testtest

New S&W Toy

N

nmedge

Picked up a NIB M&P 9mm 15 round compact 2.0 from a friend. He purchased it last year and he never fired it. He wanted rid of it and $350 dollars it was mine. Hopefully I will take it out this weekend and i'll get pictures of it. I like the M&P line of handguns and have never given me a problem.

Picked up a NIB M&P 9mm 15 round compact 2.0 from a friend. He purchased it last year and he never fired it. He wanted rid of it and $350 dollars it was mine. Hopefully I will take it out this weekend and i'll get pictures of it. I like the M&P line of handguns and have never given me a problem.
My full size M&P 9mm has over 8000 rounds through it and has never failed.

For the most part, the criticisms I seem to hear of the M&P pistols is that some people don't like the trigger, or the ergonomics, etc (all of which are personal preference), but you rarely hear of people ever having reliability issues with them. I've owned a couple M&Ps in the past, and still own one of the new M&P 10mms, and don't recall them ever not eating everything I fed them.

Fired 100 rounds thru it this morning. Pistol worked great!
IMG_1840.jpeg

v0FhLbP.jpg

Picked up my 4" M&P 2.0 Compact back during the Trump Slump for $300 NIB. Those were the good ol days. $350 in the current economy is a good price.

Threw some Trijicon night sights, Apex trigger, and I believe a Faxon threaded barrel. Will probably switch out the sites for fiber optic and add a magwell just for the hell of it. It's just a range toy for me.

v0FhLbP.jpg

Picked up my 4" M&P 2.0 Compact back during the Trump Slump for $300 NIB. Those were the good ol days. $350 in the current economy is a good price.

Threw some Trijicon night sights, Apex trigger, and I believe a Faxon threaded barrel. Will probably switch out the sites for fiber optic and add a magwell just for the hell of it. It's just a range toy for me.
It's crazy that a 4" is compact in some manufacturer's eyes and full size in others.

Went to favorite rock quarry again this morning another 100 rounds thru it and 50 rounds on the 45 Shield. It ia a cool day here and good weather for shooting. Next weekend is all the springfields turn at the firing line.

It's crazy that a 4" is compact in some manufacturer's eyes and full size in others.

Yeah, that's not compact any more than a Shield is a sub-compact.

With double stacks, the 4"-5" is Fullsize, 4" or so is Compact, and 3" or so is Sub-Compact.. G17 is fullsize, G19 is compact, G26 is subcompact, G43 is single stack or micro compact, Hellcat and P365 are considered micro compacts. That's how it's historically been.

It's the same with S&W, the Beretta APX, Px4, and 92 although they call the Compact the "Centurions," etc. It's also the same phenomenon with the Sig P320, Springfield XD line. The same with 4" HK pistols.

I can't think off of the top of my head who calls a 4" barrel/slide a fullsize.

Last edited:
Back