testtest

Guns of the North Hollywood Shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting article about the true events of this 1997 bank robbery. I had always thought the Micheal Mann movie "Heat" was inspired by this tragic event, but, as mentioned in this article, the movie actually came out 2 years prior and may have instead inspired the two criminals.

That story cemented the truth definition of “brazen” for me. Those were two seriously crazy dudes.
That's for sure Robotaz. I remember seeing the news clips as it was happening that day (mostly from the News helicopters). Later, I saw a documentary on it that included the entire firefight (including the one perp shooting himself in the head (it actually looked like a cop shot him in the head, but it was determined later that the bullet was from the perps gun). You even saw all the cops standing around watching the other perpetrator slowly die. I don't really know, but I think there was medical personnel already there (I can't believe they'd allow injured bystanders and cops to wait 70 minutes for medical assistance). If true, then they purposely let the perp die or he was low on the priority list having civilians and cops treated before him (not that I'm shedding any tears).

I read somewhere that the mother of one of those clowns had a lawsuit against the PD for exactly that reason.. letting her son die. Don't know how true that was.

I also remember seeing it on TV. Insane.

I read somewhere that the mother of one of those clowns had a lawsuit against the PD for exactly that reason.. letting her son die. Don't know how true that was.

I also remember seeing it on TV. Insane.
Yeah, I think I may have heard that as well jmcd. Interestingly, if you read the comments in the article, You'll see a comment from Jeff Cook, whose Uncle Herman Cook, was the Brinks Guard killed in a robbery by these two before this bank job.

1583449813879.jpeg

😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back