testtest

Feinstein Leads The Charge On A New Assault Weapons Ban

add her with beetlejuice from chicago and you have a comedy!
Nope, nether one is a laughing matter.
1675123543596.gif

1675123502110.gif

Poster child for term limits
They're all poster children for term limits.

Everyone from the president to the county dog catcher
I am against term limits, Term Limits are for people that have given up. We do have Term Limits they are called elections.

My best example is Ron DeSantis, our governor. We just elected him in for his second and last four year term, now he is termed out. In 28 years here in Florida, he is the best governor that I have seen here and I want to keep him for the next twenty+ years, but we can't because of term limits.

Term limits are incorrectly trying to fix the problem with people not picking the right person for the elected office to start with, just like gun bans are trying to fix the crime/shooting/killing problem. Prohibition did not work.
Be careful, you can shoot yourself in the foot with term limits.
1675124567522.gif

1675125886569.gif

Last edited:
The Founding Fathers feared entrenchment of a permanent political class but stopped short of implementing term limits. Rotation of offices was thought to be a good thing. There were concerns of corruption and elected officials becoming indifferent to the needs of citizens.

We have the permanent ruling class that many of the Founders feared. We are frustrated by a Congress that continues doing stupid but continue putting the same corrupt idiots back into office. The Founders envisioned elected officials would go represent their constituents for a while and then go back to their farms and regular jobs. Instead we have so many Congress critters who are working to serve themselves. I constantly ask, how can a representative earning $174k a year in D.C. become a multi-millionaire?

Many of these people have no skills or abilities or intelligence to function outside elected office. We say we should vote them out of office, but the parties decide who will be on the ticket and who will be funded so your choices are limited. Young idealists who want to serve rarely get a shot, though I am encouraged with the number of veterans being elected. Trump did an end run on the political system and they hate him for it.

Florida implemented term limits more than 20 years ago and while not perfect it went a long way to clean up corruption in state government and keep the water fresh. Florida has signed on for a convention of states and DeSantis and Rubio support term limits

I generally avoid political debates.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe there's a political solution to the problems America is facing today.

The founders didn't impose term limits but they did leave us a mechanism to make adjustments when we ran into situations that they couldn't possibly foresee.

When Roosevelt died there was a constitutional amendment term limiting the president to two terms. The rationale was no one man should be in the office of the President more than 8 years it was too much power for one person.

Diane Feinstein has been in office for over 30 years, Nancy Pelosi has been in office for over 35 years. If the president has too much power after 8 years how much power do they have after 3 decades?

1. I don't believe in America will ever term limit the Senate or the House of Representatives.

But I think we should. The same as the President you do two terms and then you go back and you live under the laws that you created.

I also think that once you leave office you should not be allowed to become a lobbyist.

I generally avoid political debates.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe there's a political solution to the problems America is facing today.

The founders didn't impose term limits but they did leave us a mechanism to make adjustments when we ran into situations that they couldn't possibly foresee.

When Roosevelt died there was a constitutional amendment term limiting the president to two terms. The rationale was no one man should be in the office of the President more than 8 years it was too much power for one person.

Diane Feinstein has been in office for over 30 years, Nancy Pelosi has been in office for over 35 years. If the president has too much power after 8 years how much power do they have after 3 decades?

1. I don't believe in America will ever term limit the Senate or the House of Representatives.

But I think we should. The same as the President you do two terms and then you go back and you live under the laws that you created.

I also think that once you leave office you should not be allowed to become a lobbyist.
Consider how different things would be today if Biden had limited out in 1980

Consider how different things would be today if Biden had limited out in 1980
FB_IMG_1614995526998.jpg

That's why I avoid political discussions. According to this book that I've been reading I don't think things would be that much different. We just wouldn't know who Joe Biden was but it would be somebody else.

You could resurrect every single one of the founders and put them back in charge of the country and I don't think it would change anything.

View attachment 35986

That's why I avoid political discussions. According to this book that I've been reading I don't think things would be that much different. We just wouldn't know who Joe Biden was but it would be somebody else.

You could resurrect every single one of the founders and put them back in charge of the country and I don't think it would change anything.
2 Timothy 3?

Indeed when the country was founded we had "citizen statesmen" which were part time politicians. Most of the time they were home tending to their business ventures and they met once a year to conduct the country's business. Getting rich off of their political influence never came into the picture like we have it today. As was said how do they get rich?
Explain Schumer who has been a professional politician since he graduated law school. Never did an actual days work in his life and is a multimillionaire. Yeah nothing dirty going on there. I apologize to the country as both he and I are from NY but I never voted for him not once.

2 Timothy 3?
Would you care to elaborate?.

The Bible is clear that unless the government is asking us to sin against God we're supposed to obey it. That thread runs all the way through the Bible new testament and old testament.

But another thread that also runs all the way through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is that this world is going to end. It and everything in it is going to pass away.

At some point God will judge the world. And he'll start by bringing the tribulation. I think we're getting pretty close to that.
That's why I don't think there are any political solutions to our problems

Term limits are ok, but there’s more to be considered.

There are term limited-mandatory retirements for Fed First Responders, as well as local FR’s and also commercial pilots all based basically on abilities, risks to provide service safely. No such order for the elected or judiciary, and these entitled even get much better benefits.

If term limits and mandatory retirement were to apply to Congress or Courts, consider the current elected, and then the current pool of intellect thats in the manic politically correct weirdo-woke generation.

We all can complain about PITA cobwebbed Nancy, Chuck and Diane, but what can be expected if our already dire state Nation is left to be run on policies from the likes of an AOC and in fairness, a Santos?

Back