testtest

Armscor/RIA VRF-14

RIA sells a ridiculous looking 19 round banana mag for their 12 gauge line that's almost 2ft long.

You can also find 20-25 round drums online though they can get heavy when loaded with foster slugs.

Have seen some of those, can be very heavy, almost comical monsters. Dual drums, still comical in a way, (Don't ask me why, my head may be in the gutter again? :)) can help with the length verses mags, but the weights still there. 10 - 12 rounds average is more doable. 10 rounders are fairly big as it is is in comparison with avg. rifle mag. About same length as 30 rounder rifle mags.

Double drum magazine | Armed.... | Pinterest
Pin on Weapons and such
Pin on Submachine GUN.

Last edited:
Mossberg 590M have capacities of 5, 10, 15, 20 (I have 10 rds, and it’s not too bulky), Remington 870DM have capacities of 3 & 6 (I have the 6 rds and it’s not bulky at all).

Yup, was generalizing at 10 rnds. 10 round magss are easily manageable to many people, not really too bulky or too heavy to handle. Not much different than 5 rnd SG mags, about twice the length and weight. But, if considering they're only 10 rounds, that may seem to be bulky. And, then if increasing mag's size and capacity above that? 12 Ga. shot shells can get bulky quick in comparison to most other ammo. Depending on shell and person, fairly heavy too.

I just recently acquired one, and I find it quite enjoyable. It certainly will give you lessons in physics! The heavier the magazine, the more manageable it appears to be. And on my frame, it seems to be much better with a non-bungee sling that I can press into to help to quell the recoil. That’s making me think I want to try the 25 round drum. I am not a real big guy, and I find the 7 1/2 low brass sport loads to be adequate for my uses. I’ve only tried a couple of high base, and I found them very uncomfortable. Further, I have a Tri beam laser coming, that I am quite excited about. I hope it will correlate at least somewhat to the shot group at different ranges. I will report more as I learn it. - oh. And first post FNG - hi!

Any insight into a light primer strike on VRF14, but single fed round fires like it’s supposed to. It feeds, but then light stokes the primer. I’ve put 4 rounds down range single feed brand new. Just needs to break in?

Any insight into a light primer strike on VRF14, but single fed round fires like it’s supposed to. It feeds, but then light stokes the primer. I’ve put 4 rounds down range single feed brand new. Just needs to break in?
It seems that a break in period is very necessary for many of these. This was not my experience.

Update! Got a Beamshot Tri laser and mounted it on my VRF-14. It does a really good job of estimating the pattern size at different distances. With 7 1/2 shot at home defense range it is damningly accurate. Don’t know or care about 50-75 yards, my house ain’t that big. 😂
B72A136E-5BB1-400E-827D-F5C3DFC5D543.jpeg

I don't have any experience with the VRF14, but it appears to be similar to one of my builds (only in semi-auto). I bought a magazine-fed Remington 870DM Tac-14 when retailers were clearing out the DM series for insanely low prices. I threw on an SB Tactical brace to create my 12 gauge, magazine-fed, firearm. It's fun to shoot, but it isn't really any more practical than any other home-security sized shotgun.

I like interesting designs, so I might actually pick up a VRF14 if I find one at the right price. I don't have anything against semi-auto shotguns, but I've always found traditional pump-actions to offer a perfectly adequate rate of fire. The VRF14 might be a fun introduction to magazine-fed semi-auto shotguns.

View attachment 19921
Unless I read it wrong this is now subject to reinterpretation as a SBS due to the new AFT rule.

Many of the, shall we say, "Less expensive" semi auto shotguns do in fact need to be broken in with heavier loads before they will cycle reliably. Get a few boxes of 1 oz slugs or 00B ( 1200 FPS seems to be the minimum) and fire that through it then try the lighter loads again.

Back