testtest

Choosing a Concealed Carry Gun Belt — Ratchet Belts and Other Modern Solutions

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Nice article on choosing a good gun belt, lots of people I know just use a regular belt and wonder why when they carry it causes the gun/holster to sag.

Just like gun holsters and finding the right (one) I’m constantly looking at different companies and what they offer in gun belts, my ED belt is a
Tucker Gun Leather belt, I have a total of 3 belts. the issue is they are extremely stiff and only one has broken in enough to be comfortable and still provide great support.

Needing to take my lady to work I had to cut my last post short and wanted to mention I also have a 1791 gun belt that is the complete opposite from the TGL belts in thickness and width but also supports a holstered gun very well.

I do have frustration with some holsters that I have that when off the belt they allow a very clean smooth draw however when they are belted and the belt is pulled tight enough to both support the holstered gun and pants the gun gets locked into the holster and is near impossible to draw.

Nice article on choosing a good gun belt, lots of people I know just use a regular belt and wonder why when they carry it causes the gun/holster to sag.

i had asked for a few opinions on gun belts, on other sites, and quite a few recommended https://www.hanksbelts.com/

must be at least 1 year now since i've had mine

i had asked for a few opinions on gun belts, on other sites, and quite a few recommended https://www.hanksbelts.com/

must be at least 1 year now since i've had mine
I've been carrying a "Hanks" tri-fold wallet since Christmas 2020. I really like it. I've used tri-folds for most of the past 50 or so years and this "Hanks" is one of the best by far.

I'm also under the impression that the NRA leather goods such as wallets and most belts from the big catelog are "Hanks" brand.

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to my wardrobe, so I switch between a brown and a black leather belt from Versacarry. They have both held up quite well, but neither one stands out as a gun belt. The Versacarry belts are more expensive than department store belts, but are on the lower end of the price range for dedicated carry belts.

I've been carrying a "Hanks" tri-fold wallet since Christmas 2020. I really like it. I've used tri-folds for most of the past 50 or so years and this "Hanks" is one of the best by far.

I'm also under the impression that the NRA leather goods such as wallets and most belts from the big catelog are "Hanks" brand.
i wanted to get a Hanks wallet, but it will simply not hold my 42 pounds of whatever is in my current 'truckers wallet", and as a result, a Hanks wallet, won't make my butt look fat.

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to my wardrobe, so I switch between a brown and a black leather belt from Versacarry. They have both held up quite well, but neither one stands out as a gun belt. The Versacarry belts are more expensive than department store belts, but are on the lower end of the price range for dedicated carry belts.
Same here same ones I have great belts

I have been using Kore Essentials belts for the past two years and have been very pleased with their comfort, ease of use and durability. I have both the Tactical 1.5" (8lb load rating) and the Western 1.5" (6lb load rating.)

Kore also makes some pretty cool western buckles and laser engraved buckles. I have a number of them that I swap out from time-to-time.

I think their belts also make pretty cool gifts; and you don't have to worry about sizing before purchasing because you trim them to fit.

Back