testtest

Best concealed carry hostlers? Preferably the waist band

I prefer OWB, outside waistband, carry, and carry behind the strong side hip. Right now am using a Stoner dual position strong side or cross draw
20220415_095900.jpg
holster.

I have used Foxx Lil Foxx IWB, inside waistband, holsters in the past.

I carry outside the waistband 90% of the time...I prefer a leather holster over Kydex etc. for both comfort and concealability...Kydex tends to protrude and make concealment more difficult at times.... I also prefer a slotted holster over the clip on ones...Last few years I have gotten Azula leather holsters exclusively....very good quality, fit close to the body and they are reinforced at the top where the weapon enters which prevents them from collapsing when weapon is drawn and makes reholstering much easier...You may want to consider something with a sweat shield so weapon is not in direct contact with your skin....think they are worth a look....Good luck

Attachments

• Azula.JPG
    Azula.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
For IWB strong side (Walther PDP 4” Compact W/ Green Dot) 2 of my favorites are:

Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.5, this is a pancake style holster with a Kydex shell and neoprene inner, very comfortable, conceals well and is easy to adjust height and cant.

Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.5

Muddy River Tactical: IWB Kydex with dual soft loops, just got this last week, love the comfort and concealment, the loops are nice too since no risk of snagging on cover garment.

Muddy River Tactical IWB Kydex

Outside Waistband Leather:
MTR Custom Leather or We The People
Inside Waistband Leather:
MTR Custom Leather
Outside Waistband Hybrid:
Exarchy or Crossbreed
Inside Waistband Hybrid:
Crossbreed or Exarchy
Outside Waistband Kydex:
Muddy River Tactical
Inside Waistband Kydex:
We The People

These are a few of my favorites. If you are not in a hurry El Paso Saddlery and Tucker Gunleather make very nice
leather holsters. Whichever you choose just realize, that is your entry into the holster rabbit hole. :)

Some observations from my (and other's) experience:
1. Buy your accessories now (Light, Red Dot, etc) to reduce your holster expense.
2. Clear out a closet to make room for the multitude of holsters you will purchase.
3. Don't even consider an off body carry option. You will not have the extra time to get to it.
4. Once you decide comfortable carry location, don't vary the location and practice often.
5. Keep a loaded gun in a holster as much as possible when handling it.
6. Perfect your draw from that holster until it is second nature.

Some observations from my (and other's) experience:
1. Buy your accessories now (Light, Red Dot, etc) to reduce your holster expense.
2. Clear out a closet to make room for the multitude of holsters you will purchase.
3. Don't even consider an off body carry option. You will not have the extra time to get to it.
4. Once you decide comfortable carry location, don't vary the location and practice often.
5. Keep a loaded gun in a holster as much as possible when handling it.
6. Perfect your draw from that holster until it is second nature.
6.1 …with an unloaded firearm.

Even folks like us make mistakes. Got a hole in my wall to prove it.

I use Vedder kydex for OWB carry. I use leather for IWB carry. I just recently got a leather IWB from Muddy River Tactical after reading suggestions on here myself and recommendations. I'll soon be ordering more from them. Thanks BASSBOB. As mentioned previously like most of us here you'll soon find yourself having a box of all different holsters of all different types, leather, kydex or combination. I carry at the 4 or 5 o'clock position. As Okie here said MAKE SURE-CHECK and DOUBLE CHECK that the weapon is NOT LOADED... CAN NEVER EVER be SAFE ENOUGH. Good luck in your quest... Oh and Greetings from Pennsylvania...

Holsters are a slippery slope.

I bought a Versa OWB only to find that I liked IWB better so I picked up a We The People IWB only to kick the tires on an Alien Gear 3.5, and that should have been enough.

But noooo

I followed up with a Windhill AIWB rig only to decide I wanted to add a Streamlight and Vortex Venom which has led me to Bare Arms for one that meets my needs.

So please, pick up all the “add-ons” before deciding and you will save yourself the headache and the costs.

Unicast me if you have more questions or want any of the OWB gear that I mentioned.

I carry outside the waistband 90% of the time...I prefer a leather holster over Kydex etc. for both comfort and concealability...Kydex tends to protrude and make concealment more difficult at times.... I also prefer a slotted holster over the clip on ones...Last few years I have gotten Azula leather holsters exclusively....very good quality, fit close to the body and they are reinforced at the top where the weapon enters which prevents them from collapsing when weapon is drawn and makes reholstering much easier...You may want to consider something with a sweat shield so weapon is not in direct contact with your skin....think they are worth a look....Good luck
Thanks for the heads up on Azula-I checked out their site and was quite impressed with the selection.

Congrats on your choice to carry concealed.
An XD 9 is a good firearm and you should be able to carry it inside the pants or outside the pants.

A Versacarry is a good inexpensive holster to see if you like carrying outside the pants.
Muddy River Tactical makes good outside the pants and inside the pants holsters.
I'd also recommend Theis holsters in Conway, Arkansas. He makes hybrid holsters(leather back, kydex shell).

Whichever method you decide to carry, get a good leather gun belt(with the plastic in between the leather sides). Most firearm people I know have at least 2 good gun belts, some have 3 or more.

Back