, and I don't mean funny ha ha.
I was born in NYC, but never lived there. Grew up in NJ's Bergen, Union and Morris Counties and worked in Hunterdon county for over 30+ years. I left for Pennsylvania when I was 25 but still commuted to Clinton NJ until I retired. I just couldn't afford living in NJ for what I was making at the time. (you could get 2-3X the house and property in Pa. than you could in NJ. for comparable prices)
But to your point about Taxed to leave, while I was still working there, someone in NJ State government proposed a law that your pension and/or Social Security would be taxed by the State regardless whether you stayed in NJ, or moved to another State. A co-worker/buddy of mine was furious when he heard about this, as he planned to move after he retired from Union county NJ to North Carolina. Fortunately the bill never made it that far to be voted in.
As far as others have posted, there are some nice areas in NJ. My Stepmother who lived on Long Island NY, always pictured NJ as the Secaucus area, but fell in love with the Morris county home and area we lived at.
But, all in all I'm glad I was able to leave and have more 2A freedoms than the surrounding States of Pennsylvania.

It’s actually not as bad as it sounds. Basically it is money they hold to make sure the state gets their tax money on capital gains on sale of your house. Once that is paid you get the remaining balance. Now, when you get it and how long it takes to actually get that balance is another story. Still, it is one more hoop you have to jump through to leave.
So the state isn't satisfied with the taxes they confiscated from you while you lived there? They hold more of your money when you leave to be sure they are able to confiscate a portion of any money you realize from the appreciation of holdings you had while you lived there?

Sorry, my friend, that sounds really bad to me. But that's exactly the type of power the Marxist left believes they should have over the people under their control.

It’s actually not as bad as it sounds. Basically it is money they hold to make sure the state gets their tax money on capital gains on sale of your house. Once that is paid you get the remaining balance. Now, when you get it and how long it takes to actually get that balance is another story. Still, it is one more hoop you have to jump through to leave.
Sounds like you don't mind paying taxes. My understanding is most states do not tax capital gains on sale of the home. This is just another example of how NJ taxes anything that moves. AND, what are the people of the state getting for this extortion? Not much...

So the state isn't satisfied with the taxes they confiscated from you while you lived there? They hold more of your money when you leave to be sure they are able to confiscate a portion of any money you realize from the appreciation of holdings you had while you lived there?

Sorry, my friend, that sounds really bad to me. But that's exactly the type of power the Marxist left believes they should have over the people under their control.
Ha, there you are. You forgot to mention the Marxist Left in your previous comment and I was concerned your handlers would be upset with you, but I see you’re back on song. Good for you.

Sounds like you don't mind paying taxes. My understanding is most states do not tax capital gains on sale of the home. This is just another example of how NJ taxes anything that moves. AND, what are the people of the state getting for this extortion? Not much...
I do not like paying taxes, in any way, shape or form. Can’t wait to leave. Unfortunately, i am not able to yet. There is a mass exodus from nj. More people are leaving than coming in and for good reason. Who knows maybe i’ll be the last man standing in this state then i can do whatever i want! Hahahaha.
Here’s an example of the way my state is run… our gas tax (one of the highest in the country) is supposed to be dedicated for road/highway maintenance. We have since learned that those funds go into a general fund and we also learned last year that that fund was being used by the state to pay the legal fees of illegals residing in nj. Yup. That’s my state.

Ha, there you are. You forgot to mention the Marxist Left in your previous comment and I was concerned your handlers would be upset with you, but I see you’re back on song. Good for you.
Sorry to burst your bubble, while I make no attempt to hide the utter contempt I have for Imbecilic Joe and the rest of the Marxist left, I have no handlers. My opinions are strictly my own, formed on the basis of the information I have gleaned.

I don’t have a bubble, my eyes are wide open.
7387DC96-4E6B-45AA-B40B-6ADCA1EB91E6.gif

This is all lip service for their constituencies. They’ve seen legislation like this get knocked back time after time. This bill would have no impact on the gazillions of legally purchased guns already in our grubby little mitts. The genie is out of the bottle. And it’s not going back in. They know it, we know it.
Well, yes and no. This is why they are trying to digitize money and healthcare. If they get control of your bank account and your healthcare, they can and WILL deny you both until you give up your "evil guns". That is their endgame in all of this. People are too stupid to realize that once they control your money and your healthcare, they control you.

I was born in NYC, but never lived there. Grew up in NJ's Bergen, Union and Morris Counties and worked in Hunterdon county for over 30+ years. I left for Pennsylvania when I was 25 but still commuted to Clinton NJ until I retired. I just couldn't afford living in NJ for what I was making at the time. (you could get 2-3X the house and property in Pa. than you could in NJ. for comparable prices)
But to your point about Taxed to leave, while I was still working there, someone in NJ State government proposed a law that your pension and/or Social Security would be taxed by the State regardless whether you stayed in NJ, or moved to another State. A co-worker/buddy of mine was furious when he heard about this, as he planned to move after he retired from Union county NJ to North Carolina. Fortunately the bill never made it that far to be voted in.
As far as others have posted, there are some nice areas in NJ. My Stepmother who lived on Long Island NY, always pictured NJ as the Secaucus area, but fell in love with the Morris county home and area we lived at.
But, all in all I'm glad I was able to leave and have more 2A freedoms than the surrounding States of Pennsylvania.

I was born in Englewood. I was born while my Dad was on his way to Vietnam. So, I was raised in Teaneck. When my Dad got back, we moved around. From Jersey, to Florida, to Maryland, to Italy, to Australia, back to Maryland. I spent most of my teenage years in Southern Maryland. My Mom's grandparents moved from Teaneck to Goshen, NY. Spent a few summers up there. I miss Maryland, just not the cost of living or the democrat policies. New York and New Jersey have some beautiful countryside, outside of the cities. Spent a summer up in the Catskills. Beautiful.

I was born in Englewood. I was born while my Dad was on his way to Vietnam. So, I was raised in Teaneck. When my Dad got back, we moved around. From Jersey, to Florida, to Maryland, to Italy, to Australia, back to Maryland. I spent most of my teenage years in Southern Maryland. My Mom's grandparents moved from Teaneck to Goshen, NY. Spent a few summers up there. I miss Maryland, just not the cost of living or the democrat policies. New York and New Jersey have some beautiful countryside, outside of the cities. Spent a summer up in the Catskills. Beautiful.
I was born at Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck. Hahahaha.

I do not like paying taxes, in any way, shape or form. Can’t wait to leave. Unfortunately, i am not able to yet. There is a mass exodus from nj. More people are leaving than coming in and for good reason. Who knows maybe i’ll be the last man standing in this state then i can do whatever i want! Hahahaha.
Here’s an example of the way my state is run… our gas tax (one of the highest in the country) is supposed to be dedicated for road/highway maintenance. We have since learned that those funds go into a general fund and we also learned last year that that fund was being used by the state to pay the legal fees of illegals residing in nj. Yup. That’s my state.
Will the last person out of Jersey please turn out the lights?

I understand the frustration some have and the anxiousness to just leave the problems to others. Remember, though, that you and your fellow citizens/voters created the mess in the first place. Might be worth salvaging, it sounds like.

Back