testtest

Did You Know the Mil-Spec Could Do This?

I believe Roy’s point is that these have a beneficial place on the range when developing loads for or testing the accuracy of factory ammo in different firearms. That’s where they have a definite benefit for me. I’m quite certain that no one with any common sense or practical experience, particularly Roy, would suggest that you walk around town carrying concealed or attend a pistol class or compete in a match with one plastered on your eye ware, the presumption of which is a ludicrous attempt by someone uninformed to gain notariety by “one upping” a man of vastly more experience. The world is full of arm chair quarterbacks…
I wanted to thank everyone for their kind welcome here and compliments. I know some people have trouble believing what they read in gun magazines isn’t anything more than stroking manufacturers. But as someone who ran Handgunner for 20 years and was publisher of FMG’s consumer magazines (incluing Guns Magazine) everything landing in the pages had to pass a very critical eye from me and senior writers. If it didn’t pass muster, it didn’t go in. I have always felt a strong moral and ethical obligation to fellows like you who pay hard money to read what we say. I’ve never intended to let anyone down, nor have the senior staffers who write. There are reasons you don’t see many names in the table of contents. My first “gun article” was in the very early 1980s and it’s hard to believe I’m still here doing it! Thanks again for your warm welcome! Roy Huntington

Agreed on the dots. I've found cross-hairs always allow much more precise aiming and it's what I tried to use when putting optics on a gun to test for an article in Handgunner. Try one of those Eyepalusa add-ons for your glasses. They honestly work great. Roy H.
The older I get the more I recognize the advantages and pleasures of rural life. I'm a city kid raised in the city (Tampa, FL) by my mom, so I didn't have a dad around to tell me the way of things. Life isn't terrible in north Alabama, but can't shoot when I want to (although I have let off a few rounds from my XDM Elite Tactical with the suppressor on it he he he. Still - something to work toward. :)(y)

The older I get the more I recognize the advantages and pleasures of rural life. I'm a city kid raised in the city (Tampa, FL) by my mom, so I didn't have a dad around to tell me the way of things. Life isn't terrible in north Alabama, but can't shoot when I want to (although I have let off a few rounds from my XDM Elite Tactical with the suppressor on it he he he. Still - something to work toward. :)(y)
I can vouch for the country life as well. I retired 4 years ago and made a b-line out of the urban West Texas area I’d spent most of my life in to a place in rural North Texas. Here I’ve built two ranges, one short and one long where I can play, test, or practice with anything in the iron stable by literally walking out my front or back door. It is in fact, for a gun crank, a dream come true!

I can vouch for the country life as well. I retired 4 years ago and made a b-line out of the urban West Texas area I’d spent most of my life in to a place in rural North Texas. Here I’ve built two ranges, one short and one long where I can play, test, or practice with anything in the iron stable by literally walking out my front or back door. It is in fact, for a gun crank, a dream come true!
I admit I'm a little jealous now :ROFLMAO:

Back