testtest

stupid, stupid, stupid M$

I have been a Mac user now for almost 2 years, it’s never been powered down, runs 24/7, only thing I did was to get a APC battery backup, where we live now if you fart sideways, power goes out, my iPad I got from Comcast a couple years ago, they had a promotion, you pay $5.00 a month for 24 months, my iPhone came with my plan at no charge, like Bob said all very user friendly
i had a nice APU for a few years. each summer we'd have a "brown out" and that thing would kick in, but beep like hell then shut the system down. it was finally determined that the cause for the brown outs, was due to the need of a transformer for the area, as the 1 and only 1 several blocks away from my house? was serving like 25 other houses, and by the time the power got down to my end of the street?

brown outs.....

i had a nice APU for a few years. each summer we'd have a "brown out" and that thing would kick in, but beep like hell then shut the system down. it was finally determined that the cause for the brown outs, was due to the need of a transformer for the area, as the 1 and only 1 several blocks away from my house? was serving like 25 other houses, and by the time the power got down to my end of the street?

brown outs.....
The newer APC you can turn off the beep completely, which I did, it drove our cat nuts……😬

Not sure about how the Android system works but the Apple IOS is linked up my Iphone, Ipad and Mac desktop so basically among other features, if someone texts me, I get the message on both phone/iPad and Mac, and can rely from the desktop. Passwords are stored in KeyChain but never used it…which I believe requires a password to open.

I also use ‘Contacts’ as my Rolodex, User and PW’s and/or acct numbers (in a manner that is unique to me to decipher) in case I should need to use a different computer to log on. Contacts is also iCloud linked between all my Apple devices, even the oldest.

Sometimes too many attempts of entering a wrong or case sensitive PW locks you out and then requires creating a new User/PW.
Seems whenever there’s a new update, Re-logging in with PW causes the problem. So having my PW’s in another “on board” location makes the process less infuriating… if you make corrections to your list of PW’s when you change them - so I put a date on the latest or new user/password change.
One of the easier methods of logging in on many Apps incl SA is the fingerprint log-in feature, again if this is an ‘Apple only’ feature. Since I’m still on an old iOS system with iPhone 6, the ‘home button‘ that activates fingerprint ID is no longer available on the new iPhones and I’m still not ready to upgrade to the latest technological wonderment to find out if that method is still used.

The newer APC you can turn off the beep completely, which I did, it drove our cat nuts……😬
under "normal" circumstances, mine was set to "silent" as well.

but when the power from the electrical grid was lowering, to near brown out and started to shut down, the alarm would go spastic.

the cat(s) we had over the years, would hear noises, investigate, sniff, sniff, then walk away..

we even had cat(s) that liked it when the wife vacuumed them...lol

the only times they would be "scared" and jumped outta thier skin, was when the "baking timers" we had would ring when they counted down.

we'd have like 2 of them set, with 1 in the kitchen, the other 1 was with the wife, while watching tv.

dang cat(s) would be like "Claude" the tv cartoon cat, and stick to the ceilings.....

1664296396202.png

Not sure about how the Android system works but the Apple IOS is linked up my Iphone, Ipad and Mac desktop so basically among other features, if someone texts me, I get the message on both phone/iPad and Mac, and can rely from the desktop. Passwords are stored in KeyChain but never used it…which I believe requires a password to open.

I also use ‘Contacts’ as my Rolodex, User and PW’s and/or acct numbers (in a manner that is unique to me to decipher) in case I should need to use a different computer to log on. Contacts is also iCloud linked between all my Apple devices, even the oldest.

Sometimes too many attempts of entering a wrong or case sensitive PW locks you out and then requires creating a new User/PW.
Seems whenever there’s a new update, Re-logging in with PW causes the problem. So having my PW’s in another “on board” location makes the process less infuriating… if you make corrections to your list of PW’s when you change them - so I put a date on the latest or new user/password change.
One of the easier methods of logging in on many Apps incl SA is the fingerprint log-in feature, again if this is an ‘Apple only’ feature. Since I’m still on an old iOS system with iPhone 6, the ‘home button‘ that activates fingerprint ID is no longer available on the new iPhones and I’m still not ready to upgrade to the latest technological wonderment to find out if that method is still used.
i am S-L-O-W-L-Y, changing all my passwords which are nearly the same anyway, to 1 stronger password for all my places.

in fact, i cannot ever recall having any multiple passwords, just slight variations of the same one.

Back