testtest

Good eyes 👀 ditching the glasses- cataract surgery

All this great news about better seeing, etc reminded me of an old family story from years ago ....... bear with me.

My old uncle Henry was pretty feeble but aunt Matilda stayed right by his side all those years. She kept after uncle Henry to see a Dr to make his and her lives better .... so he did. Uncle Henry agreed to some needed surgery and got it done.

All went well for a while, but then things went really bad. Aunt Matilda started complaining that uncle Henry wasn't paying her any attention anymore .... you know, no attention, no intimacy, no sex, etc after his surgery. In fact it got so bad aunt Matilda actually sued the Dr for causing her mental distress and anguish claiming that uncle Henry's surgery had ruined their sex life and it was all the DR's fault. Well time went on and as you might have guessed, a trial got underway.

During the trial she testified that even at their age they were still having a pretty vital sex life several times a week, then right after the surgery, uncle Henry just seemed to stop paying her any attention. Well, uncle Henry's lawyers didn't deny the charge, but explained to the judge the only surgery uncle Henry had was to remove his cataracts.

Case was dismissed!!!

Uh huh, you know that ain't right!!! ;)

Last edited:
All this great news about better seeing, etc reminded me of an old family story from years ago ....... bear with me.

My old uncle Henry was pretty feeble but aunt Matilda stayed right by his side all those years. She kept after uncle Henry to see a Dr to make his and her lives better .... so he did. Uncle Henry agreed to some needed surgery and got it done.

All went well for a while, but then things went really bad. Aunt Matilda started complaining that uncle Henry wasn't paying her any attention anymore .... you know, no attention, no intimacy, no sex, etc after his surgery. In fact it got so bad aunt Matilda actually sued the Dr for causing her mental distress and anguish claiming that uncle Henry's surgery had ruined their sex life and it was all the DR's fault. Well time went on and as you might have guessed, a trial got underway.

During the trial she testified that even at their age they were still having a pretty vital sex life several times a week, then right after the surgery, uncle Henry just seemed to stop paying her any attention. Well, uncle Henry's lawyers didn't deny the charge, but explained to the judge the only surgery uncle Henry had was to remove his cataracts.

Uh huh, you know that ain't right!!! ;)
That’s why all the old cowboys drank high proof whiskey🤠🤠🤪

Guess I like my whiskey😏

1 hr out from going under for surgery on the other eye.

I’m really going to be able to keep up with ol @SimonRL now !!!
EDFF395C-4CCF-4A87-9EDF-415AEF1BEDE0.gif

Found out this week I'm probably gonna need cataract surgery. Instead of starting a new post, I ran a search and found this thread.

So how's everyone doing 18 months from when this thread was new? Anything I need to know, or should ask?
My wife had both of hers done almost 2 years now, one eye she had to go back to get a laser treatment done, other then that, she just noticed the floaters more now

Had mine done 2 yrs ago. Got mine set up for distance vision & need 1.25 readers.

They have close/distance lens but the Dr says the tech isn't good enough for him to recommend.

Got floaters in one within 3 months & the other within 6 mo.

The DR says they're common. If you only a a few but if t=you get a 1000 of them you better get to the DR asap.

38% of folks get a film build-up on the lens that can be lasered off. I have it but not enough to do it yet, but maybe next year.

Thanks all for the updated reports. I really appreciate them.

Same day I got the cataracts news, I heard from a close friend whose mother (85 YO) just had this done last year. She ended up with an infection in one eye which pretty much cost her all her vision in it, and the stress gave her a stroke, and she's now in hospice care and the future doesn't look bright. It really gave me pause. :(

Back