testtest

funny, but very annoying BS

OK! Nickelback :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This was long before Nickelbag. I did hang on the strip with Motley Crue, GnR and went to a bunch of beach parties in Long Beach and hung out with these guys named Bud and Brad who called themselves the Juice Brothers. They ended up calling themselves Sublime a few years later. About the time they broke nationally Brad killed himself with dope in a SF hotel room.

I see. Even though those bands are 80s/90s bands they are a bit too fresh for you old codgers. :)
Here's one. Surely some of you know who Alan Parsons is right ? He had a band in the 80s called The Alan Parsons Project. His first grab at the ring ( and in my opinion his most respected work) was producing some tracks on a Beatles Album. I'd have to look now which, but I believe it was either Let it Be or The White Album.

Anyway, I used to **** his daughter Joy. True story.

Ah the life of Bassbob. Always a few feet away from immortality.

well, at 9AM today, i was at the local AAA office, as they do DMV services.

i told the DMV gal, i needed to change plates. she said i have to go to the state building and do that, as they have no plates at the AAA offices.

i asked what form to fill out

she handed me a form. i asked can't you fill it out and submit it, then i go to the main building and get them...

she shook her head....

44 year member of AAA,

but at least she told me i had to go online and make an appointment

the DMV here started an appointment system, as to cut down the over crowding at the DMV

that's fine and dandy.....but try and find the dang link on the website to do so..>!!!!!!!!.......:mad:

so yet another google search and low and behold, the Holy Grail page........:rolleyes:

like what's the issue about NOT providing the link on the home page..??

anyways, online, i filled out a duplicate form the AAA gal gave me, all neatly printed

gonna cost me some cash to, but heck, if that guy that has my plate, gets into a hit &run, robbery, killing, the cops will come after me.

given my age and disability, i need no excitement, unless i am at the range, or buying a new 1911.

what's even worse..???

my current plates fee's are due in April

this means i'm gonna get whacked then too for renewal fee's, on the NEW PLATES...!!!!!!!

i used to think we truckers were the "cash cows", for the gooberment...

oh not true, WE ALL ARE CASH COWS for the gooberments, state, local and federal......

good thing they take Master Charge,,,,,

Do they send you new plates when you renew or just a sticker for your plates? Here in Nevada it’s just a sticker and if you want another plate # it’s $8.00 as long as you turn in your existing plates at the DMV.

They also make it easy to create an appointment online, I guess we’re fortunate here since DMV visits aren’t all that much of a hassle here.

well, at 9AM today, i was at the local AAA office, as they do DMV services.

i told the DMV gal, i needed to change plates. she said i have to go to the state building and do that, as they have no plates at the AAA offices.

i asked what form to fill out

she handed me a form. i asked can't you fill it out and submit it, then i go to the main building and get them...

she shook her head....

44 year member of AAA,

but at least she told me i had to go online and make an appointment

the DMV here started an appointment system, as to cut down the over crowding at the DMV

that's fine and dandy.....but try and find the dang link on the website to do so..>!!!!!!!!.......:mad:

so yet another google search and low and behold, the Holy Grail page........:rolleyes:

like what's the issue about NOT providing the link on the home page..??

anyways, online, i filled out a duplicate form the AAA gal gave me, all neatly printed

gonna cost me some cash to, but heck, if that guy that has my plate, gets into a hit &run, robbery, killing, the cops will come after me.

given my age and disability, i need no excitement, unless i am at the range, or buying a new 1911.

what's even worse..???

my current plates fee's are due in April

this means i'm gonna get whacked then too for renewal fee's, on the NEW PLATES...!!!!!!!

i used to think we truckers were the "cash cows", for the gooberment...

oh not true, WE ALL ARE CASH COWS for the gooberments, state, local and federal......

good thing they take Master Charge,,,,,
It was my understanding if a lic plate was lost/stolen/used during any crime or violation the DMV would replace it FREE. I’d check on that, but you‘re situation was someone entered the wrong info or surmised the info they viewed on the traffic cam was ‘close enough’ to blame your vehicle for the violation. Easy enough though could be you “lost” a plate if issued a set of two, but it’s costs a few bucks.

D8CECF19-CD0B-47A2-B257-CDE952984886.jpeg

In Ohio still get ours at the BMV, if you need or want different plates they mail them to you, but the sticker you get there. It took almost a month to get my amateur radio call sign plate.

It was my understanding if a lic plate was lost/stolen/used during any crime or violation the DMV would replace it FREE. I’d check on that, but you‘re situation was someone entered the wrong info or surmised the info they viewed on the traffic cam was ‘close enough’ to blame your vehicle for the violation. Easy enough though could be you “lost” a plate if issued a set of two, but it’s costs a few bucks.

View attachment 34887
my state doesn't do much for free. there is always a "fee" attached to every transaction(s).

in the event of a crime, (let's say) the guy that has my plate, even though it was most likely cancelled by my DMV, then a mere 4 to 6 months period goes by, they re-issued it, suppose he gets into a hit/run, 7-11 robbery, whatever, the witnesses, maybe cameras catch THAT plate number, and the cops come gunning for me....???

uh huh...not me.....i'll pay the cost of a replacement, for peace of mind. and no gang of trigger happy cops after me.

i wanna live until i die...........not die, before i live, in retirement.

in fact, a former cop i know, i just saw him minutes ago, he too said, "what if that guy commits a crime, with those plates"....he even brought that up before i did.

he personally knew of cops on his force, that were...well...trigger happy, and that was back in the day of the revolvers.

For that reason, I never dispose of my plates when the state changes them out every 8 years or so. I once sold a truck where the buyer never bothered to change the registration. Since then, the state has a added a form we can file for us to document the transaction unilaterally. As suggested above, vanity plates can help you keep control of things because in most states, you get to keep them instead of letting them go with the car. In most states, amateur radio operator plates are free or at nominal cost so it almost is worth getting your amateur license just to get the call letter plates. In Texas, you can have up to 3 vehicles with the same amateur radio operator call sign including on a travel trailer.

The only down 2 sides I experienced was that the Toll Tag company in Texas kept canceling one vehicle or the other because their system could not handle duplicate tags. They fixed this about 2 years ago after I hounded the tar out of them. The other was when I got stopped for a burned out headlight and the local officer pulled up my truck instead of the car. Fortunately, I had my registration in the car and had to politely school him on Texas registration laws turning the stop into a non-issue.

For that reason, I never dispose of my plates when the state changes them out every 8 years or so. I once sold a truck where the buyer never bothered to change the registration. Since then, the state has a added a form we can file for us to document the transaction unilaterally. As suggested above, vanity plates can help you keep control of things because in most states, you get to keep them instead of letting them go with the car. In most states, amateur radio operator plates are free or at nominal cost so it almost is worth getting your amateur license just to get the call letter plates. In Texas, you can have up to 3 vehicles with the same amateur radio operator call sign including on a travel trailer.

The only down 2 sides I experienced was that the Toll Tag company in Texas kept canceling one vehicle or the other because their system could not handle duplicate tags. They fixed this about 2 years ago after I hounded the tar out of them. The other was when I got stopped for a burned out headlight and the local officer pulled up my truck instead of the car. Fortunately, I had my registration in the car and had to politely school him on Texas registration laws turning the stop into a non-issue.
my "best guess" is that who ever originally had this plate, either did not pay any renewal fee's, owed taxes, failed state inspection, or had a large amount of tickets.

then after about 4-6 months, my state did what it did best, re-issue the plate for the next person. from there, the original owner either sold that plate, or just gave it away, to whomever.

that's my state, they could not think of new numbers, so like a Hollywood producer..??

"let's remake it"......

now, for the past 2 years, new plates and numbering have been going on.

so instead of say, AG-241

they now have 1AG-241...or 4AG-241..........they will now go thru the alphabet

i like california's way, from sales lot, to grave, that plate stays on the car, except vanity plates.

well that was rather quick and painless and NOT expensive today.

you all know those VERY LONG lines at the DMV..??

here, they are doing a system which actually works.

you go online, find what you need done, and make an appointment

you get a confirmation email or text.

you show up 10-15 minutes before your appointment, then you check in at the main desk

then you may have to sign the forms, or answer verbal questions, then you get a number.

they call numbers for each persons transactions.

i was in/out in under 30 minutes, mostly due to ne and the guy helping me were talking about stuff, more than anything else..... :ROFLMAO:

only cost me $22.50 for a new set of plates, (here we must have 2 on our vehicles, except motorcycles)

then come April, my normal time to renew the tags/plates, i pay my normal fee's...

i think that is up to $90 for 2 years.

the guy also did a check on my now former plates, and the last owner cancelled them in 2013...so, he either kept those plates, or gave them away to someone.

in any event, the new plates i got today, have never been on a vehicle, so there are NO duplicates.

now, should that guy rob a 7-11....????

i ain't got no worries.

unless he robbed one last night......then i am so

one-shiny-screw-isolated-on-white-background-CF5352.jpg

Back