testtest

SIX REASONS TO OWN A REVOLVER

Nice little article on 6 reasons to own a revolver, for me, there what I started out with many moons ago, plus I think there awsome.

Here’s my Six Reasons:

64D5499D-5BFD-49FD-9611-38459B950019.jpeg

Some of those items are subjective and one could make a case either way.

The one though that I’d take issue with objectively is:

“They make excellent guns for novice shooters”

I think it’s hard to make a real case that this is true. Seems like nostalgia or wishful thinking. Is a revolver with a DA trigger and 2 to 4 inch barrel (and accompanying sight radius) really better than a striker fired handgun with a 3-5 inch barrel length, lighter 5 lb trigger, and magazine loading?

Has it been back to Taurus yet? If not, it will be!
Not always true, have you ever had one? Or are you simply repeating what you have heard second hand. 90 percent of the people saying that I have asked never owned one.

I have had several taurus revolvers, one since the 80s with no issues with either.

Yes there have been duds, but it's not nearly as prevalent as popular opinion would have people believe.

Not always true, have you ever had one? Or are you simply repeating what you have heard second hand. 90 percent of the people saying that I have asked never owned one.

I have had several taurus revolvers, one since the 80s with no issues with either.

Yes there have been duds, but it's not nearly as prevalent as popular opinion would have people believe.
I had a Tracker .357 that went out of time in a couple hundred rounds. Went back, but I got rid of it after.

Last Taurus I owned.

I had a Tracker .357 that went out of time in a couple hundred rounds. Went back, but I got rid of it after.

Last Taurus I owned.
I know several people who had trouble with some in the 90s. But most I know have had no issues. My wifes 66 and the little .380 revolver have been exemplary.

I had a 90s .22 taurus that had a very tight cylinder gap, after a number of rounds it would tie up. Never really bothered me as I knew how to get it running in a few seconds. It seems that a period in the 90s was thier worst for problems in revolvers. Have no idea about thier pistols never owned or shot one nor know anyone who has to my knowledge.

Most people I ask are simply repeating things they have heard repeated 1000 times on the internet and letting others make thier opinion for them.

Oh, I sure have had one; I’ve had more than one. I’ve also had to send back Performance Center S&W’s. For the record, I can’t stand people who spout interent stories as gospel. I’m part of the 10 percent in that study you did.

Oh, I sure have had one; I’ve had more than one. I’ve also had to send back Performance Center S&W’s. For the record, I can’t stand people who spout interent stories as gospel. I’m part of the 10 percent in that study you did.

Sounds like you have had poor luck all the way around then.

I have had a Taurus model 44 for 30 years and killed a lot of deer with it. No issues. Thousands of rounds. I don’t trust their semi autos. I’ve personally had to work on a couple for friends and they seem very pedestrian.

That’s not to say there aren’t bad Taurus revolvers. Mine just isn’t one of them.

I wasn't much of a revolver fan until the last couple years. Now I have three in the safe, including one which is a 1961 S&W model 10 that was a Phoenix PD gun. There are some revolvers which blow up my skirt, and there are lots I completely don't care about.

I still want a couple more. A nice 629, maybe a Magnum Research BFR in 45-70, and a Taurus Judge or Raging Judge. Those would be a hoot.

S.C.

Nice little article on 6 reasons to own a revolver, for me, there what I started out with many moons ago, plus I think there awsome.

Have a S&W stainless 617 and a S&W blued 586... both 6". Best pair of training guns ever. After the gun safety training, the 617 teaches keeping the sight picture thru the shot with mild .22LR recoil... then the 586 with less than six rounds and .38 Special loads teaches what flinch looks like when it just goes click and to "let the gun hit you" without tensing to anticipate the shot.

Back