testtest

Would you bury a gun?

Recusant

Hellcat
Great article even if it is old; however, the political climate is still about the same. Be sure to read the comments section. Who knows, the day may yet still come.

Great article even if it is old; however, the political climate is still about the same. Be sure to read the comments section. Who knows, the day may yet still come.

I remember reading something similar awhile back, I don’t think I would do it myself, I don’t think it will ever get that bad, but honestly you just never know, good read, thanks!

Never

Only real reason they will confiscate your gun is if your a criminal.

Firearm ownership in America is too overwhelming. Cat’s been out of the bag for over 150 yrs, and is not going back in.
They can do the local “limit” on capacity, but no need to bury anything.

I dont wear tin foil hats
Or………
1661096833175.jpeg

WOULD YOU BURY A GUN?​

i'd rather bury my bro-in-law......he's useless.

but i see no reason to bury any of my stuff. mostly cuz right now, with exception to a patch of property 17' x 17', it is all paved over, and that tiny patch of "land" is my garden.

no law enforcement is coming to my house, i committed no crime(s), unless i follow thru, and bury my bro-in-law.... :unsure:

WOULD YOU BURY A GUN?​

i'd rather bury my bro-in-law......he's useless.

but i see no reason to bury any of my stuff. mostly cuz right now, with exception to a patch of property 17' x 17', it is all paved over, and that tiny patch of "land" is my garden.

no law enforcement is coming to my house, i committed no crime(s), unless i follow thru, and bury my bro-in-law.... :unsure:
I see nothing…..I know nothing……I tell nothing……..btw…..I read nothing……

When I was a kid I’d bury coins in tin cans to fool others I found treasure. It was in a Three Stooges episode. Thing is, I know I never retrieved all of those soup cans. Today, I can’t remember where I put down my reading glasses 5 minutes ago. It can happen years after you move…oh gee, did I plant a rifle under the hydrangea during the Great Reset?
I'm sure there are plenty already going this method of storage and perhaps always been. Long term outdoor underground storage is not my idea of prepping for the current chancellor’s next reichstag.

There‘s a better way to hide stuff just to keep it from thieves that doesn’t include burying outdoors. All it takes is a tiny leak or repeated freeze/thaw cycles to cause moisture buildup. Why take someone’s word, It would cost $5 to test the reliability of a 3 ft section of pvc pipe, two end caps and a hermetically sealed 30” steel pipe to conduct an experiment this fall thru spring.
The pvc pipe idea is a good storage choice for some things if they fit (I use one to protect a Stabila level), but the most despised of all - the AR won’t fit in a pipe less than 8”.

Indoor storage locations have their own set of temperature and humidity challenges too.

Never cared for those small shelf safes with the drop down compartment. Too obvious, just like the old wall safe behind the painting, if you have either, get rid of them especially if it’s the only one on the wall.

A little forethought and hiding in plain sight disguises can be just about anywhere and in anything depending on how much room and size you need for those sought after valuables.

B958C0C2-FC50-4E51-B29C-9BDE2FA1CB86.gif
It’s here somewhere, I know it…

So the author notes that they were concerned that the Gubmint was going to take away their guns in the early nineties and then in 2009 he was motivated enough to to do this little experiment and now because of a similar political climate we’re reading it again. Somebody refresh me. How many times were our guns confiscated in those 30+ years? I’m going to have to drive out of DFW at least one hundred miles in any direction to find a piece of land that’s not being developed on. So I need to know this is a probability before I go to the effort.

Meanwhile, in other real news:

When I was a kid I’d bury coins in tin cans to fool others I found treasure. It was in a Three Stooges episode. Thing is, I know I never retrieved all of those soup cans. Today, I can’t remember where I put down my reading glasses 5 minutes ago. It can happen years after you move…oh gee, did I plant a rifle under the hydrangea during the Great Reset?
I'm sure there are plenty already going this method of storage and perhaps always been. Long term outdoor underground storage is not my idea of prepping for the current chancellor’s next reichstag.

There‘s a better way to hide stuff just to keep it from thieves that doesn’t include burying outdoors. All it takes is a tiny leak or repeated freeze/thaw cycles to cause moisture buildup. Why take someone’s word, It would cost $5 to test the reliability of a 3 ft section of pvc pipe, two end caps and a hermetically sealed 30” steel pipe to conduct an experiment this fall thru spring.
The pvc pipe idea is a good storage choice for some things if they fit (I use one to protect a Stabila level), but the most despised of all - the AR won’t fit in a pipe less than 8”.

Indoor storage locations have their own set of temperature and humidity challenges too.

Never cared for those small shelf safes with the drop down compartment. Too obvious, just like the old wall safe behind the painting, if you have either, get rid of them especially if it’s the only one on the wall.

A little forethought and hiding in plain sight disguises can be just about anywhere and in anything depending on how much room and size you need for those sought after valuables.

View attachment 30036
It’s here somewhere, I know it…
you know, lot's of people toss away broken down freezers or fridges.

those can make for pretty good burial vaults.

of course the outside metal will rust, in a few years, but there are "plastic" liners in those things, that will not rust.

the rubber seals around the doors will deteriorate in time as well, but a few "wrappings around with a sealant type of tape, should keep out the moisture still.

another great burial vault, IS a burial vault, made of concrete, and the lid has a seal, that once closed, you need a prybar or jack hammer to break open.

I've always heard that if you need to bury a gun , it is time to use them. Of course I'm not sure exactly what was meant by that saying. :unsure:
;)

By the way , no I wouldn't bury a gun.

That is something internet " Boogaloo Boys" say when they are trolling reddit from their mom's basement. Not a single one of those guys would do anything except :poop: their pants if they were ever in a combat or self defense situation. My standard response to that is " Well, go on then. You first". Bassbob's plan does not include being shot to death by 45 FBI agents.

Would I bury a gun ? Maybe. I mean I won't say never. Do I think it will ever be necessary? Probably not. But again, I am not going to have a standoff with me against an army of feds because I won't give up my guns.

Back