testtest

My 10mm vs. a Mountain Lion

I live in Mid-Michigan and you would think it would be the last place you would have to worry about running into a cougar. Actually there has been a young male cougar showing up on trail cameras for the last few years. A friend actually saw him in his horse pasture less than two miles from my house.

I usually carry a Dan Wesson .445 Supermag while in the wilds of Alaska for bear protection. On my last trip I carried a Glock 20 10MM in a chest rig. Wearing the chest holster carries the pistol in easy reach but does not interfere with waders or a backpack. The 16 rounds of hard cast Buffalo Bore rounds should be potent medicine for bears or other dangerous critters.

I think the young lady in the article made a wise choice in carrying the 10 MM for protection.

I live in Mid-Michigan and you would think it would be the last place you would have to worry about running into a cougar. Actually there has been a young male cougar showing up on trail cameras for the last few years. A friend actually saw him in his horse pasture less than two miles from my house.

I usually carry a Dan Wesson .445 Supermag while in the wilds of Alaska for bear protection. On my last trip I carried a Glock 20 10MM in a chest rig. Wearing the chest holster carries the pistol in easy reach but does not interfere with waders or a backpack. The 16 rounds of hard cast Buffalo Bore rounds should be potent medicine for bears or other dangerous critters.

I think the young lady in the article made a wise choice in carrying the 10 MM for protection.
Thanks so much for reading! I agree I feel much safer out there with the 10mm compared to the 9.. so important to have a good round out there!

Great article.

A very good reminder about situation awareness when out in the woods.

BTW - She's save some weight hiking if she carried a XDm 10mm vs a 1911, and have more mag capacity.
Thanks for reading! I actually like carrying a “heavier gun” .. I’m much more accurate with them and I don’t mind carrying more weight, especially since I holster it on my hip and hardly ever feel it there! A good belt and holster definitely help make it possible!

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled My 10mm vs. a Mountain Lion and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/my-10mm-vs-a-mountain-lion/.

Hi everyone 👋🏻 Bridget Fabel here, the author of this article. Thanks so much to everyone who reads and comments! The confidence that my RO elite operator 10mm gives me is priceless!! The Armory life and I are working on releasing more of my survival stories.. stay tuned! :)

Great article . Here in Southern Illinois , I herd for years there were no Bob cats nor any Cougars . Then one day ( around 1970 ) I was walking an old road bed when I came to a small mud hole about a foot in diameter . It was mostly dried up and was to the point that if stepped in would leave your impression but not distort. In the center of this mud hole was a print that looked like it had been made by one of the neighbor's **** hounds except for one thing and it took me a few minutes to realize just what I was seeing. There were no claw marks . I had on thick leather gloves and I spread my fingers out and fit them perfectly in the track.

All of a sudden my little .22 rifle just didn't feel big enough in my hands. LOL It was 1981 before I saw my first Bob cat in this area and several years later before I saw the first cougar .

The XDM is a great option, I’m a lefty and I really like the 1911 controls.. and weight doesn’t bother me on my hip!
Sounds like Springfield has a market for ambidextrous controls on the XDM! 😜

For myself personally I like to carry the least amount of weight possible while I'm in the woods because I'm mostly MTN biking.

The Elite operator 1911 is a really good looking gun and your cat is awesome btw!

Thanks for reading! I actually like carrying a “heavier gun” .. I’m much more accurate with them and I don’t mind carrying more weight, especially since I holster it on my hip and hardly ever feel it there! A good belt and holster definitely help make it possible!

Sounds good. We should use what we're comfortable with.

I forwarded your story on to a lady friend of mine that lives in the northern Front range area. She goes out and about a lot also.

Sounds like Springfield has a market for ambidextrous controls on the XDM! 😜

For myself personally I like to carry the least amount of weight possible while I'm in the woods because I'm mostly MTN biking.

The Elite operator 1911 is a really good looking gun and your cat is awesome btw!
haha ! thanks so much, my cat is a character! Something not included in this article is the fact then when my cat saw the mountain lion she looked at it like it was her mom and she wanted to run off with it! silly thing haha

Back