testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

Most days, Ein is enough..
1664886545041.png

One of the best books around for cocktails.
Dale is old school 1920’s era aficionado of the proper, original cocktail.

World renowned bartender.

Traveled with him a bit for work when I was with Cointreau.

This is how you make good , original cocktails

Give me a simple beer that tastes like a beer and not all this flavored stuff, with fruity berries or jalapeños or chocolate ...

Something that drinks smooth and doesn't leave a bitter after taste in your mouth, like IPAs do.

I'm also skeptical of proper cleaning of some taps I've visited from all these new microbreweries popping up everywhere. Especially after getting terribly sick from 2 beers while out of town on business. Spent the next 2 days in the hotel room throwing up before I could fly back home. I stuck with my bottle beer while traveling after that trip years ago.

Give me a simple beer that tastes like a beer and not all this flavored stuff, with fruity berries or jalapeños or chocolate ...

Something that drinks smooth and doesn't leave a bitter after taste in your mouth, like IPAs do.

I'm also skeptical of proper cleaning of some taps I've visited from all these new microbreweries popping up everywhere. Especially after getting terribly sick from 2 beers while out of town on business. Spent the next 2 days in the hotel room throwing up before I could fly back home. I stuck with my bottle beer while traveling after that trip years ago.
On the cleaning.
I’m in the biz as I have said before.
Most bartenders are not properly trained on a proper pour. Sticking the glass up into the beer faucet filling the glass causes the foam to get back up into the faucet. That leads to mold quicker.
Here in Tx, there is a law that we must provide cleaning service to the tap system for public health. Every 2 weeks.
Also, most bars do not spend the $$ on a dedicated beer cooler. Beer and food in same walk in cooler. Food containers get placed right on top of the kegs . Well, theres always spillage on the kegs 🥴🤢

If I dont know the sanitary situation of a bar, its Bottled beer with date codes thanks.

On a side note, some establishments take cleaning seriously. Kitchen and bar. I’ll have no issues ordering draft beer.

I've already made it clear I'm a very simple man who requires only very simple pleasures ..... so when I see some of the stuff some of you folks are posting here I'm totally lost both in name and price for these products. But a few days ago I saw an advertisement for a bottle that literally left me with an empty feeling of ..... "do people actually pay this kind of price and do they actually drink this kind of liquor?

Note, nowhere did I call it whiskey, because any bottle label that spells 'whiskey' without the 'e' can't be all that!!! You can't even say the word without saying the 'E'. Yeh, I know some of you might think it just a minor thing, but whiskey without an 'E' just ain't the whiskey for me. I might pay the $36,999.99 for the bottle if it had an 'E' in the word!
Yeh.............. right !!!!!!!that whisky.jpg

I've already made it clear I'm a very simple man who requires only very simple pleasures ..... so when I see some of the stuff some of you folks are posting here I'm totally lost both in name and price for these products. But a few days ago I saw an advertisement for a bottle that literally left me with an empty feeling of ..... "do people actually pay this kind of price and do they actually drink this kind of liquor?

Note, nowhere did I call it whiskey, because any bottle label that spells 'whiskey' without the 'e' can't be all that!!! You can't even say the word without saying the 'E'. Yeh, I know some of you might think it just a minor thing, but whiskey without an 'E' just ain't the whiskey for me. I might pay the $36,999.99 for the bottle if it had an 'E' in the word!
Yeh.............. right !!!!!!!View attachment 31589
Scots are sometimes funny with their spelling. They were making whiskey/whisky for centuries before we were making it. By Scottish law, they have to spell it without an "e"....I'm not making that up...it is an actual law in Scotland!

Back