testtest

confused and need help

Old_Me

Ronin
ok, so i have a SA-A1

bought it like maybe 2 years ago.

i told the salesman i wanted a "MIL-SPEC"

i was told, this A1 is the same thing.

it has from all accounts,(from what i can see) all the features of a Mil-Spec, arched MSH, fixed sights, stainless barrel bushing,

here are pics

1657555948094.png

1657555970157.png

1657555995630.png

now, yes, i know...a Mil-Spec has the roll mark...Mil-Spec

but other than that roll mark, is my A1 every bit as much as a Mil-Spec..???
i ain't gonna sell it, in fact took it to the range today, after not there since late December, so it was due, and i only shot 50 rounds of reloaded 230 gr.

then cleaned/lubed with FP 10, my "new" oil of choice..

thanks in advance

Interesting question, if it is not marked Mil spec I am thinking its not. The big reason is they have a mil-spec model and it is specifically marked as so. I am guessing it is an accurate representation of a 1911a1 but some parts used are not mil spec.

Simply my interpretation. I could be wrong.

Short trigger, arched MSH, spur hammer…all correct.

Grips aren’t correct, of course; no cannon logos on a true GI, just checkered grips.

Cocking serrations should be vertical, not angled.

Sights aren’t A1, either.

But beyond that? Pretty close.
A true mil-spec USGI doesn't have the lowered & scalloped ejection port.

The only ones that are true mil-spec USGI are the Auto Ordnance US Army model, and the SDS USGI model.

1657565851158.png

ok guys..??

this morning, as i was gathering my Colt 1911 for a trip to the range, i located the SA box that my A1 came in.

it is a CA gun as well, so i had changed out the MSH for a non-locking one, (exact arched type) but anyways,

even though my pictures are LOUSY, i can assure you that the label on the box does say..."MIL-SPEC", but yet, the gun has a roll mark of A1.....

this is what lends me to being confused, sorry i didn't think to verify the box yesterday when i started this thread.

oh yeah, one more thing, the serial number on the box, is indeed the same on the gun, so no switching was done

here is a lousy pic of the label.

1657626910394.png

ok guys..??

this morning, as i was gathering my Colt 1911 for a trip to the range, i located the SA box that my A1 came in.

it is a CA gun as well, so i had changed out the MSH for a non-locking one, (exact arched type) but anyways,

even though my pictures are LOUSY, i can assure you that the label on the box does say..."MIL-SPEC", but yet, the gun has a roll mark of A1.....

this is what lends me to being confused, sorry i didn't think to verify the box yesterday when i started this thread.

oh yeah, one more thing, the serial number on the box, is indeed the same on the gun, so no switching was done

View attachment 28901
I don’t think it makes much a difference really, it’s a mil spec gun

I don’t think it makes much a difference really, it’s a mil spec gun
yeah, most likely makes no difference. it just "confused" me that the box said Mil-Spec, and many times i have (as well as you and others have) seen the roll marks of Mil-Spec on the slide.

but this one as i stated, had the A1 roll mark.

i hate being confused....

if i want a Snickers bar, i'd not want to open up the wrapper, and find a Mr. Goodbar in there...... :LOL:

ok guys..??

View attachment 28901
i love new cars...i love new guns....

i HATE new digital crappola...

i went and got a new digital camera, really expensive too at $60 from Amazon..

the clarity of my old digital camera just wasn't making the grade anymore.

well yesterday, and again today, i am trying to get this %$#*&**@^^&@!!! THING TO WORK..!!!!!!

my pc, which is old, will not "recognize" this new camera.

as a result, i have to remove the memory card, insert that into my pc, and download it, then go to google pics, and upload it..what a ROYAL PITA......!!!

i wanted to take another pic, regarding the MIL SPEC or is it an A1 from SA that i have..??

well, i THOUGHT i was taking some pics, come to find out, i was making a **&^^%^&^$#$ MOVIE.....!!!!!!

so, enjoy my **&&%^$#$@$% MOVIE, of the dang box that now, CLEARY shows that my A1 is a MIL SPEC.....

God, i hate NEW DIGITAL CRAPPOLA....

Back