testtest

What Are the Best (and Worst) Makarov Pistols?

In my opnion from my experiences. The East German is the cream of the crop. I had two EG, a Bulgie and a Russian, still have one EG my nephews took the Russian and other EG. They all shoot very similar, which is to say extremely well, but the EG is much better finished and has a smoother trigger.

The article forgot the Polish com-bloc version of the Mak. I have had a Polish version of the Makarov in 9/18 it is designated a P64 and is dated 1968. I believe it was manufactured by the Polish company Radom. It's very similar to the PPK's. Excellent blued finish. Shoots great, good for CCW.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 125
The article forgot the Polish com-bloc version of the Mak. I have had a Polish version of the Makarov in 9/18 it is designated a P64 and is dated 1968. I believe it was manufactured by the Polish company Radom. It's very similar to the PPK's. Excellent blued finish. Shoots great, good for CCW.
The p64, Cz83 and 82, and the p83 Polish Wanad are fine pistols in thier own right but not Makarovs they simply fire a 9x18 Makarov cartridge. The designs however are very different. The article unless my memory fails is discussing the real Makarov design.

Last edited:
I have a Arsenal .380 marked 9X17 on slide made in Bulgaria. I believe that it was made in the late 80's. It came with 2 mags with matching serial numbers and no box. It is accurate. Note that I blanked out the last part of the serial number using photoshop.
Arsenal Makarov 9X17 Left.jpg

Arsenal Makarov 9X17 Right.jpg

The p64, Cz83 and 82, and the p83 Polish Wanad are fine pistols in thier own right but not Makarovs they simply fire a 9x18 Makarov cartridge. The designs however are very different. The article unless my memory fails is discussing the real Makarov design.
All one has to do is look at the design features and see Makarov all over it. Thanx for your expertise tho.

It’s really not a Mak; as you said, it’s more similar to a PPK.

Nice builds, but the DA trigger is atrocious…

Back