testtest

How Much Of A Role Does Avoiding Trouble Play In Your Overall Strategy?

I was reading a news story today about a 7-11 that was robbed a few days back in my town.

This particular 7-11 is at an intersection that is considered to be Ground Zero of the worst neighborhood in town. When that 7-11 is robbed no one is ever surprised. When there's a shooting at that intersection no one is ever surprised. When there's a murder, carjacking, the Police shoot someone at the intersection, drug bust, whatever crime No One Is Ever Surprised.

So, I was reading through the comments and I was amazed at the number of people who commented that any time they go to that 7-11 they carry a gun. What I found amazing is that they would go to that 7-11 at all.
I mean, if the place is so bad that you need a gun to go there when you wouldn't otherwise carry a gun GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!!

I remember reading a story on another forum about some idiot who drove his wife to Walmart at 1AM to buy (I'm not kidding) Moon Pies for their kids lunch!

He said he parked at the edge of the parking lot and let his wife go in alone so she could "get her steps in". Then he claimed to be surprised by the number of Zombies in the lot. Seriously? That's like going to McDonald's and being surprised that they sell hamburgers.

I'm not sure exactly how to say this but I try to structure my life in such a way that I avoid trouble rather than deal with it.

I mean, there are certain things that I do or more accurately that I don't do because I don't think the risk is worth the reward but I didn't want to start a discussion with just a list of "Don't do these things".

I mean, there are certain things that I don't do. I don't go to ATMs. Because a whole bunch of name trainers whose experience I respect all say it's a bad idea but that specific thing might not be a problem where you're at.

And the Walmart thing, around here that's not even an issue anymore because they close them all at 11:00 P.M. but the general idea is the same.
I guess some people think a Slurpee is worth fighting for. :p

I open carry and concealed carry. During the day in places I know are less likely (because nothing is ever a guarantee) to be problematic during the day light hours (notice I was talking about how bright it is). In places I'm not as familiar, I know are higher in crime rates, or it's dark, I concealed carry.

At gas stations and stores I purposely park near security cameras, especially in dark hours but at all times.

I have a tendency (as most people do) to travel to the same places on a regular basis which means I'm familiar with the area and surroundings, escape routes, etc.

My gun is on me at all times when I leave my home and is close at hand at home

I'll let you in on a little secret. The Popeyes in the hood has much better food than the ones in the nice, quiet, suburban areas. In fact after a decade of working all over north St. Louis I have to say the best food I have ever eaten is in the hood. They may be hood rats, but they know how to eat.
Good Lord. Had to re-read that. I thought you were saying it was good because they were serving hood rats. I'm all caught up now :ROFLMAO:

We use go out to San Francisco at nite to the ball games and take public transit even sometimes go got to a nice dinner in the city not anymore we don’t take Bart anymore and the city lights at nite no more that’s a shame use to be lots of fun. I do miss the city
I grew up in the city. I used to take the bus to Busch to watch Cardinal games when I was a little kid. Back then north St. Louis was bad, but the rest of the city was safe enough. Not anymore. And there is a common denominator.

My wife and I used to travel to SF for vacation and Niner games. Stayed on the Wharf and used public transportation without worry. The area around the Stick was very sketchy but was always on a gameday bus. Loved to eat at the House of Prime Rib. Started to recognize the rapid decline of the city with escalating prices and haven't been back since summer of 2017. Still travel to St. Louis for Cardinal games but stay near the ballpark (within 6 blocks)walk within a group, and no longer go anywhere that would not be game related. Growing up near St Louis I remember going to the city for games, visiting the Zoo, Italian food on The Hill, Six Flags, and the Brewery tours. Now the wife and I go to the hotel, walk to and from the game, and eat at the hotel or within walking distance . It is sad that vibrant city life has been allowed to decay in the country.

My wife and I used to travel to SF for vacation and Niner games. Stayed on the Wharf and used public transportation without worry. The area around the Stick was very sketchy but was always on a gameday bus. Loved to eat at the House of Prime Rib. Started to recognize the rapid decline of the city with escalating prices and haven't been back since summer of 2017. Still travel to St. Louis for Cardinal games but stay near the ballpark (within 6 blocks)walk within a group, and no longer go anywhere that would not be game related. Growing up near St Louis I remember going to the city for games, visiting the Zoo, Italian food on The Hill, Six Flags, and the Brewery tours. Now the wife and I go to the hotel, walk to and from the game, and eat at the hotel or within walking distance . It is sad that vibrant city life has been allowed to decay in the country.
Back in the day downtown was safe. A few years ago a vet was robbed on his way to his car after a game at Busch. Even though he handed over the money he was still shot and is now in a wheelchair for life.

Six Flags, which is about as far southwest in the county as you can get ( most of us are kinda pissed off that STL county extended their tentacles into what is by all that is good and holy Franklin or Jefferson county) is still relatively safe, though parking is damn expensive and you will notice that these days hordes of urban youths are running around like animals every time you go there.

I open carry and concealed carry. During the day in places I know are less likely (because nothing is ever a guarantee) to be problematic during the day light hours (notice I was talking about how bright it is). In places I'm not as familiar, I know are higher in crime rates, or it's dark, I concealed carry.

At gas stations and stores I purposely park near security cameras, especially in dark hours but at all times.

I have a tendency (as most people do) to travel to the same places on a regular basis which means I'm familiar with the area and surroundings, escape routes, etc.

My gun is on me at all times when I leave my home and is close at hand at home
I also carry all of the time (except work) and have my daily patterns. I try to give myself every advantage when out with the public and do my best to always be aware of my surroundings and not lose focus over distractions. There are times the wife and I go into the shady area of our town but do our best to prevent getting isolated. There is typically a large presence of LE within a few blocks during these times also.

Back in the day downtown was safe. A few years ago a vet was robbed on his way to his car after a game at Busch. Even though he handed over the money he was still shot and is now in a wheelchair for life.

Six Flags, which is about as far southwest in the county as you can get ( most of us are kinda pissed off that STL county extended their tentacles into what is by all that is good and holy Franklin or Jefferson county) is still relatively safe, though parking is damn expensive and you will notice that these days hordes of urban youths are running around like animals every time you go there.
We would always stay near the ballpark (Stouffer pops into my head) and journey out from there. I think the hotel is now empty and has a different name. Six Flags was near Eureka if memory serves. My Uncle used to work at a Chrysler (I think) plant that was near Eureka. Now we do nothing except the game/eat and travel in a group of strangers to and from.

I pulled into a Waffle House the other day, there were 15 to 20 vehicles in the parking lot and several people just standing around out back in small groups. When I got to the front of the store I noticed that the place was open, but empty. Nothing looked normal, so I turned around, left the scene and ate someplace else.

I also carry all of the time (except work) and have my daily patterns. I try to give myself every advantage when out with the public and do my best to always be aware of my surroundings and not lose focus over distractions. There are times the wife and I go into the shady area of our town but do our best to prevent getting isolated. There is typically a large presence of LE within a few blocks during these times also.

LE was nearby…but the violent feral are unconcerned when they have bidness‘ to tend to;

Now if you are still a niner fan the new stadium is in a nice area good hotels around the area but you don’t get that real old time feel of the city

The wharf was a great nostalgic place I worked down there at the old cost plus when I was 15 we catch the bus by ourselves at 10 11 o’clock no problem it was the best Italian food ever then it started to go down hill once the people started selling luggage and t shirts cheap one and the place chase out all the good Italian good vendor's end of the good old days

Back