testtest

Where are the SA-35's?

The only defined Made in USA threshold is in the Made in America Act (in FTC doc) that states that a product must have more than 50% made in the US for the Federal govt to buy it. So, 50.00001% would qualify.

The rest of the discussion in the FTC doc is undefined and subjective (aka Wishy Washy), and relies on FTC enforcement.

Yes. I did…and it expressly says that “Made in the USA” marked items can have foreign-made components.

Perhaps you need to read it again.
"When a manufacturer or marketer makes an unqualified claim that a product is Made in USA, it should have — and rely on — a “reasonable basis” to support the claim at the time it is made. This means a manufacturer or marketer needs competent and reliable evidence to back up the claim that its product is “all or virtually all” made in the U.S."

I cant believe I have to explain this to grown men. I did re-read it, turns out, youre still wrong. The slide/frame etc. are massive main parts of the firearm. If that was true, then Springfield is lying. If thats your hill to die on over some random comments you breeze read over, then youre a poster child for "Its on the internet, it must be true."

From FTC regs pages 20-21. Note italics/underlined parts

II. Background

Both the FTC and the U.S. Customs Service have responsibilities related to the use of country-of-origin claims. While the FTC regulates claims of U.S. origin under its general authority to act against deceptive acts and practices, foreign-origin markings on products (e.g., “Made in Japan”) are regulated primarily by the U.S. Customs Service (“Customs” or “the Customs Service”) under the Tariff Act of 1930. Specifically, Section 304 of the Tariff Act, 19 U.S.C. § 1304, administered by the Secretary of the Treasury and the Customs Service, requires that all products of foreign origin imported into the United States be marked with the name of a foreign country of origin. Where an imported product incorporates materials and/or processing from more than one country, Customs considers the country of origin to be the last country in which a “substantial transformation” took place. A substantial transformation is a manufacturing or other process that results in a new and different article of commerce, having a new name, character and use that is different from that which existed prior to the processing. Country-of-origin determinations using the substantial transformation test are made on a case-by-case basis through administrative determinations by the Customs Service.

The FTC also has jurisdiction over foreign origin claims in packaging insofar as they go beyond the disclosures required by the Customs Service (e.g., claims that supplement a required foreign origin marking, so as to represent where additional processing or finishing of a product occurred). In addition, the Commission has jurisdiction over foreign-origin claims in advertising, which the U.S. Customs Service does not regulate.

Where Customs determines that a good is not of foreign origin (i.e., the good undergoes its last substantial transformation in the United States), there is generally no requirement that it be marked with any country of origin. For most goods, neither the Customs Service nor the FTC requires that goods made partially or wholly in the United States be labeled with Made in USA or any other indication of U.S. origin. The fact that a product is not required to be marked with a foreign country of origin does not mean that it is permissible to promote that product as Made in USA. The FTC will consider additional factors, beyond those considered by the Customs Service in determining whether a product is of foreign origin, in determining whether a product may properly be represented as Made in USA.

This statement is intended to address only those issues related to U.S. origin claims. In developing appropriate country-of origin labeling for their products, marketers are urged also to consult the U.S. Customs Service’s marking regulations.

"When a manufacturer or marketer makes an unqualified claim that a product is Made in USA, it should have — and rely on — a “reasonable basis” to support the claim at the time it is made. This means a manufacturer or marketer needs competent and reliable evidence to back up the claim that its product is “all or virtually all” made in the U.S."

I cant believe I have to explain this to grown men. I did re-read it, turns out, youre still wrong. The slide/frame etc. are massive main parts of the firearm. If that was true, then Springfield is lying. If thats your hill to die on over some random comments you breeze read over, then youre a poster child for "Its on the internet, it must be true."
Not internet…….Gun Digest The Magazine……you can read it, but in your view it’s not true, or partially true, but Springfield is the absolute truth…….no hear say……

From FTC regs pages 20-21. Note italics/underlined parts

II. Background

Both the FTC and the U.S. Customs Service have responsibilities related to the use of country-of-origin claims. While the FTC regulates claims of U.S. origin under its general authority to act against deceptive acts and practices, foreign-origin markings on products (e.g., “Made in Japan”) are regulated primarily by the U.S. Customs Service (“Customs” or “the Customs Service”) under the Tariff Act of 1930. Specifically, Section 304 of the Tariff Act, 19 U.S.C. § 1304, administered by the Secretary of the Treasury and the Customs Service, requires that all products of foreign origin imported into the United States be marked with the name of a foreign country of origin. Where an imported product incorporates materials and/or processing from more than one country, Customs considers the country of origin to be the last country in which a “substantial transformation” took place. A substantial transformation is a manufacturing or other process that results in a new and different article of commerce, having a new name, character and use that is different from that which existed prior to the processing. Country-of-origin determinations using the substantial transformation test are made on a case-by-case basis through administrative determinations by the Customs Service.

The FTC also has jurisdiction over foreign origin claims in packaging insofar as they go beyond the disclosures required by the Customs Service (e.g., claims that supplement a required foreign origin marking, so as to represent where additional processing or finishing of a product occurred). In addition, the Commission has jurisdiction over foreign-origin claims in advertising, which the U.S. Customs Service does not regulate.

Where Customs determines that a good is not of foreign origin (i.e., the good undergoes its last substantial transformation in the United States), there is generally no requirement that it be marked with any country of origin. For most goods, neither the Customs Service nor the FTC requires that goods made partially or wholly in the United States be labeled with Made in USA or any other indication of U.S. origin. The fact that a product is not required to be marked with a foreign country of origin does not mean that it is permissible to promote that product as Made in USA. The FTC will consider additional factors, beyond those considered by the Customs Service in determining whether a product is of foreign origin, in determining whether a product may properly be represented as Made in USA.

This statement is intended to address only those issues related to U.S. origin claims. In developing appropriate country-of origin labeling for their products, marketers are urged also to consult the U.S. Customs Service’s marking regulations.
"The fact that a product is not required to be marked with a foreign country of origin does not mean that it is permissible to promote that product as Made in USA. The FTC will consider additional factors, beyond those considered by the Customs Service in determining whether a product is of foreign origin, in determining whether a product may properly be represented as Made in USA."

I believe the comment was that the slide, etc is forged in Turkey, but milled in the US.

I’m curious how come you’re the only person in this ridiculously redundant post who insists on talking down to everyone?

Not internet…….

I heard from a "reliable source" that Elvis isnt dead, he roams Las Vegas as himself for a few bucks.

I believe the comment was that the slide, etc is forged in Turkey, but milled in the US.

I’m curious how come you’re the only person in this ridiculously redundant post who insists on talking down to everyone?
So far Simon ive been called lacking in knowledge, ignorant, and a troll for purely not believing "randomuser43523" and a one off article refusing to site a source. Only thing ive said is gullible and grown men.

1675364863288.gif

They are two parts out of about 50.

"The fact that a product is not required to be marked with a foreign country of origin does not mean that it is permissible to promote that product as Made in USA. The FTC will consider additional factors, beyond those considered by the Customs Service in determining whether a product is of foreign origin, in determining whether a product may properly be represented as Made in USA."
n5ebMxv.gif

Back