testtest

Untangling the Complicated Flashlight Runtime Equation

Hi,

Wow! That's a lot of geekspeak for "buy good stuff, carry spares". Still, it was good for me to learn names like CREE, Streamlight, and SureFire when it comes to LEDs and batteries. Thanks!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Just bought a new light. My Olight i3te0s switch went bad. Have had a number of Olights and every switch ends up going after a year or two.

What did I buy, another i3te0s. It still has the best interface, best run time and brightest high of any single AAA light I have found. I use energizer lithium in it for optimal runtime.

Last edited:
I change the battery annually. Check if it works every few weeks, turn on beam/strobe turn off. Will shoot 1 or 2 magazines with the use of light annually, usually right before changing battery. Thankfully I have never had to use my light for any type of defensive purpose. I'm sorry but not for sure I have enough of the cells left to give to battery life but the information was useful/beneficial. I hope my simple approach won't fail me.

Just bought a new light. My Olight i3te0s switch went bad. Have had a number of Olights and every switch ends up going after a year or two.

What did I buy, another i3te0s. It still has the best interface, best run time and brightest high of any single AAA light I have found. I use energizer lithium in it for optimal runtime.
About 4 or 5 years ago I bought a Feyachi WML with the mounts and 2 rechargeable batteries and a pressure switch. It rode on the Magpul forend of my 500 for a couple years, through 1000s of punishing rounds. Never failed. Still works, still bright as hell and I have switched out the batteries one time. The only reason it's not still on that gun right now is because the mount, or rather the MLok stuff that attached it, broke. Mounting things on the slides of pump shotguns probably isn't a great idea. Anyway I paid $40 for the light.

I have a mix of surefire and streamlight. On my rifles I am partial to Inforce lights. No wires or anything and really durable used them on my patrol rifles and those rifles have been put through the ringer with qualifications and the constant in and out of the patrol vehicles.

Back