testtest

Sunday was Gun day

USMC1911

Elite
I made it to the Range early today and shot some of the S & B ammo. It was great ammo like everyone said. My SIG 220 ran flawless with the S&B .45. I also got to try out the reactive targets that I was told about here in the Forum. Looking forward to reloading the Brass from the S&B ammo. I also ordered some in 9mm for future Range days.

Attachments

• A864F27C-3380-4BA3-96F0-2AD31E6BF49D.jpeg
    A864F27C-3380-4BA3-96F0-2AD31E6BF49D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • D4DADA32-5EB4-4374-9D04-21B4753CC81A.jpeg
    D4DADA32-5EB4-4374-9D04-21B4753CC81A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • 6C4DE51C-1A7C-4A92-ADCB-C456959E1C34.jpeg
    6C4DE51C-1A7C-4A92-ADCB-C456959E1C34.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • 2F9B5C16-7649-4A60-9BA0-919B4E4C35CA.jpeg
    2F9B5C16-7649-4A60-9BA0-919B4E4C35CA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 74671311-1B16-4F45-85C4-20C93656484D.jpeg
    74671311-1B16-4F45-85C4-20C93656484D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
Hi @USMC1911,

Nice work! Are those 3" reactive targets? Good shooting. I'm not ready for those yet. I'm still using the 4" and 8" reactive targets. I hit them most of the time. ;)

I guess the weather was a bit too chilly for @ex13F. :D I wish I could get to an outdoor range in this weather. I'm still looking for one in my area. Indoors is nice but I'd like to practice in the fresh are and sunshine (or lack thereof) too. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi @USMC1911,

Nice work! Are those 3" reactive targets? Good shooting. I'm not ready for those yet. I'm still using the 4" and 8" reactive targets. I hit them most of the time. ;)

I guess the weather was a bit too chilly for @ex13F. :D I wish I could get to an outdoor range in this weather. I'm still looking for one in my area. Indoors is nice but I'd like to practice in the fresh are and sunshine (or lack thereof) too. :ROFLMAO:

BassCliff
So we all know the aim small miss small saying, I think there’s definitely something to it. Top target is AP5 at 25 yds on 4 in target, lower is AP5 at 20 yds on 3 in target. I shot this yesterday. 25 rds each.
1B163635-2C6D-47FF-AF1B-60C9D0A138FE.jpeg

Hi,

So we all know the aim small miss small saying, I think there’s definitely something to it. Top target is AP5 at 25 yds on 4 in target, lower is AP5 at 20 yds on 3 in target. I shot this yesterday. 25 rds each.
View attachment 35428

Not to hijack the thread but this is exactly why I've incorporated 4" reactive circles into my practice routine. I'm still training for self defense and "combat" accuracy but during pure marksmanship practice I will do more "aim small, miss small". When I can get a whole magazine (16 rounds) inside 4" then I'll move from 10 yards to 15 and start all over again. 😉

BassCliff

I made it to the Range early today and shot some of the S & B ammo. It was great ammo like everyone said. My SIG 220 ran flawless with the S&B .45. I also got to try out the reactive targets that I was told about here in the Forum. Looking forward to reloading the Brass from the S&B ammo. I also ordered some in 9mm for future Range days.
Good shooting, nothing better then center mass,
I’ve also been stocking up on ammunition, mainly defensive loads and I’ve also had great reliability with S&B and have a fair amount in all the calipers in my collection especially 10mm

I need to get to the range with all my guns, right now I’m
rebuilding/re-enforcing the cardboard target stand I use at the outdoor range.

I went Saturday. Outdoors, temperature in the upper 20s. 4" through 12" steel gongs at various distances and angles. Some pallets strewn around for simulated cover. Various drills with handgun, shotgun and carbine. went through a lot of ammo. I'm still recovering. lol

I put 49 of 52 hits on a 4" gong at 25 yards in less than a minute with Simon's old P30L.
83yMObj.jpg

The Beretta 1301 is insane. 510C on top and it just doesn't miss. Several targets engaged simultaneously while moving back and forth between simulated cover. "4 buck, 00B and 1 oz Truball slugs. Somewhere around 190 shells total.
jC3HJXf.jpg

When I left the range it had warmed up to about 35 degrees. I blew some pieces off of my steel target stands, but I discovered that the steel I used to cut into various gongs must be pretty good because the green tips barely put a dent in them. I mostly blew chains off with the buckshot.

The owner of the club told me they recently lost their welder ( to old age) and asked if I could take over repair of their target stands, to which I agreed. When I got home I welded some new chains on. I am going to need to find a better way to hook the gongs to the chains though. I was using hooks from bungee cords and I spent too much time reshaping them and re-hanging the gongs. The weight of the gongs being forced backwards by the hits stretches out the hooks. I'll have it figured out by the weekend.

I went Saturday. Outdoors, temperature in the upper 20s. 4" through 12" steel gongs at various distances and angles. Some pallets strewn around for simulated cover. Various drills with handgun, shotgun and carbine. went through a lot of ammo. I'm still recovering. lol

I put 49 of 52 hits on a 4" gong at 25 yards in less than a minute with Simon's old P30L.
83yMObj.jpg

The Beretta 1301 is insane. 510C on top and it just doesn't miss. Several targets engaged simultaneously while moving back and forth between simulated cover. "4 buck, 00B and 1 oz Truball slugs. Somewhere around 190 shells total.
jC3HJXf.jpg

When I left the range it had warmed up to about 35 degrees. I blew some pieces off of my steel target stands, but I discovered that the steel I used to cut into various gongs must be pretty good because the green tips barely put a dent in them. I mostly blew chains off with the buckshot.

The owner of the club told me they recently lost their welder ( to old age) and asked if I could take over repair of their target stands, to which I agreed. When I got home I welded some new chains on. I am going to need to find a better way to hook the gongs to the chains though. I was using hooks from bungee cords and I spent too much time reshaping them and re-hanging the gongs. The weight of the gongs being forced backwards by the hits stretches out the hooks. I'll have it figured out by the weekend.
Hmmmm is he going to give you free range time???

I started using cables and clamps. High tensile 1/8- 3/16" cables, because they are fine and harder to hit and move easier than chain. If they hang slightly down (slope) it's good and cause it to be more safe at close distances. That or use angle iron and use rebar for a hanger. I've also use rebar and shaped it like a S and it'll last a long time!

Back