testtest

Springfield Stingy With Spare Parts?

When you show up and immediately begin whinging l about something that’s pretty much an issue to you alone, and then compare SA to a sub-rate manufacturer like Taurus…

Expect some pushback.

So pull on your big-boy pants.
They do compare to Taurus as they both do not sell spare parts. Not sure why this fact keeps going over your head. It's also not an issue to me alone. It has come to my attention that it's an issue to many others as well.

You wrote.
What are your thoughts on Springfield practice of not selling replacement parts, and why do you think that is?
Here are my thoughts.
When I first got my MOD-2 I had questions that were not covered in the owners manual and yes I do read those.
I got your typical lawyer cover your a$$ statements and I am reasonable sure that their corporate lawyers are advising them not to sell parts, because not knowing your ability as a gunsmith if they are installed incorrectly they would probably end up in court.
Again you asked for thoughts and I have no proof of their policies this is my opinion so go ahead and bash away.

Can't answer your question because I'm not involved in the operation of the company. Call Springfield and ask to speak to the person in charge. Question as to why they don't sell spare parts could probably be answered at that point. Simple

If you’ve got, as you claim, “multiple handguns from major manufacturers”, being without one of them for a couple weeks should be a non-issue.

PS: this issue has been discussed a few times on XD Talk…it’s nothing new, and anybody who did a little research would know it.
It is an issue for those who only own one handgun for carry or competition OR if it's their primary carry gun. I purchased the Hellcat to be my primary carry gun,e.i., not a range toy, a collectable, etc. I purchased it to fill a roll that my others did not fill, so logically, it will be an issue to be without my EDC for weeks. It's also should be unnecessary is Springfield sold spare parts like other manufactures who better support their products and customers do.

You wrote.
What are your thoughts on Springfield practice of not selling replacement parts, and why do you think that is?
Here are my thoughts.
When I first got my MOD-2 I had questions that were not covered in the owners manual and yes I do read those.
I got your typical lawyer cover your a$$ statements and I am reasonable sure that their corporate lawyers are advising them not to sell parts, because not knowing your ability as a gunsmith if they are installed incorrectly they would probably end up in court.
Again you asked for thoughts and I have no proof of their policies this is my opinion so go ahead and bash away.
That doesn't make much sense when it's industry standard with most other firearm companies to sell parts although it maybe a possible that what you say is the case. Most of the time companies cover their a$$es by saying "must be installed by a qualified gunship" when they sell parts instead of not selling any at all.

The question wasn't answered. I know they don't sell spare parts hence the reason why I posted the thread. You are stating what I already pointed out, and never answered the question.
You asked……

Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?

Many here responded with they never did, my response was probably a corporate decision.

Why they made that decision is nobody’s business except for the company as a whole.

Sell your Springfield products and buy something else made by someone else.

Problem solved.

You asked……

Why isn't Springfield supporting their products by selling spare parts and components?

Many here responded with they never did, my response was probably a corporate decision.

Why they made that decision is nobody’s business except for the company as a whole.

Sell your Springfield products and buy something else made by someone else.

Problem solved.

Again, duhh that they don't sell parts and it was a corporate decision. You are stating the obvious again. As to whether anyone here knew why they made this decision or could shed anymore light of the topic could not be know unless the question was asked. Manufacturers make a lot of decisions that where their reasoning is shares with the public.

Last edited:
7C4F6C8E-2D64-49F3-9D5B-DD295B06A7D0.jpeg

They do compare to Taurus as both companies do not sell spare parts. That's common sense.

I and many others never realized this was an issue until we needed a part replaced.

I am on XDTalk, SigTalk, GlockTalk, TaurusArmed, Smith-WessonForum, RugerForum, HKPro, ARFcom, AKFiles, TheHighRoad, DefensiveCarry, and basically all major manufacturers forums as I own multiple handguns from just about major manufacturer. What's your point? What's that have to do with the fact that Taurus and Springfield are basically the only two major manufacturers with a, IMHO, bad business pratice of not selling replacement parts to their customers?
Because Taurus CS is **** and Springfield CS is not. Taurus is **** and Springfield is not. For a guy who is Bobby Bollocks big time credentialed gun guy you seem to be the one lacking common sense. Hit the bricks troll.

Again, duhh that they don't sell parts and it was a corporate decision. You are stating the obvious again. As to whether anyone here knew why they made this decision or could shed anymore light of the topic could not be know unless the question was asked. Manufacturers make a lot of decisions that where their reasoning is shares with the public.
So Im curious as to what parts you think you need for your HellCat. I have seen the two reviews on the HellCat where it was fired 10,000 rounds and then the count went to 20,000 rounds. And I think some recoil springs were changed. ??? And my problem with the two tests was I didnt get to help. There were no part failures. So again what is it you need or think you need?

Springfield does sell parts to vendors: Brownells, MGW, Nimrich, Xdman, Xdparts, pistolgear and a dozen other websites all carry Springfield parts Including hellcat stuff. And thats not even including aftermarket parts. It literally took my two seconds to do a search.

Springfield does sell parts to vendors: Brownells, MGW, Nimrich, Xdman, Xdparts, pistolgear and a dozen other websites all carry Springfield parts Including hellcat stuff. And thats not even including aftermarket parts. It literally took my two seconds to do a search.
Thanks for posting this, was going to be my reply exactly. Now the issue is simply direct sales vs. distribution, which definitely is a corporate choice. It is also a discussion of researching for one's self vs. having people on a forum do it for you...

S&W, Colt and I know Beretta don’t sell spare parts anymore, S&W used to sometime back, Beretta never did, most parts on a S&W needs some fitting, there not drop in, so I figure the reason they don’t sell parts has something to do with they have no ideal if the person buying these parts has them installed correctly, if not and the gun has a malfunction the company isn’t responsible for it since it wasn’t returned to the factory for repair, my guess here.

When I got my Hell-Kitten I had called Customer service and the lady who fielded my call was more than happy to sell me some extra recoil springs. No hassle no problem. Received them 6 days later. My Glocks are the only weapons I own that I am certified to work on so I have a ton of extras. Recoil springs are obviously easy to change out so for all my weapons I try to keep extra recoil springs on hand. Other than a Glock if something needs work or parts done I call my local gunsmith or the weapon in question gets sent back to the factory. Just my two cents.

Ruger sells parts online, but only parts that are not restricted to factory installation. As it was explained to me years ago, liability is the key issue. If a part is not properly installed, and the your gun malfunctions causing you serious injury chances are the gun company will have a lawsuit on their hands. The company may win in court, but the PR damage has been done. The bottom line, which I learned as a kid, you can't fight city hall! :)

S&W, Colt and I know Beretta don’t sell spare parts anymore, S&W used to sometime back, Beretta never did, most parts on a S&W needs some fitting, there not drop in, so I figure the reason they don’t sell parts has something to do with they have no ideal if the person buying these parts has them installed correctly, if not and the gun has a malfunction the company isn’t responsible for it since it wasn’t returned to the factory for repair, my guess here.
👍👍👍👍👍

Beretta, Glock, Kahr, Sig, and many other manufactures sell spare factory OEM RSA, springs, extractors, firing pins, so on and so forth without an issue. They typically will have an expanded parts diagram of a gun or pistol, and then will sell basically every part except for the actual gun (frame/chassis) itself.

If I would have realized a head of time that Springfield was simular or worse than Taurus in this respect, I would not have just chose to invest in the Hellcat platform or over the P365. I would have not purchased any of their products actually.
This has been my grip with the XD line. I want to have extra parts on hand rather than having to rely on shipping it back. I would rather have it and not need it rather than needing and not having.
IMO certainly an opportunity for improvement on SA’s end.

Maybe they don't want non- qualified people working on their products. Everybody thinks they can be a gunsmith until they actually have to do it. My advice, sell your Springfields and purchase another brand.

Maybe they don't want non- qualified people working on their products. Everybody thinks they can be a gunsmith until they actually have to do it. My advice, sell your Springfields and purchase another brand.

Said no guy ever.
😏
We’re fixers by nature.
Them not wanting “ qualified individuals” working on Their products is a Cheap excuse.
Springs and others smalls can be handled by the owner. As a firearms owner you should be capable of changing out certain things as they wear.
If you own an AR I would hope you’re already doing some of this.
Maybe my expectations are to high… but I still change my own oil.

Back